Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-05-2022, 04:27 PM   #16
wiretowire68

I own it

It is an excellent program if you consider yourself not an action player. The wizard idea is to be very, very selective in terms of your bets. Always, try to get a price and stay away from certain races in terms of being sucessful.

It comes down to understanding his terminology. It is the methods in his years of experience that made him sucessful. It is not for everybody. The set up VC and Black Magic is outstanding in terms of software presentation. However, You are following his guidelines and his principles. He essentially has taken his knowledge of what he has learned and fused it with the pioneers such as Querin, Ray Talbot, Tom Brohamer, Sartin and set it up so you use his dongle and his prices. It certainly cuts your handicapping into no time. It is a point, of waiting til as close to the post and hope you have your based covered in terms of the odds you want. You can still handicap or valuecap.

I still go over the pp's but lately I have taken my own style and fused into Google Sheets and have started my own AI messing around. With VC you deal with his numbers, many times bang on..many times the public is smarter and destroys a good overlay opportunity. More and more I like playing with the numbers myself. I like comparing other styles to my own. 3/4 quarters of the fun is the handicapping and figuring out the best game puzzle around. To me just waiting for a horse to have the magic odds with angles without actually discovering it is a boring. So as a tool, it is great but to me still love discovering the indisycrasies of the horse, the form, and everything else that is part of a race
I would recommend it as a tool and what it offers. I however, do not like the fact that there has no changes to his Post Time racing form, I would love to see it updated, it is small to read in my opinion.
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2022, 04:46 PM   #17
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

You would like to see it updated to do what?
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2022, 06:48 AM   #18
wiretowire68

I said the Post Time Daily Form, not the software, in terms of its presentation, fonts are too small, I think equibase, drf, bris. With software today, I just think the buyer should be able to have a choice in terms of presentation that is all. i.e. a better more viewable font. etc. Not the actual pp itself...
Old 10-07-2022, 08:23 AM   #19
Gerard02

Anyone having trouble with the. Valuecapper software? It keeps telling me to update my license. When I do, I get the expired message over and over.
Gerard02 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #20
lefty359

No probs here. The best to do is to put the q on Wizards Forum or email
Michael.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2022, 05:53 AM   #21
Gerard02

Problem solved
Old 10-08-2022, 08:37 AM   #22
Gerard02

Thumbs up

One of the things I have done well with the system is playing the VCP horses. The advantage of nailing a couple of these monsters comes from playing a few tracks and just scanning the races as they approach post time to see if they meet or go over the VCP. Coming close or just short of the VCP, I don’t have much to go by. I’ll usually throw some money down on them. I know, it’s not handicapping and it’s throwing darts, but it’s better than taking wild guesses on which longshots to bet. At least, it’s a guide. I was down about $120, yesterday between Aqueduct and Santa Anita. Hit a few small exactas, but was getting smashed on triples. Race 9 at Santa Anita, I played a couple of exactas and tossed a couple of bucks on a couple of VCP’s. One of them, #6 Kingmeister, went off at 60-1. He stuck with the pack and got up to win. It was close, the #11 was right with him and it took a photo to determine the winner. I knew I had it, but still held my breath. The score got back my days losses with a $3 profit. Give it a look. You may just get a good day, or even up after a beating. Good hunting.
Old 10-08-2022, 08:10 PM   #23
wiretowire68

Pizzola will answer and he is a super guy..
Old 10-09-2022, 05:16 AM   #24
omar2

What happens with the vc software is if the machine goes into sleep mode while VC is open then when you wake up computer just close the VC program and restart it again and it will work fine.
I’m an action player, always have, always will be.
This is the way I use the program.
I set portfolios to All Races because I don’t want to miss a race. I’ll look at 3 or 4 tracks in a day, maybe less. I look for races only with smooth lines. For example 4-1,9/2,5,5,5 ,6,6,7,7,etc. I try to stay away from races with clear gaps within the arc. I like wide open races. I then look for horses within the arc going off at big prices in relation to the other arc horses. Now I do use an MPH program with incremental velocities and I do keep models and profiles, I don’t know how one can win without record keeping and when I see a horse that I like and VC says he’s a big overlay in a wide open race, we’ll that’s Nirvana for me. Look I thought the #8 in r11 at Keenland was an easy $22 horse to get. As far as I was concerned the 6 had the wrong running style off of his only race which was on the turf. Turning back to dirt didn’t bother me. As a matter of fact I hit the last 6/7 races at Keenland. Look at the 9th race. Smooth arc, slight gap. I happened to like the 7 with both programs. Used him over the 2 with several horses for 3rd and hit the triple. I saw the 11 as the top deceleration horse, even though he wasn’t in the arc, and at 59-1 he made the triple .
omar2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2022, 09:58 AM   #25
Gerard02

I’m still learning the program. I use some of the portfolios. I’ve enjoyed using the VCP lines to bang out some nice prices. Trying to be more tactical. I still haven’t figured out the Position Pointer. I’m open to any ideas. Your style is impressive. I’ve been an action player, as well. Been trying to play exactas, but not much success. I’ve popped some nice triples, but I’ll admit, I look for three or four in the arc with decent odds. I’ll play five in the arc, but they have to be double digits for me to play them. I’m learning to pass more races, rather than take unnecessary risks. The last two days, I’ve done well, but it was more comebacks than advances. Yesterday, I was at Aqueduct and had to turn a $90 deficit into a $103 plus. You can’t have many winning days with those types of swings. I know I’ll get stronger as I go along. Playing in the horse tourney tournaments online. Nailed a few there. Good luck
Old 10-09-2022, 03:31 PM   #26
omar2

The position pointer is just a tool to identify speedsters and closers. A higher 2C than finish measures the horses early running tendencies whereas a higher finish # means he has more closing ability.
omar2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2022, 07:58 AM   #27
Gerard02

VCP Horses

Here is what I’ve noticed, since using the program. You can score some nice hits by playing the VCP horses. I’ve banged out some good odds over the past several weeks, but there are pitfalls. Playing more than a few can be costly, so I’ve been looking for ones higher up on the line. Last night I dropped $14 playing $2 Win bets on VCP Horses. One was right there for a while. I’ve thought about playing an exacta wheel, but it seems that it can work if there is only one VCP in the bunch and higher up in the ARC. I’ve seen more hit the board for place, so a place wager can be made. I’m going back in my data to see if I can scope out something useful. Will let you all know if I come up with anything.
Old 10-19-2022, 08:29 AM   #28
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard02 View Post
Here is what I’ve noticed, since using the program. You can score some nice hits by playing the VCP horses. I’ve banged out some good odds over the past several weeks, but there are pitfalls. Playing more than a few can be costly, so I’ve been looking for ones higher up on the line. Last night I dropped $14 playing $2 Win bets on VCP Horses. One was right there for a while. I’ve thought about playing an exacta wheel, but it seems that it can work if there is only one VCP in the bunch and higher up in the ARC. I’ve seen more hit the board for place, so a place wager can be made. I’m going back in my data to see if I can scope out something useful. Will let you all know if I come up with anything.
Thx Ger for your style...

questions.....

Do you follow the videos to a tee?

Are all preferred situations covered?

Why would you deviate from desired plays?
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2022, 10:42 AM   #29
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
Thx Ger for your style...

questions.....

Do you follow the videos to a tee?

Are all preferred situations covered?

Why would you deviate from desired plays?
Mike,

Covered this in the other thread

#1) There are no rules

#2) There are no.preferred situations

#3)Since there are no rules, videos cannot be followed to a tee

#4) The only desired play is to bet a horse the program.likes that the public does not. Bet every one of those and you will go broke quick.

The main idea is to use the numbers and oddsline the program generates within the framework of your personal style and comfort level, while staying away from the races that the program cannot have a good grip on, such as maiden races with many FTS or races over 10F or below 5F.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2022, 11:16 AM   #30
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Mike,

Covered this in the other thread

#1) There are no rules

#2) There are no.preferred situations

#3)Since there are no rules, videos cannot be followed to a tee

#4) The only desired play is to bet a horse the program.likes that the public does not. Bet every one of those and you will go broke quick.

The main idea is to use the numbers and oddsline the program generates within the framework of your personal style and comfort level, while staying away from the races that the program cannot have a good grip on, such as maiden races with many FTS or races over 10F or below 5F.
There should be rules and preferred situations....

Maybe some of us can be profitable for once....

BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: