Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-08-2022, 03:22 PM   #16
BroadwayJoe

my god..some people can't take a joke
also good manipulate move with mike

Last edited by BroadwayJoe; 11-08-2022 at 03:23 PM.
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2022, 03:26 PM   #17
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Maybe I should not confess to this, but about 40 years ago my girlfriend's brother committed the ultimate sin. He was supposed to go on an alcohol run
as he was the sober one at the party. He took a girl from the party with him,
he did not return till the next day. My revenge was getting him on every mailing list I could find. I would get trade magazines and send in those tear out cards requesting more information. I was an office manager for an electric wholesale house, so I was always getting solicitations. He lived in the mountains where you had to rent a P.O. box, where he lived it was a good 30
minute round trip to the post office.

The post office would call him almost daily telling him to get his mail. The funny thing is even after I broke up with his sister we remained friends for a couple years. I got constant feed back on his grief and he never had any idea who did him in.
That's Inner Dirt of a different kind!!
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2022, 07:39 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Easy call...Dave can stay right where he is...
Old 11-08-2022, 07:56 PM   #19
Dave Schwartz

Thank you.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2022, 08:34 PM   #20
CheckMark

Just for the hell of it have you actually sat down and listened to any of the messages?

Sorry to hear you are having this trouble I too have this problem where I get multiple emails and phone calls from wannabe handicappers or scam callers asking for my voice recognition (I use someone else's voice from a YT video) each and every day but not as bad as yours just around 3-5 per day

I probably signed up with someone in the past and then my number and email got passed around so that the next person could use it

I mostly get them all blocked but for some, I will pick up the phone and say "Hello" and like what I said before it is a wannabe handicapper selling his LOCK OF THE CENTURY or someone wanting to know if I can clean my ducts (well I don't know if they wish to my ducts or ducks cleaned the ducks around here are clean as can be I tell them!)

I know it would be frustrating to do that but who knows what good deals you are missing right now from the messages they leave
Old 11-08-2022, 09:48 PM   #21
Dave Schwartz

100 calls a day.

How do you get anything done?

How does a real customer reach us?

Maybe 3% leave a message.
They are all fake calls.
Old 11-09-2022, 01:57 PM   #22
jimmyb

Norombo has a service that supposedly defeats robo calls.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2022, 03:36 PM   #23
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Norombo has a service that supposedly defeats robo calls.
Yes.
Using it already.
Says it doesn't work on my numbers.
(Spectrum)
Old 11-10-2022, 01:17 PM   #24
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Yes.
Using it already.
Says it doesn't work on my numbers.
(Spectrum)

if it were me I'd look into changing my phone service provider, one that will accept Norombo. Most providers will let you keep your existing phone #.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 03:25 PM   #25
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
if it were me I'd look into changing my phone service provider, one that will accept Norombo. Most providers will let you keep your existing phone #.
Actually, NoMoRobo is now working.

Everything stops after the 3rd ring.

However, that includes customers and if we try to figure out phone numbers, it's just as bad as picking up the phone.

We're going to have to give up our 20+ year business & personal phone numbers.

Not a trivial thing to do.
Old 11-11-2022, 07:37 PM   #26
thespaah

Quote:
Actually, NoMoRobo is now working.

Everything stops after the 3rd ring.

However, that includes customers and if we try to figure out phone numbers, it's just as bad as picking up the phone.

We're going to have to give up our 20+ year business & personal phone numbers.

Not a trivial thing to do.
I own a small trucking business. Frequently I must contact delivery or pickup contacts to make scheduling arrangements. This robo call thing has reached a level where virtually NO ONE answers their phone. So, I no longer bother. I just text and be done with it. Coming my way, I receive robo and scammer calls. If I don't recognize the number, I let it go to voicemail. If no voice mail and/or follow up text, I deem the call robo or scammer.
It sucks.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2022, 01:35 PM   #27
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
All the calls come in with either SPAM RISK, SPAM LIKELY, or the number is spoofed to some rural Nevada town.

Seriously some have populations of under 100.

31 calls since 2pm.
I don't get all these ridiculous ads (BOTH SIDES) telling us what a prospective candidate were for or against. Way back in high school my civics teacher (really an effective educator) told us that these ads "cherry pick" parts of bills that sometimes have over 250 parts to them...A congressman or congress woman could have voted for the 168 parts that were logical and effective, but since a few ridiculous parts always get added as amendments and so forth to satisfy the OTHER side, they of course would get that same affirmative vote...So while OVERALL that was true these claims make it effectively a lie.

Then there are all the RIDICULOUS conclusions they make saying for example that a state official's election is going to lower federal taxes.

Even before this voter promo madness, we used to get about 20 calls a day,mostly from Pakistan and India with bogus representatives telling us they were US companies...With THOSE accents? Come on now!!
Old 11-12-2022, 04:28 PM   #28
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
I don't get all these ridiculous ads (BOTH SIDES) telling us what a prospective candidate were for or against. Way back in high school my civics teacher (really an effective educator) told us that these ads "cherry pick" parts of bills that sometimes have over 250 parts to them...A congressman or congress woman could have voted for the 168 parts that were logical and effective, but since a few ridiculous parts always get added as amendments and so forth to satisfy the OTHER side, they of course would get that same affirmative vote...So while OVERALL that was true these claims make it effectively a lie.

Then there are all the RIDICULOUS conclusions they make saying for example that a state official's election is going to lower federal taxes.

Even before this voter promo madness, we used to get about 20 calls a day,mostly from Pakistan and India with bogus representatives telling us they were US companies...With THOSE accents? Come on now!!
I suspect a lot of these calls have been for medicare supplements. That's what most of the ones I get are for.
Old 11-12-2022, 05:07 PM   #29
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
I suspect a lot of these calls have been for medicare supplements. That's what most of the ones I get are for.
Before the recent fiasco, almost all were "harvesters."

Almost all hang up.
Apparently, they harvest your number based upon when you answer (i.e. time of day, day of week, etc.).

There were the several hundred Medicare Supplements thanks to a certain guy.

Now that we answer zero phone calls, we get a few messages a day from the supplement agents looking for Michael Jackson.

We'll find a solution in the next couple of weeks.

Obviously we will have to change the phone number.
And we'll likely have to change them periodically.

Like "thespaah" said, it is not a trivial thing.
Can't take a joke, right?

Looking for a new phone provider. The biggest challenge is that very few of those internet providers seem to support a digital-to-analog conversion for multi-line phones.