Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-21-2022, 07:11 PM   #46
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Sport's been trying to get younger participants since the days of Ruffian and beyond...it's a pipe dream, and has NOTHING to do with analysts.

Let me know when anyone on that list of yours starts garnering the amount of attention Andy gets (both positive and negative).

Andy gets all this attention for a reason. He's best of show.
You're right PA I don't get as much attention.

I would get a hell of a lot less if TLG would leave me alone.

I'm just gonna do my thing.

Films are going good.

Averaging about 20 a day.

They'll be ready Wednesday.

Here's one from today.....

CLAIRIERE--- The Personal Ensign was a complete throw out. She slammed her face into the closed gate. A second later they sprung it. She seemed totally out of it. Never picked he feet up at any point. So, let's go back to the SHUVEE for her movie. When good off the pace types, dyed in the wool stretch runners are going to fire their best race. They all seem to break great even though they'll ultimately come from behind. That's what CLAIRIERE did in the SHUVEE. She was actually in front for a couple strides before dropping back to last. Fast forward to the far turn. here's where it got good and interesting. JOHNNY V was riding CLARIERE as much as he was his filly MALATHAAT. He kept Rosario in the pocket as long as he could. There's an old adage for race riders outside one inside two. Since CRAZY BEAUTIFUL was the only ONE to go around JOEL made that choice. Oops, sorry lane closed. He had to slam on the brake and use plan B. The rail. Well, everything worked out fine as she fired through and was VERY CLEARLY better than MALATHAAT that day. Pretty cool spot for a rubber match. Let's GO!

Last edited by v j stauffer; 10-21-2022 at 07:13 PM.
v j stauffer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2022, 08:42 PM   #47
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
NOT trolling.

He's doing an outstanding job

Great match with Courtney Clement. I think that's the ticket.
Acacia Clement(nee, Courtney)
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2022, 08:43 PM   #48
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Is "kibbitzing" an Arkansas word?
Very much so....
Old 10-21-2022, 08:45 PM   #49
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I saw that as a sign of the Apocolyps.
I was on the lookut for locusts the rest of the year.
Oh...I thought it might have been the Africanized Killer Bees...
My bad
Old 10-22-2022, 10:41 AM   #50
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Sport's been trying to get younger participants since the days of Ruffian and beyond...it's a pipe dream, and has NOTHING to do with analysts..
I’m not sure I agree with you 100%.

I think there are way more young women interested in racing now than a couple of decades ago. I think it started right around the time of Rachel and Zenyatta. Some women were so into Zenyatta, they started Facebook pages, started following her offspring, and it expanded into following other great fillies and mares and so on. The industry has also added a bunch of knowledgeable women to the TV broadcasts. I obviously don’t have data, but I think there are way more women in the sport, covering the sport, and following the sport now than when I started. Maybe a lot of them aren’t the kind of hard core heavy bettors we need also, but IMO it’s a huge plus and heading the right direction to make the sport more appealing to women.
Old 10-22-2022, 02:24 PM   #51
Boomer

Maggie and Anthony did the Americas Day at the races this afternoon.

Chemistry galore....and Maggie dishing out the wicked digs and adlibs to Anthony and cracking Anthony up.

You guys are great together. Also Anthony knows his harness racing. You can tell by his handicapping style. And it helps.

Last edited by Boomer; 10-22-2022 at 02:28 PM.
Boomer is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2022, 12:32 AM   #52
Someday Silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I’m not sure I agree with you 100%.

I think there are way more young women interested in racing now than a couple of decades ago. I think it started right around the time of Rachel and Zenyatta. Some women were so into Zenyatta, they started Facebook pages, started following her offspring, and it expanded into following other great fillies and mares and so on. The industry has also added a bunch of knowledgeable women to the TV broadcasts. I obviously don’t have data, but I think there are way more women in the sport, covering the sport, and following the sport now than when I started. Maybe a lot of them aren’t the kind of hard core heavy bettors we need also, but IMO it’s a huge plus and heading the right direction to make the sport more appealing to women.
No offense, but you're way off, not to mention patronizing. Women have always loved horses and horse racing and handicapping -- they simply weren't allowed to participate in it. Then once they were allowed to participate, stereotypes and misconceptions abounded, AND CONTINUE TO ABOUND today. Sure, Zenyatta was a great boost all around, but dispelling the myth that female jockeys/trainers are too emotional or have to bang a bunch of their male peers to achieve success helped infinitely more.

Last edited by Someday Silent; 10-26-2022 at 12:35 AM.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2022, 09:45 AM   #53
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday Silent View Post
No offense, but you're way off, not to mention patronizing. Women have always loved horses and horse racing and handicapping -- they simply weren't allowed to participate in it. Then once they were allowed to participate, stereotypes and misconceptions abounded, AND CONTINUE TO ABOUND today. Sure, Zenyatta was a great boost all around, but dispelling the myth that female jockeys/trainers are too emotional or have to bang a bunch of their male peers to achieve success helped infinitely more.
Hmmmn

I'm not going to debate the chicken or egg dynamics of whether there was less interest from women in the past than there is now or whether some women loved it all along but were simply shut out initially. I think both are true and the extent of each depends on what we are talking about.

All I was doing was pointing out the reality that at one time there were very few women on TV broadcasts (Charlsie Cantey was one). Now you see multiple women in key spots on multiple broadcasts and feeds.

There are way more women in the grandstand now on big race days than back in the 70s and 80s when I started playing.

There are Facebook pages dominated by women now.

When I was in college, there was a horse racing club. It was promoted to everyone. Only one woman joined. There was very little interest from women even though they were welcomed (in fact encouraged lol). I'd be willing to bet a lot more more women would join now.

The point is, those are all positive changes for the sport. The "why" it was that way in the past is a different issue.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 10-26-2022 at 10:00 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2022, 10:04 AM   #54
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Maggie and Anthony did the Americas Day at the races this afternoon.

Chemistry galore....and Maggie dishing out the wicked digs and adlibs to Anthony and cracking Anthony up.

You guys are great together. Also Anthony knows his harness racing. You can tell by his handicapping style. And it helps.
Disagree. She is delightful. He is long winded and says very little.