Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 09:34 PM   #61
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

His right to express his opinions stops at his responsibility to the people paying his salary. The NFl can allow, but we damn well have the right to condemn them and to boycott their sponsors.

Aside for the fact the guy is a low life POS not worth a thing.
I have no respect for garbage like him. Or pandering bastards like the NFL - who are really nothing but bottom feeders.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:09 PM   #62
Robert Fischer
clean money

A move like Kaep's hurts the sponsorship picture of the 49ers, but the media can have a field day with it, and hold their own.

The worst thing that CK's actions do is show a fragility in the system.

The people who run the NFL and the Media and the Corporate World are not rookies. They know that they can't have a bunch of players putting politics in front of their paychecks. If that happens they lose some control. The whole revenue system becomes threatened.

This is why Kaepernick has already been blackballed. No more sponsorships, no more featured scenarios, an exit strategy in the works.

His first offer will be to make a concession. Perhaps similar to Abdul Rauf in basketball, after a closed door session, he will agree to Stand, while simply 'lowering his eyes', or some such token gesture.

If he doesn't back down immediately and concede, life will get even tougher. The media will tell us that Kaepernick has lost his passion for the game. That he's unstable. Not of his right mind. A character assassination.

The 49ers will 'move in a new direction'. Whether a release or a trade to another bench role that expedites his exit from the NFL. (I'm no contract expert, and I'm not going to research for this post). New coach Kelly is looking to move in a new direction, Kaepernick has struggled in his role in the system, he 'hasn't been effective', his 'injuries have taken a toll'.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:49 AM   #63
CincyHorseplayer

This is why I love our sport. I can see and appreciate everything about the athletes by their performance and they don't have to say a word. I don't pay any attention to all the other athletes when they get a mic put in their face. Life much easier that way!
Old 08-30-2016, 03:58 AM   #64
JustRalph
Just another Facist

https://m.facebook.com/plugins/video...xt=0&width=560

Not sure about posting a Facebook link. But she shreds CK
Old 08-30-2016, 10:08 AM   #65
chadk66

he will probably be released and nobody will pick him up
Old 08-30-2016, 10:26 AM   #66
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
he will probably be released and nobody will pick him up
Exactly. Nobody needs a distraction. And a distraction that can no longer play? They don't last very long.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:42 AM   #67
delayjf

I wonder what the NFL's position would be if instead a white religious conservative spoke out against homosexuality. I wonder if they would apply the same freedom of speak standard for the white Christians that they do for the black Muslim.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:49 AM   #68
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
https://m.facebook.com/plugins/video...xt=0&width=560

Not sure about posting a Facebook link. But she shreds CK
Good stuff.
She's a fireball.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:56 AM   #69
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf
I wonder what the NFL's position would be if instead a white religious conservative spoke out against homosexuality. I wonder if they would apply the same freedom of speak standard for the white Christians that they do for the black Muslim.
What was the media attitude about Tim Tebow exercising his rights?

Or the high school football coach who was fired for praying on the field after a game?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865660124/Fired-for-praying-on-field-football-coach-sues.html?pg=all
Old 08-30-2016, 12:07 PM   #70
chadk66

Quote:
they did. Look at Tim Tebow
Old 08-30-2016, 12:08 PM   #71
chadk66

He needs to be placed on the No Fly List it appears.
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/0...tivist-dj.html
Old 08-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #72
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Freedom of speech applies to government supressión of speech.Private employers can do as they wish.

Colin Kapernick has come under criticism, and he has made future employment in the NFL difficult because of his actions.The NFL or the 49ers has no rule about standing for the National Anthem.Maybe there should be, but until there is, he can't be let go for that reason.

I would hope that no one loses their job over their political beliefs but it happens all the time.Curt Schilling and Ward Churchill, from opposite sides of the political spectrum ,come to mind,

Keep in mind that a lot of gay people did lose their jobs simply because of their homosexuality.

Also, how many jobs do people have where the Star Spangled Banner is played before the work day starts?If it's that important to the NFL, why are the TV networks showing commercials instead of the ceremony?
Old 08-30-2016, 12:38 PM   #73
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

He needs to have his ass kicked in the parking lot.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:54 PM   #74
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
He needs to have his ass kicked in the parking lot.
You mean instead of on the field, as has been happening of late?
Old 08-30-2016, 01:36 PM   #75
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Yep.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.a1330cd64059
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: