Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

View Poll Results: Gun Runner vs Songbird
Gun Runner 42 80.77%
Songbird 10 19.23%
Voters: 52. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 08:46 AM   #166
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
I got a small board to manage. Can't compete with this! Mike let em have it! Best horse board of all time. Pretenders come on board to be shot down like clay pigeons!
My second favorite drunk poster and favorite redboarder.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #167
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Dahoss, this was the post you were complaining about in another thread?

You present yourself as tougher than that, don't you?

You push people to the edge and then wonder why they don't like you?

You don't need me to help you out, and yet you blast me on another thread for letting someone "wish death" on you here....which is a little overboard if you ask me.

If you dish it out, you have to take it as well, don't you think?
Of course I don't need your help, but i figured even I've never wished death upon someone. I pushed him to the edge? Because I disagreed with him? Because I pointed out he's wrong and echoed what you said months ago.....that he can't concede even when he's wrong?

Of course I expect to take it and have. I've been called names with nothing done, and now worse. Two sets of rules and since I posted in off topic you got your panties in a twist.

But good to know we're back to having no boundaries here. This is going to get fun.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:08 AM   #168
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I did cartwheels the other day..............I bet a bunch on Forever Unbridled. I posted my selections, it was the only single of my day. Here's the thing, her last race was no where close to last years form and the other horse is razor sharp right now, Forever Unbridled went the over land route and still inhaled her foes for lunch.

I love the arguments about semantics.......best, historical, all time great and all the other garbage that has zero to do with betting.....and winning. One guy sits here fighting about it and admits he doesn't gamble......I wish he did . None of that crap wins horse races or money at the window. About 90% of it is hyperbole and exaggeration.

Tough campaign my ass, she ran against horses that really are not much until the Breeders Cup and then Saturday............0-2.

Zenyatta won and placed in one of the toughest races in the world at a classic distance.......night and day my friend.

People that engage in this "the best ever talk", usually need a good dose of perspective. Somehow, people that bet against these horses are branded "haters".....which is hilarious because in reality they are people that know how to cash a nice ticket from time to time.

That race was a 20 mph softball served up over the plate with a $6.20 return in a 4 horse field. While people bitch about whose the best ever and all the other crap......calling people "haters".....I just want to know who is going to be there at the wire. And this horse had "vulnerable" written all over it. I love the horse, doesn't mean I have to bet on her.
Solid post. I guess when you're a little bitch who doesn't bet, winning an internet arguement on semantics is really all you've got.

The haters stuff comes out anytime someone doesn't agree with hyperbole. Ill own it every time.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:22 AM   #169
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Solid post. I guess when you're a little bitch who doesn't bet, winning an internet arguement on semantics is really all you've got.

The haters stuff comes out anytime someone doesn't agree with hyperbole. Ill own it every time.
What does "Gun Runner versus Songbird" have to do with betting? Nothing. What does all your talk about whether she's an all-time great or overrated have to do with betting? Nothing. Not all discussion here is about betting, though you and Burnsy are free to just engage in betting discussions. You wouldn't want to start a thread about a non-existent matchup though in that case.

Mr. Internet
Old 08-28-2017, 11:02 AM   #170
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
What does "Gun Runner versus Songbird" have to do with betting? Nothing. What does all your talk about whether she's an all-time great or overrated have to do with betting? Nothing. Not all discussion here is about betting, though you and Burnsy are free to just engage in betting discussions. You wouldn't want to start a thread about a non-existent matchup though in that case.

Mr. Internet
You're a bitch.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #171
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Here's my guess....Fager Fraud was born on 3rd base but is convinced he hit a triple.

Daddy let's him pick out some horses for him and he thinks he's Steve Young because of it.

Did I mention he's a cowardly sissy?
For the record...obviously I was right about this.

I'd love a chance to meet up with Fager Fraud at the Sales like he suggested last week. Let me know when and where bitch.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:41 AM   #172
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
She was off in the hind in the post parade. She looked better after warming up. A shame.
For my good buddy, Dahoss, from DRF:

Meanwhile, Songbird will be evaluated by Dr. Larry Bramlage at the Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, Ky. on Monday, her owner, Rick Porter, said Sunday.

“I just want him to go over her,” Porter said. “A number of good horsemen told me they thought she was definitely off behind in the post parade. It got better as she warmed up. Someone sent me a video and it is clear. I don’t think she’s the same Songbird.”

lol.

Hugs and kisses,

Mr. Internet
Old 08-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #173
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

Meanwhile, Songbird will be evaluated by Dr. Larry Bramlage at the Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, Ky. on Monday, her owner, Rick Porter, said Sunday.

“I just want him to go over her,” Porter said. “A number of good horsemen told me they thought she was definitely off behind in the post parade. It got better as she warmed up. Someone sent me a video and it is clear. I don’t think she’s the same Songbird.”

lol.665

Hugs and kisses,

Mr. Internet
Sure, because they think she is Ruffian.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:12 PM   #174
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

lol.

Hugs and kisses,

Mr. Internet
Excuse after excuse for getting beat a neck.

Was Hollendorfer there on Saturday? How about asst. trainers? No one noticed it in the paddock? No one picked up on anything being wrong beforehand in training, galloping?

Also, you missed a real opportunity to make some money apparently. Too bad you're too chicken shit to bet.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:15 PM   #175
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Rood and Riddle will find out there's nothing wrong with her other than she has women that own 35 cats and chicken shit non bettors like Fager Fraud overestimating her talent.

But IMO she'll be retired. Lots of hurt egos after she was shown to be not the super filly so many want her to be.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #176
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Hollendorfer thought she came out of the race fine. Owner has a hurt ego. Hollendorfer, a HOF trainer, would run a horse who looked off in the paddock?

How did he miss something all these nameless people saw?
Old 08-28-2017, 12:30 PM   #177
Dahoss9698
Veteran

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...-ensign-defeat

Trainer and asst trainer a lot more gracious than Mr Bow Tie. Since she was beat something must be wrong. The only thing wrong is their opinion of how good she is. Porter doesn't think she's okay because she doesn't let horses pass her.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:57 PM   #178
dilanesp

Quote:
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...-ensign-defeat

Trainer and asst trainer a lot more gracious than Mr Bow Tie. Since she was beat something must be wrong. The only thing wrong is their opinion of how good she is. Porter doesn't think she's okay because she doesn't let horses pass her.
This is just human nature, Dahoss.

I'll use a political example (and please, let's not launch into a big debate over the election!). Hillary Clinton was, by all accounts, the favorite to win the election last year, and she lost.

It's entirely possible that there was nothing wrong with Hillary's campaign. She won the popular vote by 3 million votes, according to polls she won all the debates, she made the attacks against Trump that, according to the polls, were the most effective ones, and she ran on a similar platform to Obama, who had won the last two presidential elections easily.

But it is human nature when you lose, especially when you are a big favorite, to think there's a cause. And obviously, again, without getting into details, post-election discussions have focused on any number of causes, from problems with the candidate to outside events and forces.

The thing is, if you go into one of those political discussions on twitter or some political site's comments thread and make the first argument-- that nothing really went wrong, she just got beat-- you will get pilloried by people saying that this or that thing caused the defeat. People just don't accept the argument that a big favorite can lose and there isn't some "cause" of the defeat.

So I don't endorse what Songbird's owners are doing, but it is totally natural to do it. She's only lost two races, and the first one was a photo finish to one of the great racemares of the last 40 years. So this is the first real "loss", and they are wondering what's wrong. That may be irrational, but it's what humans do.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:39 PM   #179
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
You're a bitch.
You gotta go. Seriously?
Old 08-28-2017, 02:46 PM   #180
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
You gotta go. Seriously?
He posted he would like if I drowned in a pool. Did you miss that?

Besides, what are you doing posting during the day? Aren't you more of a 3 am, drunk poster?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: