Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-30-2019, 10:08 PM   #46
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

It's funny that the 2 candidates with the best message and most energy are the two oldest....
Bernie and Warren.

To be honest, this would probably be the Dems strongest ticket with Bernie leading the way....No other candidate stepped forward tonight, not one.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2019, 10:37 PM   #47
ElKabong

Have watched the last two hours, I don't see any of these people winning a general election. Warren and sanders promise wayyyy too much and offer no solid, believable way to pay for all the free stuff.

Dems better hope their candidate comes from night number 2. Everyone tonight has the look of a money burning 5k claimer.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2019, 11:12 PM   #48
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Have watched the last two hours, I don't see any of these people winning a general election. Warren and sanders promise wayyyy too much and offer no solid, believable way to pay for all the free stuff.

Dems better hope their candidate comes from night number 2. Everyone tonight has the look of a money burning 5k claimer.
Agreed.

I tuned in an hour later, after shutting it off.
The same dumb CNN format of interrupting. Absolutely unwatchable.
What I saw was "SUITS.!"
Male and 1 Female suit.
To have any chance at all of defeating Trump, they had to come out of the 2-Dimensional flat figures they were showing.
To a point, Sanders did. But his schtick is tiring and unrealistic.
Warren tried, but flat too.
Bullock a no hoper from Montana, Chickencooper, and Delaney seemed to have their heads screwed on straight.
Look elsewhere.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2019, 11:25 PM   #49
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Agreed.

I tuned in an hour later, after shutting it off.
The same dumb CNN format of interrupting. Absolutely unwatchable.
What I saw was "SUITS.!"
Male and 1 Female suit.
To have any chance at all of defeating Trump, they had to come out of the 2-Dimensional flat figures they were showing.
To a point, Sanders did. But his schtick is tiring and unrealistic.
Warren tried, but flat too.
Bullock a no hoper from Montana, Chickencooper, and Delaney seemed to have their heads screwed on straight.
Look elsewhere.
Warren and sanders have killed their chances unless they do a u turn on a Medicare type plan for all . A lot of Midwestern Families that have a union worker as a bread winner won't go for that idea for a moment. Their unions negotiated favorable medical plans, plans that would be far more beneficial than a free for all type of cluster buck.

Those union workers , esp in the rust belt, are crucial for a dem to win a general election. Regardless how Bernie and fauxcahontas explain it, it will fall well short of the end zone. Those votes go to trump unless they reverse their promise.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 07-30-2019 at 11:26 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2019, 11:35 PM   #50
Boris

National Anthem played, no one took a knee. Blown opportunity. Bunch of posers.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2019, 11:35 PM   #51
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
I've turned it off already.
Jake Tapper is a terrible moderator. He doesn't listen and interrupts the
candidates before they can get points out.
Very annoying and unwatchable.
I'll check it again in an hour.
It's like Chinese food - 2 ours later, you still want an answer!

Sorry, but Shark Week - not going to miss that for this bunch of lying losers. Not a single intelligent thing will be said there tonight.
FOX will have the lowlights tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:36 PM   #52
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Was Biden there tonight. No way HE cold take a knee.
How about Kamala? Are you sure she wasn't ALREADY on her knees?

Last edited by Tom; 07-30-2019 at 11:39 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2019, 11:38 PM   #53
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Democratic presidential candidates will debate Tuesday and Wednesday

They’re at it again, the army of Democrats running for president, preparing to jostle under the bright lights and offer, as best they can in soundbite-sized pieces, their vision for the nation and why they alone are best suited to take on President Trump in 2020.

The two-hour forums on Tuesday and Wednesday nights begin at 5 p.m. Pacific — that’s an hour earlier than the debates in June — with many of the same contestants on stage for what will almost certainly be the last time in the history of humankind.
It should be like SURVIVOR. Tribal council at the end of each and one voted out.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:38 PM   #54
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Nah. Tim Ryan was the only candidate to not put his hand over his heart...Same as taking a knee.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:56 PM   #55
highnote

Quote:
Nah. Tim Ryan was the only candidate to not put his hand over his heart...Same as taking a knee.
I have never put my hand over my heart during the Anthem and I never will. That was never a thing when I was a kid. My father was a WWII vet and fought in the Battle of the Bulge -- the biggest battle of WWII -- and he never put his hand over his heart. If he had, I am sure I would have, too. All that was required was to stand and respect what the flag represents.

Tim Ryan and I are both from around Youngstown, Ohio. Maybe we were raised with a different Anthem custom than other parts of the country?
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2019, 12:03 AM   #56
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
I have never put my hand over my heart during the Anthem and I never will. That was never a thing when I was a kid. My father was a WWII vet and fought in the Battle of the Bulge -- the biggest battle of WWII -- and he never put his hand over his heart. If he had, I am sure I would have, too. All that was required was to stand and respect what the flag represents.

Tim Ryan and I are both from around Youngstown, Ohio. Maybe we were raised with a different Anthem custom than other parts of the country?
When you say "I never will", it sounds like you have an attitude problem.

Did you not put your hand over your heart in school as a kid when reciting the Pledge of Allegiance?....

It's the same thing to me.

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 07-31-2019 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:30 AM   #57
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
It's funny that the 2 candidates with the best message and most energy are the two oldest....
Bernie and Warren.

To be honest, this would probably be the Dems strongest ticket with Bernie leading the way....No other candidate stepped forward tonight, not one.
Could you imagine that angry old man, as President, pointing his finger, yelling, and waiving his arms at foreign leaders?
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2019, 12:35 AM   #58
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
I like what you are saying.

Your Dad sounds like he was a wonderful guy, as was mine.
But where you and I differ, I am not my Dad, as great as I still see him.
In life, we have to choose our own paths, depending upon the doors that open and close. We are authors of our destinies, excluding sickness or injury, on where we are going.
At some point, each of us has to choose to be our own "Persons."
We can't say, I do this or that because my parents did this or that.
For example, my Dad was a Democrat, therefore I vote Democrat (or Republican) -take your pick.
With respect to putting your hand over your heart, are you being You or Your Dad?
My advice = Follow Your Heart! (Not anyone else's including your parents!)
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2019, 12:36 AM   #59
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Warren and sanders have killed their chances unless they do a u turn on a Medicare type plan for all . A lot of Midwestern Families that have a union worker as a bread winner won't go for that idea for a moment. Their unions negotiated favorable medical plans, plans that would be far more beneficial than a free for all type of cluster buck.

Those union workers , esp in the rust belt, are crucial for a dem to win a general election. Regardless how Bernie and fauxcahontas explain it, it will fall well short of the end zone. Those votes go to trump unless they reverse their promise.
They have to win the democratic nominee before they can change their stories to win the presidential election. Truly a Catch-22.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2019, 12:41 AM   #60
highnote

Quote:
When you say "I never will", it sounds like you have an attitude problem.

Did you not put your hand over your heart in school as a kid when reciting the Pledge of Allegiance?....

It's the same thing to me.
I don't have an attitude problem except to the extent that I don't like control freaks telling me how I am supposed to honor the flag during the Anthem.

If someone says I ALWAYS put my hand over my heart during the Anthem and I will never change. That would be the same thing to me. I wouldn't have a problem with how they do it. It's their custom. Just like I don't have a problem with Kapernick kneeling. If that's what he wants to do then do it. It doesn't affect me. It only seems to affect control freaks.

I put my hand over my heart during the Pledge and I will continue to do so. It's my custom. If I change my custom and people don't like it, that's their problem, not mine.

For example, take many husbands and wives in this country; each will come from families with different customs. Maybe the husband came from a family that believes when you get angry you yell at each other to express your displeasure and never walk away and ignore the person that is yelling because walking away is a sign of total disrespect. Maybe the wife comes from a family that believes you never raise your voice when you're angry because it is disrespectful and if someone raises their voice at you, you walk away and ignore them. You can imagine what will happen the first time they get into an argument. The husband raises his voice, the wife feels totally disrespected and turns and walks away. The husband feels totally disrespected because his wife ignores him. The problem arose because they have different customs. Neither one is right or wrong, but if they don't understand each others customs they may end up divorced.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply