Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:32 PM   #601
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

One word, Bitcoin!

and If you don't like that, try Snap.

Remain calm at all times.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #602
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Beware of anyone touting Bitcoin or any other scam cryptocurrency…..Pure Ponzi....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2018, 05:28 PM   #603
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Exactamundo.

I have already said read "The Capitalist Code" by Ben Stein.

If you're young enough or smart enough.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #604
Valuist

Huge up day today. Reminds me of 2008 and 2001. Some of the biggest one day gains have come during turbulent times. The biggest one day gains are often the result of short covering. High volatility may be great for day trading, but definitely not for investing.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2018, 07:32 PM   #605
Suff
Beat up 💪

Block Chain

Block Chain is real. Block Chain and DNA.

If you've purchased linens in Bed Bath & Beyond you've encountered it.

Carl Icahn controls West Point Home. WPH has developed cotton seeds with custom DNA sequences. Cotton Farmers must use these specific seeds.

The cotton that they source from global growers is DNA field tested for authenticity at various points in the supply chain.

Innovation to insure quality and consistency on a Global Scale.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Block chain uses2.jpg (445.6 KB, 6 views)
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2018, 08:36 PM   #606
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

That's the second most likely way the World (as we know it) could end.

Bingo.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:59 PM   #607
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
That's the second most likely way the World (as we know it) could end.

Bingo.
Future of life. FLI is based on the premise that for the human species to survive we must get off this planet.

To do so we need to be a mix of organic and man-made materials.

Gravity, breathable gasses (oxygen), particles , radiation and other space born elements will not allow us to live elsewhere without being a mix of human and machine.

https://futureoflife.org/

In 2014 I read Max Tegmarks book "our mathematical universe". I emailed him because I lived nearby. That led me to a few of his events at MIT where I learned and absorbed some of the challenges facing mankind. Max founded FLI.

http://space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/mathematical.html

Last edited by Suff; 10-17-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:02 AM   #608
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
Future of life. FLI is based on the premise that for the human species to survive we must get off this planet.

To do so we need to be a mix of organic and man-made materials.

Gravity, breathable gasses (oxygen), particles , radiation and other space born elements will not allow us to live elsewhere without being a mix of human and machine.

https://futureoflife.org/

In 2014 I read Max Tegmarks book "our mathematical universe". I emailed him because I lived nearby. That led me to a few of his events at MIT where I learned and absorbed some of the challenges facing mankind. Max founded FLI.

http://space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/mathematical.html

So to survive, we must get off this planet? And go to an even more hostile planet environment? Makes zero sense, if we can build systems to survive on Mars, or ?? that we can't adapt to a slightly more inhospitable planet here on earth. And I've always been a big supporter of space travel and exploration. Maybe we need Theme parks to develop and build solutions, since they're already building elaborate environs under water.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:14 PM   #609
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Robots

I agree with everything you wrote Fuss, however keep them on a very short leash.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #610
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
So to survive, we must get off this planet? And go to an even more hostile planet environment? Makes zero sense, if we can build systems to survive on Mars, or ?? that we can't adapt to a slightly more inhospitable planet here on earth. And I've always been a big supporter of space travel and exploration. Maybe we need Theme parks to develop and build solutions, since they're already building elaborate environs under water.
Its above me honestly. Max Tegmark is a theoretical physicist. If you were to visit his site, you'll see he has theories on Multiverse, String Theory, Hologram Theory, etc.. As far as MIT physicists go, he's known as a deep thinker, but does not do commercially viable physicist work.

Also, if you visit the FLI site, its mainly focused on plausible , real world suggestions on life on this earth. The nuclear threat, environmental threats, astronomical threats, and social threats , like populations and diseases.

I'm an observer of these things because they interest me. I'm not qualified to have any meaningful discussion about it. 8 Years ago MIT put there classes online and I took a few, did ok, I joined ATMOB (amataur telescope makers club of boston) and built my own telescope, met interesting people. That's all I got.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #611
Suff
Beat up 💪

I like this subject. There are smart people, and plenty of them, that believe we already got off other celestial bodies.

When you think about "getting off this planet"... It may not be a direct line from conscious human beings here to conscious human beings there.

We may send modified organisms to multiple places and they'll evolve. Exactly the way we did here. With no direct ties to "where we came from" because it might take 200-300 million years for that evolution to take place.

You can find religious texts that support the theory as well, mainly Buddhism and Hinduism. I was reading buddhist texts in parallel with Copernicus. Evolution is a big word.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:38 AM   #612
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
I agree with everything you wrote Fuss, however keep them on a very short leash.
If they can evolve and learn very quickly, that may be hard to do in real life, or whatever that life form is called. Interesting subject that Fuss has brought to the stock market thread.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #613
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

121 companies reported last night/pre-open. As of 15 mins ago, 71 of those stocks were down. Of the 71, 52 met or beat EPS expectations. Market action is horrible. SOX chart is disconcerting.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #614
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
121 companies reported last night/pre-open. As of 15 mins ago, 71 of those stocks were down. Of the 71, 52 met or beat EPS expectations. Market action is horrible. SOX chart is disconcerting.
The market defies logic at almost every step. I laugh at TV analysts tying market movement to interest rates, earnings reports, elections, product announcements etc. Supply and demand rules.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:51 PM   #615
LemonSoupKid

It's emerging markets and the question of Nov 6 elections.

After the red wave and obvious picture of declining world markets except the USA, money will come pouring into the US and the DOW will move to 35000 or higher (over the next 5 years).
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: