Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:31 AM   #23101
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
You believe that war is a God-approved undertaking?
There's a time for PEACE and a time for WAR. Ever heard of Armageddon? Read Ecclesiastes and Revelation one more time, you'll find the answer to your question....
Old 02-07-2016, 12:34 AM   #23102
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
There's a time for PEACE and a time for WAR. Ever heard of Armageddon? Read Ecclesiastes and Revelation one more time, you'll find the answer to your question....
I read Ecclesiastes and Revelation...but do I have to believe what it says? I read fairy tales for amusement only.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:36 AM   #23103
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
I read Ecclesiastes and Revelation...but do I have to believe what it says? I read fairy tales for amusement only.
What do you want from me, Gus?....I don't talk to you in this manner.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:37 AM   #23104
thaskalos

Quote:
What do you want from me, Gus?....I don't talk to you in this manner.
Yes you do.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:38 AM   #23105
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Yes you do.
Prove it......and I'll apologize.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:40 AM   #23106
thaskalos

Quote:
Prove it......and I'll apologize.
No need to apologize. I thought nothing of it.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:42 AM   #23107
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
No need to apologize. I thought nothing of it.
You have no proof....and that's the point your trying to drive home about anything referenced as "truth" in the Bible. Isn't it now, Gus?
Old 02-07-2016, 12:49 AM   #23108
thaskalos

Quote:
You have no proof....and that's the point your trying to drive home about anything referenced as "truth" in the Bible. Isn't it now, Gus?
You have 25 posts in this thread Randall...and they are all alike. Sniper attacks like the one you waged against Light in your prior post...without ever telling us in depth what you disagree with. You've done the same thing here with me.

You want to disagree with what we say here...fine. But do it while making some sort of statement of your own. These sniper attacks of yours, where you just show up to attack a poster and then disappear...don't do much for our discussion here.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:00 AM   #23109
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
You have 25 posts in this thread Randall...and they are all alike. Sniper attacks like the one you waged against Light in your prior post...without ever telling us in depth what you disagree with. You've done the same thing here with me.

You want to disagree with what we say here...fine. But do it while making some sort of statement of your own. These sniper attacks of yours, where you just show up to attack a poster and then disappear...don't do much for our discussion here.
I put up with a lot of nonsense from a number of people here at PA, same as you, but most of it is not of my doing, where yours is. That's the difference between us, though there's always been a mutual respect between us, you stir shit up, and I attempt to put an end to it......sniper style or whatever. You can have the last word of this conversation.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:06 AM   #23110
thaskalos

Quote:
I put up with a lot of nonsense from a number of people here at PA, same as you, but most of it is not of my doing, where yours is. That's the difference between us, though there's always been a mutual respect between us, you stir shit up, and I attempt to put an end to it......sniper style or whatever. You can have the last word of this conversation.
Remind me of a time when I "stirred shit up"...and you had to attempt to put an end to it.

Was this when I challenged a couple of "experts" here to a handicapping contest? It wasn't I who started that "shit"...and I proved that to you. As you say..."there is a time for PEACE...and a time for WAR".

Last edited by thaskalos; 02-07-2016 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:15 PM   #23111
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Unfortunately those born again Christians who believe they have God's grace and do not live a lifestyle of sin are only fooling themselves. And this is how they can justify all their anti God activities such as war and supporting war.
God Almighty himself supported war when Israel crossed over the Jordan to evict seven nations who had squatters' rights long before the Jews moved in.
There's even a long "clause" in Moses' "constitution" that instructs how wars are to be conducted. I guess there is such a thing as a just war.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:18 PM   #23112
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Man, you're so out of date. Even conservative Christians know that this is not armament. Two swords for twelve disciples? How do the other 10 defend themselves? With their sandals? Take your head out of the sand.
How do you know they didn't arm themselves after Jesus ascended into heaven? After all, 2 was enough while he was around, but what about afterwards?

Also, how can we be sure there was only two? Aren't you an anti-literalist?
Old 02-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #23113
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
God Almighty himself supported war when Israel crossed over the Jordan to evict seven nations who had squatters' rights long before the Jews moved in.
There's even a long "clause" in Moses' "constitution" that instructs how wars are to be conducted. I guess there is such a thing as a just war.
God Almighty had a fondness for stoning executions too, as I recall.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:24 PM   #23114
boxcar

Quote:
I suppose that would leave out chapter 20 of Deuteronomy as well, heh?
Old 02-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #23115
boxcar

Quote:
God Almighty had a fondness for stoning executions too, as I recall.
You mean sanctioning capital punishment in the Law of Moses? For your info, he sanctioned capital punishment long before the Law was given to the Jews.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: