Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:29 AM   #1
newtothegame

Dr Ben Carson to run????

Guy would definitely get my vote!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articl...41.html?page=1
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The GOP establishment won't even give him a look. They are going to snow plow right through him and everybody but Jeb
Old 01-23-2015, 08:57 AM   #3
newtothegame

Yeah that's always a concern, and I agree they will attempt to look past him. But, depending on how big of a movement gets behind him, you just never know.
Reagan came out of nowhere.....
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
He is not electable. He is opposed to gay marriage, he is a creationist who doesn't believe in evolution, he is in favor of a federal policy on end of life decisions, and he is flaky on gun control. He was in favor of gun registration, but has flip-flopped on that. But he still maintains that people in urban areas should not be allowed to own semi-auto weapons, only those in rural areas.

He apparently has some administrative experience in running a department in a large hospital, but no real executive or policy experience and no business experience. He has given no evidence one way or the other that he understands economics or foreign policy. I would not vote for him in a primary. I would vote for him as the lesser of two evils against any Democrat now in the running.

On the plus side, he is clean cut, articulate, and doesn't speak with a Negro dialect, so he can pull in some Dem votes from people like Harry Reid and Joe Biden.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #5
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
He is not electable. He is opposed to gay marriage, he is a creationist who doesn't believe in evolution, he is in favor of a federal policy on end of life decisions, and he is flaky on gun control. He was in favor of gun registration, but has flip-flopped on that. But he still maintains that people in urban areas should not be allowed to own semi-auto weapons, only those in rural areas.

He apparently has some administrative experience in running a department in a large hospital, but no real executive or policy experience and no business experience. He has given no evidence one way or the other that he understands economics or foreign policy. I would not vote for him in a primary. I would vote for him as the lesser of two evils against any Democrat now in the running.

On the plus side, he is clean cut, articulate, and doesn't speak with a Negro dialect, so he can pull in some Dem votes from people like Harry Reid and Joe Biden.
But does he smell nice, Dr. Clocker? Serious minds need to know. Do you suggest I call the Vice President's office?
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

And he is clean, and articulate.

That was all Obama needed.
Where is the "magic" now?
Old 01-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #7
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
But does he smell nice
I wouldn't know. Classifying black people on the basis of appearance and image is a Dem thing.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #8
Grits

Quote:

Apparently, you have extremely limited knowledge of Dr. Ben Carson. However, maybe you're well aware of the number of years one studies to become a neurosurgeon? The "some" administrative duties you speak so lightly of? They began, when, at age 33, he became the youngest physician ever to be named department head of a pediatric neurosurgical unit at one of the world's top medical centers--Johns Hopkins.

You actually believe the most renowned neurosurgeon in the world wouldn't possess any knowledge of economics or business? .... Maybe that's for only for Bush, Romney, Kerry, Cain, Palin, etc.

I learned of him in the 1980s, and bought his first book, Gifted Hands when it was released in the early 1990s. I've followed his career over the years as someone I know is a long time friend of his. They went through medical school together, and for years, still see one another at conferences, here in the U.S. and abroad.

I'm glad that you find him worthy as a lesser of two evils. How nice. You threw him a bone, huh?

What I find contemptible is that you're so supremely racist, so profoundly ignorant that you would write as you have in your last paragraph.

Quote:
"He is clean cut, articulate, he doesn't speak with a Negro dialect."
Its taken me time to write this as I don't know when, here at Pace Advantage, I've seen such a display of racism. How does one even try and respond to this stuff???

I'm floored by the magnitude of your stupidity. Floored by how deep one's convictions run. Hopefully, you come to realize that you've indicated far more about yourself than you have about Dr.Ben Carson.

I see others have posted since I began this reply. No wise remark, no quip, no comment that you could offer would make the pit you've dug any less shallow.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #9
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Apparently, you have extremely limited knowledge of Dr. Ben Carson. However, maybe you're well aware of the number of years one studies to become a neurosurgeon? The "some" administrative duties you speak so lightly of? They began, when, at age 33, he became the youngest physician ever to be named department head of a pediatric neurosurgical unit at one of the world's top medical centers--Johns Hopkins.

You actually believe the most renowned neurosurgeon in the world wouldn't possess any knowledge of economics or business? .... Maybe that's for only for Bush, Romney, Kerry, Cain, Palin, etc.

I learned of him in the 1980s, and bought his first book, Gifted Hands when it was released in the early 1990s. I've followed his career over the years as someone I know is a long time friend of his. They went through medical school together, and for years, still see one another at conferences, here in the U.S. and abroad.

I'm glad that you find him worthy as a lesser of two evils. How nice. You threw him a bone, huh?

What I find contemptible is that you're so supremely racist, so profoundly ignorant that you would write as you have in your last paragraph.

Its taken me time to write this as I don't know when, here at Pace Advantage, I've seen such a display of racism. How does one even try and respond to this stuff???

I'm floored by the magnitude of your stupidity. Floored by how deep one's convictions run. Hopefully, you come to realize that you've indicated far more about yourself than you have about Dr.Ben Carson.

I see others have posted since I began this reply. No wise remark, no quip, no comment that you could offer would make the pit you've dug any less shallow.
He was mocking Harry Reid, not Dr. Carson. I think you missed the ironic tone of his post.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #10
Clocker

Quote:

I was being sarcastic. Those comments about clean cut and not speaking in a Negro dialect were the well known words of Harry Reid and Joe Biden describing Obama. They have been posted and mocked here many times. I just assumed that anyone interested in politics was familiar with them.

If you read the other responses here, everyone else got the joke.

Last edited by Clocker; 01-23-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Clocker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2015, 03:01 PM   #11
Grits

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. Those comments about clean cut and not speaking in a Negro dialect were the well known words of Harry Reid and Joe Biden describing Obama. They have been posted and mocked here many time. I just assumed that anyone interested in politics was familiar with them.
There were only a couple of more posts, but I apologize to you, Clocker. Which I hope you accept. If not, its ok, I'll understand. I involved the wrong man--you, not Mr.Reid. I wonder if Mr.Reid has recovered from his fall from his treadmill? Maybe, maybe not. He needs to retire. Old goat.

I don't rip apart, live and breathe politics as you gentlemen do. I make my decisions, vote and roll with the consequences. As well, I'm not tuned to any one news channel 24-7, though, I did watch Dr.Carson a couple of nights ago. Again, I'm sorry. I didn't get the sarcasm or the joke.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:14 PM   #12
Clocker

Quote:
There were only a couple of more posts, but I apologize to you, Clocker. Which I hope you accept.
No problem. I know you are not one of the usual suspects among the political junkies down here in the lower levels of PA.

I have full respect for Carson's talents and achievements, but I see no evidence that those would translate into effectively running the government.

And from personal experience (and bias), I have found top surgeons to the the most rigid, uncompromising people I have known. He does not strike me as political person, especially not one who would enjoy the BS and horse trading it takes to be an effective president (e.g., LBJ, Reagan, Clinton)
Old 01-23-2015, 03:38 PM   #13
Grits

This isn't a lower level. Its simply a different level.

Think about it. The country's biggest scandal today? Not politics. Deflated footballs. That's a bit lower, you'd think. However, its not surprising giving our lust for sports and particularly the NFL. (...Brady, not so much.)

By the way---Duke plays St.John in NY at the garden Sunday afternoon. I hope Coach K gets his #1,000 career win. I know others don't, but I'm OK with that.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:35 PM   #14
BlueShoe

Quote:
This isn't a lower level. Its simply a different level.

Think about it. The country's biggest scandal today? Not politics. Deflated footballs. That's a bit lower, you'd think. Deflateagate. Pushes the death of the Saudi KIng, the coup in Yemen, Keystone Pipeline, and the brewing Republican revolt in Congress onto the back page.
By the way---Duke plays St.John in NY at the garden Sunday afternoon. I hope Coach K gets his #1,000 career win. I know others don't, but I'm OK with that.
Coach K a better fit checking footballs air pressure in Arizona. At least no doubts about his integrity or motivation.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:59 PM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
They'll never live down that nonsense, and I'm glad people like you keep shoving it in their faces to remind them...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply