Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
cosmo96

Taulbot Pace Calculator

I am considering the Taulbot Pace Calculator. I would appreciate any advise. I use a lot of angles and software. I've heard that this is a good program. I'm sure there are pros and cons. I am thankful for any and all advise.
cosmo96 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
atlasaxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo96
I am considering the Taulbot Pace Calculator. I would appreciate any advise. I use a lot of angles and software. I've heard that this is a good program. I'm sure there are pros and cons. I am thankful for any and all advise.
Cos, don't know if you followed my use of the Taulbot Pace Calc (software) during this past Sar meet. Here are my final results:

Final stats for Saratoga 2012

Today: 12 selections, $24 wagered, $29.00 returned, 2 winners
Total: 208 selections, $416 wagered, $456.70 returned, 28 winners

win % = 13%
ave win mutuel = $16.31
roi = + 9.78

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...06#post1333106

I've been using it since 2004 and love it. Data files from Brisnet cost $1 per card and I wish it created a fair/true odds line.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlasaxis

I've been using it since 2004 and love it. Data files from Brisnet cost $1 per card and I wish it created a fair/true odds line.
cj has an odds line tool on his website that is excel based. Perhaps you could take some output from Pace Calculator and input into this excel sheet to create an odds line? Just a thought. His website is www.pacefigures.com and the odds line tool is listed under tools at the top.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
atlasaxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG
cj has an odds line tool on his website that is excel based. Perhaps you could take some output from Pace Calculator and input into this excel sheet to create an odds line? Just a thought. His website is www.pacefigures.com and the odds line tool is listed under tools at the top.

Jim
Thanks Jim, much appreciated!

Tom
Old 09-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #5
ronestes

cj's pace figures

I can't see the tools feature on the website, mostly ads, where is it Thanks ron
ronestes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Look under tools.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronestes
I can't see the tools feature on the website, mostly ads, where is it Thanks ron
http://www.pacefigures.com/simulator.xls
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #8
teddy

I Would like to hear others input on its effectiveness.. what is the thought behind the figures it produces..
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
BIG HIT

Wink Ted

Bought software was not what expected.Thought would have angle like those in magazine and the pace figure with angle ' s were disappointing.But what ever work's for you is what really inportant.As they are helpers in handicapping you still are the decision maker.Good luck with what ever you decide hope helped
BIG HIT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
atlasaxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy
I Would like to hear others input on its effectiveness.. what is the thought behind the figures it produces..
Teddy did you read these two articles by Doc Sartin?

http://www.americanturf.com/pace/sartinarticle.cfm

http://www.americanturf.com/pace/sar...cle.cfm?page=2
Old 09-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
teddy

I will now... thanks... Just wondered if it came up with selections, figs or something to add to my numbers..
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #12
Hosshead
It's A Photo-Ying & Yang

Quote:
Cos, don't know if you followed my use of the Taulbot Pace Calc (software) during this past Sar meet. Here are my final results:

Final stats for Saratoga 2012

Today: 12 selections, $24 wagered, $29.00 returned, 2 winners
Total: 208 selections, $416 wagered, $456.70 returned, 28 winners

win % = 13%
ave win mutuel = $16.31
roi = + 9.78

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...06#post1333106

The key to using the old Taulbot (hand held /slide) calculator was in creating very accurate track variants.
Does the Talbout (Software) Pace Calculator use result charts to somehow come up with track variants ?
How does it figure the TV's ?
Hosshead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #13
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosshead
The key to using the old Taulbot (hand held /slide) calculator was in creating very accurate track variants.
Does the Talbout (Software) Pace Calculator use result charts to somehow come up with track variants ?
It does not use charts. It gets all of the info from the BRIS single file DRF files.

Raw Rating

This is the Raw 800 (Highlight Pace Time) rating, calculated using the BRIS speed rating from the DRF file. It is called Raw because it is just the 800 rating without the Angle Percentage Points added.

AP Points

These are the Angle Percentage Points (in the Pace Calculator Manual they are called Angle Percentage Values, but I thought the abbreviation "APV" may cause some confusion).

Raw+APP

This is a combined Raw 800 rating plus the Angle Percentage Points.

This is copied strait from the manual for the software version.

Copyright © 1998 Randy Kovach
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #14
atlasaxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosshead
Actually Hoss, that wasn't the key to the pace calc as the calc (manual or software) works very well independent of using the tv or amer-var daily variant. The software works on the same basis as the handheld making use of the highlight fractional time, the final time, and the speed rating and as Dartman said all this is derived from the Bris/DRF single data file.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #15
Hosshead
It's A Photo-Ying & Yang

Quote:
Actually Hoss, that wasn't the key to the pace calc as the calc (manual or software) works very well independent of using the tv or amer-var daily variant. The software works on the same basis as the handheld making use of the highlight fractional time, the final time, and the speed rating and as Dartman said all this is derived from the Bris/DRF single data file.
Thanks guys for the info on the software version.
I assume the Bris speed ratings already have the track variant in them.
I wish Bris had an "All Tracks Per Month" racefile package.

Actually I used the handheld model for many years and developed my own very accurate track variant method.
It took a lot of work each day, examining each race at each track, and I only did it with tracks in the west coast DRF chart recap edition.
But after coming up with a number from the highlight pace time-final time- and speed rating, ...It Was The Key to making the Taulbot Pace Calculator's "Final" Number far better than without it. It was like night and day.

I have fond memories of that old thing, and somewhere I still have it, cracked in spots and taped together .........
... from burning the midnight oil.
Hosshead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: