Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-16-2017, 08:26 AM   #31
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater View Post
Viewed in 20-20 hindsight, Pincus' advice to his clients to disregard the subpeona doesn't seem like the type of legal representation people pay money for, unless he feels that he has legal grounds for a countersuit, a highly unlikely proposition. Feigning ignorance about the charges doesn't play particularly well, either.
Interesting comment, and I completely agree that this attorney would jeopardize the careers of these individuals. That being said the attorney may be sending a message that if they produce the information requested in the subpoena it will end their careers.
Old 11-16-2017, 08:38 AM   #32
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99 View Post
Interesting comment, and I completely agree that this attorney would jeopardize the careers of these individuals. That being said the attorney may be sending a message that if they produce the information requested in the subpoena it will end their careers.
Isn't this lawyer salt in the wound, being paid by the HBPA. I'd be irritated if I was an honest trainer and I saw funds that could go towards better things being used to defend dishonest trainers.

If there's nothing to hide, turn over the records and clear your name.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #33
thaskalos

Are these shenanigans strictly a Pennsylvania phenomenon...or should we perhaps applaud Pennsylvania Racing for daring to air the dirty laundry that other racing jurisdictions prefer to keep a lid on?
Old 11-16-2017, 08:51 AM   #34
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Isn't this lawyer salt in the wound, being paid by the HBPA. I'd be irritated if I was an honest trainer and I saw funds that could go towards better things being used to defend dishonest trainers.

If there's nothing to hide, turn over the records and clear your name.
no question you are 100% right, however, we don't live in a perfect world and this is a step in the right direction.

these guys have taken over the purse disbursements all over the place and have taken the game down with it and Pennsylvania is a great place to start to get people back and interested in racing again.

if every place sat back and did nothing, the game would just die a slow death.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 10:19 AM   #35
reckless
Veteran

A major executive director in the PA horsemen's group was earlier a big shot lawyer in one of the smaller surrounding towns near Parx. He's been there in an executive capacity for ages.

When stable help had claims against a trainer --horse-related injury, no pay, etc.-- the stable help was specially told to see this guy. "He'd take care of you.' is a phrase I heard countless times if I heard it once.

What he did most often was to direct the hurt party to lawyer-friends outside the track, a conflict of interest of the worst kind. This is just one small example of how horrible the people running and representing Parx is.

The entire Parx PA horsemen's group is corrupt IMO and should be dissolved.

There needs to be a total and complete purging if racing is ever to survive at Parx.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #36
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Are these shenanigans strictly a Pennsylvania phenomenon...or should we perhaps applaud Pennsylvania Racing for daring to air the dirty laundry that other racing jurisdictions prefer to keep a lid on?
The 'shenanigans' that goes on at Parx are 'shenanigans' that has been going on for many decades. No hyperbole coming from me, I assure you.

Parx makes the Wash DC political swamp look like heaven on earth, thask.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 10:53 AM   #37
Elliott Sidewater

Quote:
No, PA deserves no extra credit. Too much has gone on for too long to simply forgive and forget because action is finally taking place at the tip of a pitchfork. At this point my only hope for the salvation of Parx would be the Stronach Group purchasing the track and cleaning house from top to bottom. I haven't set foot in the place since January, and this is umm, it's hard to even say it, "my home track". During that time I've seen more than one trainer who previously couldn't train a dog to eat meat suddenly rise to career high win percentages. If the horseplayer were a patient, Parx would be the bubonic plague.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #38
castaway01

Quote:
1) Definitely not strictly a PA phenomenon but more pronounced and obvious there because everyone is tempted by those huge slots purses. Check out their purse money sometimes, it's insane for the quality of horses.

2) I applaud that they've done something, but it's nothing to do with airing dirty laundry or trying to be cleaner. It was more that the crimes were so blatant that it had to happen eventually.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #39
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
no question you are 100% right, however, we don't live in a perfect world and this is a step in the right direction.

these guys have taken over the purse disbursements all over the place and have taken the game down with it and Pennsylvania is a great place to start to get people back and interested in racing again.

if every place sat back and did nothing, the game would just die a slow death.
I'd love for every track to crack down and crack down hard. However, it does seem that the powers-that-be only have spines when it comes to small fries. Have scores of horses drop dead for no apparent reason, or have several top performers in your barn all come down with intestinal issues one year and rare liver diseases another year, and the response is "Nothing to see here!"
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #40
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
After watching the 7th at Aquedrab today, I have no doubt this is NOT a Parx only problem.

Races are fixed everywhere.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #41
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater View Post
No, PA deserves no extra credit. Too much has gone on for too long to simply forgive and forget because action is finally taking place at the tip of a pitchfork. At this point my only hope for the salvation of Parx would be the Stronach Group purchasing the track and cleaning house from top to bottom. I haven't set foot in the place since January, and this is umm, it's hard to even say it, "my home track". During that time I've seen more than one trainer who previously couldn't train a dog to eat meat suddenly rise to career high win percentages. If the horseplayer were a patient, Parx would be the bubonic plague.
I'm sure you know if he did this Monmouth Park would be limited to a mini meet while the Parx track closes for three weeks in August or they would be put out of business.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #42
Not4Love
not4love

No doubt!

IN New York its done on the turf all the time. By the top riders!
Old 11-21-2017, 09:09 PM   #43
onefast99

M. Serey wins a 1st level allowance race with number Giant Trick at Parx today after getting the horse back from a 2 month layoff and previous trainer Francisco Machado and running an 80 plus beyer on 11-1-17 and today probably a beyer in the mid 80's to boot. Interesting to see how he got a horse from a previous trainer that was running mid to upper 50 beyers, maybe its me but this just looks a little funny!
Old 11-21-2017, 09:33 PM   #44
Franco Santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
"Four suspended Parx trainers denied stay,"

http://www.drf.com/news/four-suspend...rs-denied-stay

"Pincus had advised his clients not to comply with a subpoena issued in October seeking three years of training, racing, and banking records from the trainers. He said the commission was seeking the records in an investigation into possible hidden ownership and the use of program trainers at Parx.

The four trainers were issued indefinite suspensions. Two of the four, Marcos Zulueta and Juan Carlos Guerrero, are currently third and fifth in the Parx trainer standings. The other two are Silvio Martin and Joseph Taylor, according to Pincus."
Poor Pincus. Poor little Pincus.

Franco Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2017, 09:39 PM   #45
dlivery

Last Line shows improvement

Fractions: :22, :46, :591, 1:054 (:22.15, :46.09, :59.37, 1:05.87) winner

11Nov17Prx® 6f ft :22¨ :45¨ :57« 1:10© Alw25000s ¨drove clear

Last Performance line 5 3 2 2¨ 2² 1¨

I guess the last line shows more improvement to come
dlivery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: