Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:03 PM   #856
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Good news and bad news. The bad news is that the Average Purse value doesn't show up right in the display. The number that shows up is suppose to represent purse in Thousands. But there is some glitch and I am looking at it now. But the numbers are right and the rankings they generate should be right.

That being said, I did a lengthy study of the APV factor I am not sold on it's effectiveness. Use it if you want, just understand for now the display will not be correct.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 06:17 PM   #857
Longshot6977

Handi, instead of rebuilding many current analysts (and avoiding mistakes) into Ver 10, what current file names in our temphandi folder can we simply copy into c:/handifiles folder?

By the way, pace pressure and consensus look good so far.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 03:31 AM   #858
Handiman
BarelyWinning

I'm sorry but it won't work because the files are not constructed the same. The new analysts will be attached to a folder or folders you create. Now all the analysts sit in one file and belong to just one folder. This is why I have made it so ver 10 will not, or should not do away with your present analysts.

Handi
Old 09-27-2017, 12:02 PM   #859
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman View Post
Found a damn glitch in the program and fixed it. If you downloaded the files already I am terribly sorry, but you will need to re-download and install again.

Again I am so sorry.

Handi
Are the files in that post good or is another revision coming? I like to put them in the first post in this thread....let me know.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #860
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Hold off PA. Looking at it today. It's a display problem. Nothing wrong with the program and how it works, it's just one factor does not display correctly and so it gives off the appearance that the factor isn't working right when in fact it does.

Thanks
Handi
Old 10-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #861
ICR

Handifast 10 crashes when trying to load files

Hi all,

Downloaded Handifast 10 and followed instructions from the pdf manual exactly... all works fine until I go to File... Import Race files... then it crashes with a list of error messages ... what's wrong... running Win 7 64 bit system....

Saw something about a missing dll file (Is32.dll) however when I try to extract it from the zip or try to copy it to the folder it doesn't copy or extract for some reason ...it just doesn't .... tried it 10x times.... anyway any advice ... thanks in advance
ICR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2017, 12:58 PM   #862
mikesal57
Veteran

do you have the 2 zip files in a folder named hanifiles on C: drive?
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2Files ver 10(1).zip (310 Bytes, 101 views)
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2017, 02:03 PM   #863
ICR

Thanks ...Actually got it running... btw that file is NOT in that zipped files

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion ... but yes I have those files... the missing Isfile32.dll is not in there....

Got it running my searching for that dll in those zipped files and then using my anti-virus software to mark it safe... that's why I wasn't able to get to copy or unzip ... it thought that file for whatever reason was a "virus" go figure....

So long story short... got it running... again thanks for the suggestion ...

What I could use however is some pointers on what values to assign to what factors .... that is where I'm just "winging it" ....

Again, any help on that would be greatly appreciated... thanks
Old 10-07-2017, 02:12 PM   #864
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICR View Post
Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion ... but yes I have those files... the missing Isfile32.dll is not in there....

Got it running my searching for that dll in those zipped files and then using my anti-virus software to mark it safe... that's why I wasn't able to get to copy or unzip ... it thought that file for whatever reason was a "virus" go figure....

What I could use however is some pointers on what values to assign to what factors .... that is where I'm just "winging it" ....

ASSIGNING WEIGHTS...

That is something that YOU have to determine....
Handi created a Batch Processor program to combine HF Data and results into a CSV file...then the game begins

Good Luck...

Last edited by mikesal57; 10-07-2017 at 02:16 PM.
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2017, 02:19 PM   #865
ICR

Again thanks !

Mike,

Again, Thanks for the advice... will play around with it and see what I get !
Old 10-07-2017, 08:09 PM   #866
Longshot6977

Quote:
Mike,

ICR- You need to track what Handifast factors are winning at your track by using the Batch processor in conjunction with the Exotic results file (.XRD extension) These are .25c per track/day at Brisnet. And use the corresponding single data files (.DRF file $1.00 /track/day).
But as a general guide, for sprints, assign a high weight to the EP and CL factors and for a route assign higher LP and CL and maybe higher trainer factor weights. Over time or after tracking races for a while, you will learn what factors win at your track or even at turf routes or turf sprints or dirt sprints or dirt routes. I made separate ones for maiden too.

Here is one I tinkered with at Monmouth and have good results early in the season (your results may vary):
Dirt Sprint
Class=200
EP=250
Turf=250 hey, it's a working factor so far
trainer=150
Jockey=250
Speed 2 back=100
Last speed=150
Power/speed Combo=100
Mitchell power=200

Good luck!
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2017, 08:56 PM   #867
ICR

THANKS !!!!

Longshot

THANK YOU !!!

Will try some of your suggestions .... Again thanks and hoping you have many trips to the window for a SIGNER !
Old 10-10-2017, 08:18 PM   #868
ICR

Version 10 is GREAT !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman View Post
I should have been a shoe cobbler or an elf in Santa's workshop, cause I am a born tinkerer.

I am working on Handifast Version 10. Here is what is happening.

Bug fixes.... Done by Mike Dorn. Thanks Mike so much for your hard work.

What'll be new.

1. Widened the analyst's combobox so longer analyst's names can be seen better.

2. Adding ability to get a consensus report combining up to 4 analysts.

3. Adding ability to create as many folders as you want to hold your analysts. So you could actually create a folder for every track you play and put analysts you create for that track in that folder to make them easier to access without having to deal with one long list of analysts. Man what a long sentence...

4. Develop a Pace Pressure gauge that will show for each race handicapped.

5. ??? Depending on suggestions.

That's where things stand for now.

Handi

Handi just a question ... Was the combobox indeed widened ? ...While it will show as many analyst as I create ... The issue is if I name it say ... "Del-Dirt-Sprints- 5f-6.5f "it really doesn't show the full name ...it will leave off anything after "Spr" ... The box seems NOT that wide

Consensus is great... Pace guage is great as is the fact that you can add as many folders ... Your work on this is greatly appreciated ... Only issue ... That combobox

Thanks much
ICR
Old 10-11-2017, 12:05 AM   #869
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Combo box is a lot wider than before but was limited with space. Very sorry. Glad you like the other stuff though.

Handi
Old 10-11-2017, 07:21 PM   #870
mmdorn

Combo Box

Quote:
Handi just a question ... Was the combobox indeed widened ? ...While it will show as many analyst as I create ... The issue is if I name it say ... "Del-Dirt-Sprints- 5f-6.5f "it really doesn't show the full name ...it will leave off anything after "Spr" ... The box seems NOT that wide

Consensus is great... Pace guage is great as is the fact that you can add as many folders ... Your work on this is greatly appreciated ... Only issue ... That combobox

Thanks much
ICR
ICR

I used your name example, and some other names longer than yours, and I can see the full name of all of them in the combo box.

Mike
mmdorn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: