Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:37 AM   #826
Handiman
BarelyWinning

That may be a tough one. But I will see what I can do.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2017, 03:55 PM   #827
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Bris corrected Batch Processor

I am going to try what PA said and attach the corrected version of the Batch Processor in this post.

I Downloaded Bris files today and ran the Del Mar files from yesterday and it worked. I discovered that the XRD Bris file is 127 fields long and not 124.

Handi
Attached Files
File Type: zip HandiSearch.zip (1.28 MB, 76 views)

Last edited by Handiman; 07-30-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:50 PM   #828
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

After the software is downloaded how do you get it to work?
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2017, 07:39 PM   #829
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Speed,
Unzip it in it's own folder and then read the instruction PDF. It will walk you through it. Make sure you have C:/temphandi Because it writes the csv file to the temphandi folder.

Handi
Old 07-30-2017, 10:47 PM   #830
chuckster1968

Hi Handi, I just deleted it off of my system and decided to start over. I do not have excel on my labtop as I just use google docs. Is this a problem? I am not a programmer or software expert but love the use of of labtop for handicapping. So any chance of explaining to a laymen in terms of what I need as I have experimented with Bris files, Equibase Files, Post Time Daily, BetMix etc.
chuckster1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2017, 10:56 AM   #831
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Speed,

I'm sorry I may have been a little confused a bit. Which program are you talking about? If it's Handisearch then do as I said, cause it has a nice PDF walking you through it. If you are talking about Handifast, then I will try and find the instructions for that. If not I will walk you through it.

Handi
Old 07-31-2017, 11:00 AM   #832
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Hey Chuck,

Which Program are we talking about? I forgot. I have been talking to so many people I get a little lost.

I use my laptop exclusively. So I'm pretty sure we can get you up and running.

Let me know and I'll figure out what we need to do.

Handi
Old 08-01-2017, 01:44 PM   #833
chuckster1968

Handi, I have HP laptop. I have google docs with excel. But I have tried a bit of everything. I have tried Post Time Daily, i.e. The Master Magician. Brisnet pps. with the Brisnet pp generator, drf online and equibase, Betmix.. etc. I am trying to figure out how to incorporate my own numbers based on the basics of numbers already generated by so many others. I saw your data handifast and thought why not. So basically I tried to download off of your file but when I tried to open it told me O/S specify a drive. I believe I have no brain sometimes to computer language itself. So when reading the form topic I found it quite interesting how you were able to play with numbers allowing a number to set, particularly on an odds line etc. So. I would like to know step by step how I can download this and get it running and what pps. I can use to actually to extract into your program. I do not have a lot of money but I maybe be able to offer some advice in terms of helping it somehow or at least try. I look forward to your response.

Chuck
chuckster1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #834
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster1968 View Post
Handi, I have HP laptop. I have google docs with excel. But I have tried a bit of everything. I have tried Post Time Daily, i.e. The Master Magician. Brisnet pps. with the Brisnet pp generator, drf online and equibase, Betmix.. etc. I am trying to figure out how to incorporate my own numbers based on the basics of numbers already generated by so many others. I saw your data handifast and thought why not. So basically I tried to download off of your file but when I tried to open it told me O/S specify a drive. I believe I have no brain sometimes to computer language itself. So when reading the form topic I found it quite interesting how you were able to play with numbers allowing a number to set, particularly on an odds line etc. So. I would like to know step by step how I can download this and get it running and what pps. I can use to actually to extract into your program. I do not have a lot of money but I maybe be able to offer some advice in terms of helping it somehow or at least try. I look forward to your response.

Chuck
Chuck..

I'm figuring that you want to install the Handifast program itself....

Start first by creating a new folder on your hard drive named temphandi

Next , install the 3 files in post # 782

Then create a Desktop shortcut from file handifast9.5.1.exe

Click shortcut .....load a data file and away you go...

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #835
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Chuck,

I would hold off. Version 10 should be out in a week and will be a significant upgrade with the bug fixes and the new additions. A user instruction PDF will accompany the release.

Handi
Old 08-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #836
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Due to trying to make Handifast a more effective program, it is taking longer to release version 10. Still have some significant work to do and I'm on vacation and not getting much time to work on it. Still another 2 weeks before I get back home. So going to be a while till it's ready.

Handi
Old 08-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #837
mikesal57
Veteran

enjoy your vacation...cause you'll need it when your back
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #838
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman View Post
Due to trying to make Handifast a more effective program, it is taking longer to release version 10. Still have some significant work to do and I'm on vacation and not getting much time to work on it. Still another 2 weeks before I get back home. So going to be a while till it's ready.

Handi
Thanks for the update. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 10:25 PM   #839
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Thanks guys....
Old 09-12-2017, 01:29 AM   #840
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Going to handicap yesterday's Belmont card with Handifast version 10. We'll see how things go. I played Monmouth live yesterday and did ok, but only had 2 Dirt analysts to use. I created 2 Turf analysts today. I just have a couple of tweaks left and I think I could have Version 10 ready to release the first of next week.

I will run the Belmont card and then post how it went so you can see. If we tank we tank...LOL

Handi

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: