Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-22-2017, 11:57 AM   #16
Elliott Sidewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
A President can be impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors. So what are high crimes and misdemeanors? The Constitution is not clear. I think President Ford said they were anything the House of Representatives said they were. Perhaps "picking his feet in Poughkeepsie." A President might be impeached for crimes committed as a civilian prior to holding office if the crime were discovered after assuming office.
I think it was "Did you pick your nose in Poughkeepsie?", uttered by Detective Popeye Doyle in The French Connection. Personally I think that with his riches, Trump would have already been liable for any sexual harassment crimes committed years before he took office. Therefore, I believe that either a) none occurred or b) victims were bought off and went away. b) is the real "Art of the Deal".
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #17
reckless
Veteran

We'll get to debate Donald Trump next year once the string is run out on all these despicable, rapists, sex deviant, women-hating liberals and Democrats.

All this really is and has been is a ploy to achieve two things:

(1) to purge the Democrat Party of Hillary Clinton by throwing Bill under the bus, and destroying the 'Clinton' brand beyond repair and out of the party's hair forever; and,

(2) to set the stage to use all this phony soul searching and public mea culpas parroted by these same disingenuous liberals and Democrats. These dolts believe this will give them an opportunity and a pass to go after and damage Trump in the 2018 elections right thru to the 2020 re-election campaign, claiming 'similar' past bad sexual conduct by him against women.

The problem for Democrats is, it won't work, not because Trump is teflon or even the President, but because these allegations have already been proven to be lies.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Who's gonna fire Trump? The congressmen are even BIGGER philanderers than Trump is...and they are doing it at WORK, on the taxpayer's dime.
If you want to look slender, hang out with fat people
If you want to look honest, hang out with crooks.
If you want to look moral, hang out with perverts.

Trump has it covered.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #19
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
We'll get to debate Donald Trump next year once the string is run out on all these despicable, rapists, sex deviant, women-hating liberals and Democrats.

All this really is and has been is a ploy to achieve two things:

(1) to purge the Democrat Party of Hillary Clinton by throwing Bill under the bus, and destroying the 'Clinton' brand beyond repair and out of the party's hair forever; and,

(2) to set the stage to use all this phony soul searching and public mea culpas parroted by these same disingenuous liberals and Democrats. These dolts believe this will give them an opportunity and a pass to go after and damage Trump in the 2018 elections right thru to the 2020 re-election campaign, claiming 'similar' past bad sexual conduct by him against women.

The problem for Democrats is, it won't work, not because Trump is teflon or even the President, but because these allegations have already been proven to be lies.
I don't believe for a second that this was some kind of democratic ploy. What this was is social media used as a powerful weapon for women who all decided to speak out after Harvey Weinstein surfaced. It's OK. This has more positives to it in the negatives. The powerful and wealthy will think twice before using that power over women for sex in the future. There will still be cat calls, however, from construction workers.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2017, 04:48 PM   #20
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater View Post
I think it was "Did you pick your nose in Poughkeepsie?", uttered by Detective Popeye Doyle in The French Connection. Personally I think that with his riches, Trump would have already been liable for any sexual harassment crimes committed years before he took office. Therefore, I believe that either a) none occurred or b) victims were bought off and went away. b) is the real "Art of the Deal".
Video of the scene. It was "picking your feet."

HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2017, 10:40 PM   #21
Elliott Sidewater

I stand corrected, thanks for digging out the video. It was Jerry Seinfeld who picked (or maybe didn't pick) his nose in New York City. This is how you get things mixed up in old age
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2017, 01:35 AM   #22
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater View Post
Your post being the more interesting one makes it the easy entree point into this mess. For starters many of these politicians might see each other at the whore house and exchange greetings with each other and comment that they have never seen the Donald there. That is because the man never really had to look for a piece of ass, but he did look for exotic women to marry who would produce sons and healthy children. Had his first wife only produced females she would have never got so much money. Poor Marla Maples got practically nothing right? I am not saying his logic was right, but who can fault a guy who knows what he wants and has the focus to get it better than the next guy. Some people were raised to be high performance, and the ones that got that in turn raise their kids to also be high performance. Laser focus is a trait such can be attributed as normal for them, concord level focus will enable them to lose it all and recapture even larger fortunes then they lost previously. Don't make the mistake to lump President Donald J Trump in with the inbreed of moron's you hear on the news today.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2017, 07:07 PM   #23
chadk66

If you struggle with how Teflon works call Hillary
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2017, 04:10 PM   #24
buzzy

chrisl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls
Charlie Rose just got FIRED a DAY after eight women accused him.
How come he got sent down the road so fast?
How do some men, like the Donald, have "the teflon touch" while others, like Charlie Rose, don't?
This is what I'm wondering.
It doesn't make sense.

Keep drinking that kool aid Burls..WTF...Get a grip

you're point? ...this isn't a right or left issue.. it's right or wrong. I believe the victims ...from cosby to franken ,anita hill was the the poster child for victims to keep quiethttp://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/anita-hill-her-regrets
as for trump... I believe the victims
buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2017, 04:41 PM   #25
buzzy

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/anita-hill-her-regrets
buzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2017, 07:03 PM   #26
Ocala Mike

[QUOTE=fast4522;2244461]

Had his first wife only produced females she would have never got so much money.

fast, are you being sarcastic here (I hope)? If not, that is a rather archaic view as, biologically speaking, it is the male that determines the sex of the offspring (y chromosome in the sperm and all that).

Do people still blame women for not "giving them" male heirs?
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2017, 05:01 AM   #27
fast4522

[quote=Ocala Mike;2245222]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post

Had his first wife only produced females she would have never got so much money.

fast, are you being sarcastic here (I hope)? If not, that is a rather archaic view as, biologically speaking, it is the male that determines the sex of the offspring (y chromosome in the sperm and all that).

Do people still blame women for not "giving them" male heirs?
Mike, just stating the facts without how I personally carry myself. The point is we are all geared differently, and suggesting the man is of another realm. He talks to the average Joe on the drop of a hat, meaning always been willing to. But the truth is the guy has always been interested in knowing what his workers thought about things, so not in the clouds and is able to connect. Bouncing back to your original response it is clear who got and who did not right? I am suggesting instead of just going after skirts, he chased the kind of stock that you put a ring on.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply