Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #151
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Dude, you're menstruating.
You know, Stinky put me on ignore because I told him he was menstruating. Now you're stealing my line. Only I told him to put a tampon in and take a midol so he would feel better.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #152
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
You know, Stinky put me on ignore because I told him he was menstruating. Now you're stealing my line. Only I told him to put a tampon in and take a midol so he would feel better.
Big difference there. I never used 'in' - That's a biggie.

Look, ls, I can appreciate the sensitivity of the topic but the only reason that person slid those stats in there (and they are facts) is to point out that the story has been ALL ABOUT race, and violence, and killing.

With the OVERBLOWN coverage, people wondered why some cases get national coverage and others don't.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #153
boxcar

Quote:
Are you equally outraged by the New Black Panther Party distributing Wanted: Dead or Alive posters for Zimmerman?
BINGO! The even better question is: IS ANYONE!? Where is the moral outrage of the lamestream media for that kind of response from this black organization? There is none. It's perfectly acceptable because as someone once said (I think it was Jackson, but could be wrong) that Whites cannot be victims!

Further, for those of us who are outraged at such uncivilized, barbaric, primitive anti-social reactions, we also have to wonder in amazement what kind of image do these radical black groups (and individuals) think they project? Do they think this kind of hate-filled reaction and incendiary rhetoric projects a positive image to non-blacks? That it will help race relations? Are organizations like this and people like Sharpton, Jackson, etc. that dumb -- or do they really care about image? Maybe they don't care about image because they want to perpetuate a certain militant persona in order to continually ignite and spread the flames of hatred between the races? There are people, both Blacks and Whites, who don't want see peaceful relations in this society. And the Blacks, thanks to some really ill-conceived laws on the books, have a lot more at stake than Whites do in playing the race card, in milking Identity Politics for all its worth because as a minority Blacks are a "protected class" in this society. As such, they have a vested interest in perpetuating their role as Victims. They are always, always the victims. And until they can overcome this mentality, and politicians realize that you don't fight discrimination with downright stupid laws that promote it , then race tensions will always exists in this country.

Boxcar
Old 03-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #154
lsbets

Quote:
Big difference there. I never used 'in' - That's a biggie.

Look, ls, I can appreciate the sensitivity of the topic but the only reason that person slid those stats in there (and they are facts) is to point out that the story has been ALL ABOUT race, and violence, and killing.

With the OVERBLOWN coverage, people wondered why some cases get national coverage and others don't.
I understand what you are saying mack, but I think you are being naive. You don't go to sites like that to make a point about media coverage of a story.

I could be wrong, I hope I am and don just happened to innocently stumble across a white supremacist website while looking to make a point on here. If I'm wrong I will apologize, but I don't think I am.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #155
boxcar

Quote:
Soon this kid will come to symbolize a national tragedy. Obama already hinted at that when he said that every American should examine himself.
I"m thinking that most Americans are preoccupied with more important things that impact their lives personally, such as fewer jobs, still high unemployment, horrendous housing market, high gas prices, etc., etc. But I could be wrong...

Boxcar
Old 03-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #156
Mike at A+
Software Developer

On Facebook ...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg travon.jpg (51.0 KB, 60 views)
Mike at A+ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #157
bigmack

Quote:
I understand what you are saying mack, but I think you are being naive. You don't go to sites like that to make a point about media coverage of a story..
Just a matter of Google. You know me, I looked at stats when this 'race' story first took shape. That just happens to be a comprehensive listing of black on white deaths. I'm sure that poster just Googled, grabbed the link and posted it for a matter of edification.

I don't think he's wearing an SS uniform printing up anti-Semitic fliers for his next basement meeting.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #158
boxcar

Quote:
I understand what you are saying mack, but I think you are being naive. You don't go to sites like that to make a point about media coverage of a story.

I could be wrong, I hope I am and don just happened to innocently stumble across a white supremacist website while looking to make a point on here. If I'm wrong I will apologize, but I don't think I am.
I disagree! To highlight absurd behavior, one can often employ effectively even more absurd actions to accentuate the absurdity of the first.

What is disturbing to me is that you cannot see or appreciate the striking parallels between MM reporting of these race-related crimes and the website's stories about black-on-white crimes.

Boxcar
Old 03-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #159
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Ah, well all is well now. The Obama Re-election Committee has taken up the issue....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ns-killer.html

Quote:
At a protest in Sanford, near Orlando, where the killing took place, Mikhail Muhammad, leader of the New Black Panthers, announced a reward for his apprehension. Asked whether he was inciting violence, Mr Muhammad said: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."
Here's my question.....will the Racist N Chief publicly comment on this statement, or let it slide, seeing how it come from his polling police?
Old 03-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #160
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Ah, well all is well now. The Obama Re-election Committee has taken up the issue....

Here's my question.....will the Racist N Chief publicly comment on this statement, or let it slide, seeing how it come from his polling police?
I'd like to know what point there is to "apprehending" a man that isn't accused of anything.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #161
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
I'd like to know what point there is to "apprehending" a man that isn't accused of anything.
Now, I've been to Sanford. And believe me, it's no metropolis. Things there probably move in three speeds -- slow, slower and slowest. But this is ridiculous. For all the horrible wrongs various participants in this thread have laid on the shoulders of Mr. Zimmerman, I find it remarkable (even for Sanford) that, apparently, not even the DA in the county finds there's a strong enough case to press charges one month after the incident.

Now, if I were president of the U.S. of A., I'd show my disdain for the Great racist State of Florida by boycotting the state and removing my name from the state ballot.

Boxcar
Old 03-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #162
Mike at A+
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom

Mikhail should be arrested and charged with making terroristic threats. Of course, 0bama and Holder would only agree to that if Mikhail turns out to be white.
Mike at A+ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #163
newtothegame

Quote:

So what does that make me LS? Way back early on in this thread, I made the same point which was trying to be made recently. Where was the national outrage when a WHITE (dare I say it) man was killed, IN RONT OF HIS TWO SONS AT THEIR BUS STOP, by a young BLACK (oops there I go again) 17 year old trying to car jack a lady?
Where was Sharpton then? Main stream media?? This happens DAILY and not a damn word is said to the extent of this case.
Now, a young black man is killed, which again is a tragedy and I feel for his parents, but I am supposed to hear the cries for retaliation all day long from black wanna be leaders???
And, when the HYPOCRISY is shown (even if it was from a racist site) you IGNORE THE HYPOCRISY and attack the guy because of where the story came from versus the actual story????
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #164
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
So what does that make me LS? Way back early on in this thread, I made the same point which was trying to be made recently. Where was the national outrage when a WHITE (dare I say it) man was killed, IN RONT OF HIS TWO SONS AT THEIR BUS STOP, by a young BLACK (oops there I go again) 17 year old trying to car jack a lady?
Where was Sharpton then? Main stream media?? This happens DAILY and not a damn word is said to the extent of this case.
Now, a young black man is killed, which again is a tragedy and I feel for his parents, but I am supposed to hear the cries for retaliation all day long from black wanna be leaders???
And, when the HYPOCRISY is shown (even if it was from a racist site) you IGNORE THE HYPOCRISY and attack the guy because of where the story came from versus the actual story????
The outcry is over the lack of investigation. From all reports it seems the police were very "ho-hum" about what happened the day of the shooting.

As far as this thread its so far off of the reservation its crazy.

What happened is a adult man ignored authorities and with a gun went out in a spat of vigilantism and now a 17 year old kid is dead.

There should be some outcry.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #165
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
I agree with everything elyssian wrote in response to your post.

If someone is going to link to a site like that, I'm going to call them out. You didn't , so I didn't respond, but your response was one of the ones that made me sense an undercurrent that I was not comfortable with. When a kid is dead for no seeming good reason, to deflect attention to others being killed seems nonsensical at best to me.

A 17 year old kid is dead because someone decided to play vigilante justice. The ones on both sides who want to make it an issue of race are wrong.