Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-23-2022, 10:48 PM   #1
Stevecsd2

Bills - Chiefs Game

What a game! Just incredible play on both sides. There were 3 scores in about the last 2:30 of the game.

All of the playoff games have been within one score, 3 of them by a field goal in the last few seconds.

I don't envy Cincinnati playing the Chiefs next weekend.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2022, 11:11 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

The Bills coaching staff completely botched the end game. I have no idea how professional coaches could come up with such horrible strategy. There is no way a team should be able to score with 13 seconds left when you are about to kick off.

1) Don't kick it in the end zone
2) Don't rush anyone, or max one that acts as a spy
3) Just tackle the receivers off the line of scrimmage (5 yards, big deal)
4) Stop guarding the sidelines, they had timeouts left

Probably a lot more, but those were the obvious ones.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2022, 11:14 PM   #3
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The Bills coaching staff completely botched the end game. I have no idea how professional coaches could come up with such horrible strategy. There is no way a team should be able to score with 13 seconds left when you are about to kick off.

It would be hard to argue any of the 4 points you made above, cj. It was surreal to watch.
Old 01-23-2022, 11:21 PM   #4
Fred Mertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
There were 3 scores in about the last 2:30 of the game.

Unless I was drunk again, there were 24 pts scored in the last 1:52 of regulation - 4 scores. Crazy finish then to OT.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2022, 01:12 AM   #5
BIG RED
Son O'War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Mertz View Post
Unless I was drunk again, there were 24 pts scored in the last 1:52 of regulation - 4 scores. Crazy finish then to OT.
You are correct Sir....I had a great time watching the game
Old 01-24-2022, 07:41 AM   #6
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:

They even mentioned kicking on the ground before the kick....

No team left has a chance to beat them....
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2022, 08:42 AM   #7
burnsy
self medicated

Being a Bills fan is a tough go. I drive 4.5 hours on Saturday from Saratoga to get out there. Now that I’m older it’s only twice a year . My friend has been a season ticket 🎟 holder since 1990 . We divi up tickets and he sells the rest in the exchange. I have lived and died for this team over a 30 plus year span. The fans are incredibly loyal and it’s the atmosphere that sucked me in . But we are the Charlie Browns of football 🏈 even when the team is great the ball gets pulled away at the last second. This wasn’t as bad as the infamous Tennessee debacle but CJ posted an accurate depiction of how it went wrong. They were so caught up in being careful and celebrating the win…….. yet another one gets away. Of course, God willing, my ass will be out there next year, rooting for my beloved Buffalo 🦬 Bills. The small market, blue collar team , that wish it could. Seriously, I hope I see one championship before I’m gone.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2022, 08:48 AM   #8
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Being a Bills fan is a tough go. I drive 4.5 hours on Saturday from Saratoga to get out there. Now that I’m older it’s only twice a year . My friend has been a season ticket 🎟 holder since 1990 . We divi up tickets and he sells the rest in the exchange. I have lived and died for this team over a 30 plus year span. The fans are incredibly loyal and it’s the atmosphere that sucked me in . But we are the Charlie Browns of football 🏈 even when the team is great the ball gets pulled away at the last second. This wasn’t as bad as the infamous Tennessee debacle but CJ posted an accurate depiction of how it went wrong. They were so caught up in being careful and celebrating the win…….. yet another one gets away. Of course, God willing, my ass will be out there next year, rooting for my beloved Buffalo 🦬 Bills. The small market, blue collar team , that wish it could. Seriously, I hope I see one championship before I’m gone.
I've been saying that about the Jets....
Old 01-24-2022, 08:49 AM   #9
pandy

Great game. The Bills number 1 ranking as the top defense in the NFL was a bit phony, which is why I bet the Chiefs. Buffalo had a soft schedule and only faced three good offensive teams all season and in those three games they gave up 108 points. They didn't figure to be able to stall the Chief's explosive offense.

I bet the Chiefs -7 against the Bengals for next week's game and a money line parlay Chiefs-Rams. I'll see about teasers later in the week.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2022, 08:58 AM   #10
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Can this be deemed worse than the butt fumble ?

Old 01-24-2022, 09:17 AM   #11
sharkey11

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
tough one burnsy i was rooting for you and i lived in bost for a while
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2022, 09:30 AM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Mertz View Post
25, Bills made a 2 point PAT.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2022, 09:30 AM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The Bills were actually lucky to lose this one.
No doubt they wouls have beaten the Bengals and gone to the Super Bowl, and then everyone in Buffalo would have to reprogram their phone to their new area cose: 045.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:45 AM   #14
zico20

Quote:

Many were talking about a squib kick but if you do that you risk them grabbing the ball at their 35 or closer and instantly kneeling and not running off any clock anyway.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:20 AM   #15
Dave Schwartz

That was the GREATEST FINISH EVER!
Imagine THIS was the only 4 minutes I watched all year!

I've just not followed much sports this year. In fact, didn't watch a single football game.

Until this one... and specifically, the last 4 minutes.

Walking through the living room, Beth had turned on football and it was like 4:30 seconds left. When I saw the Bills were in it, decided to watch.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply