Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-07-2020, 09:16 AM   #106
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The sudden shut down right after this story broke is bad in that a lot of people will forget about it.

WE need to keep remind everyone how these suspect trainers are doing before and after.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #107
paulbenny

UPDATED POSITION ON THE SUSPECT TRAINERS

Every once in a while I get some energy to challenge and pursue the subject of trainers who are suspicious to me. Since 5/7 - nothing has been posted.

We now have Diodoro fined etc. My observations are not unique.

Why did Joseph run Math Wizard back in 6 days? For a small field purse, to just get a check. Well that is OK. He ran pretty poorly in the last two outs.

SJ is still very much in my mix of why is he succeeding -- can he be that much better? He got stalls at Saratoga this year, which is pretty unusual for him. They do not have a lot of horses on the grounds which may have helped that case.

He has declined a bit on his numbers. His Derby horse rough-ride rodeo style a bit I guess, because that is the only way he could make something happen, maybe.

Again, if he was really good, why isn't someone giving him a 300K 2 year old for that matter even less, although I do not have the details on his barn.

Broberg is still on the cannot believe list.

Norman Mckight has tailed off.

Thoughts are appreciated.
paulbenny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2020, 01:10 PM   #108
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbenny View Post
Every once in a while I get some energy to challenge and pursue the subject of trainers who are suspicious to me. Since 5/7 - nothing has been posted.

We now have Diodoro fined etc. My observations are not unique.

Why did Joseph run Math Wizard back in 6 days? For a small field purse, to just get a check. Well that is OK. He ran pretty poorly in the last two outs.

SJ is still very much in my mix of why is he succeeding -- can he be that much better? He got stalls at Saratoga this year, which is pretty unusual for him. They do not have a lot of horses on the grounds which may have helped that case.

He has declined a bit on his numbers. His Derby horse rough-ride rodeo style a bit I guess, because that is the only way he could make something happen, maybe.

Again, if he was really good, why isn't someone giving him a 300K 2 year old for that matter even less, although I do not have the details on his barn.

Broberg is still on the cannot believe list.

Norman Mckight has tailed off.

Thoughts are appreciated.
its not the trainers, its the vets. if you know the vet, you will have a good idea who is going to run well in the race without a racing form or any speed numbers.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2020, 10:14 PM   #109
paulbenny

VET VS TRAINERS

Well, maybe. However, even if it is the vet, the trainer must know the vet is doing something technically wrong so being complicit is wrong. I do not remember the details on Navarro, but he might be the best example of knowing the vet etc. Regardless of whether the trainer is doing it or not, lets assume the vet is. Do you think the whole team knows besides the trainer? For example, would Joseph have assistant trainers who also know the vet is doing something unethical? Certainly the trainer knows.

I still am very skeptical of Joseph.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:50 AM   #110
Appy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I didn't say she was speeding up, dirt racing doesn't work like that. But she wasn't tiring near as much as the others despite being under a drive for a long time. That seems to be a thing with most of these guys that win at very high rates.
It's something you also see from horses that gallop longer a lot more then they breeze.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:53 PM   #111
paulbenny

COULD YOU FURTHER EXPLAIN

I completely understand what CJ was saying. I am not clear on your comment Gallup vs Breeze.

Joseph and these others have horses that tend to decelerate on the dirt as quickly as others. 22 23 24 etc vs 22 23 and 2 24 and 3 as a simple example.

Remember Shancelot, I was working at Sar that day. I mean some of these other guys, it was pretty clear.

Joseph is sneaking in at KD and Sar and is not doing much relatively speaking.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:04 PM   #112
paulbenny

NEW INSIGHTS ON BROBERG/JOSEPH/MCKNIGHT

I do not have a rolling statistical average, but they all appear to have been on a win percentage downturn since the indictments. I obviously have no proof, and this is not anything incredibly insightful but pretty obvious. Where is McKnight lately, or for that matter look at SJ win percentage recently etc. Maybe they are just all colder at the same time? I see little change in Robertino Diodoro.
Old 05-04-2023, 08:13 PM   #113
big frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by big frank View Post
AGREED ! HE SEEMS TO BE A POSTER BOY FOR ILLEGAL DRUGS !
bye bye low life
big frank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: