Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 08-13-2020, 10:35 PM   #76
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
Used Honor AP (and Tiz) a lot.
I used Honor AP and Major Fed a lot.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2020, 02:38 AM   #77
jay68802

Quote:
Back on 7/27...

I'd flip Tiz and AP and also probably replace Sole with Dr. Post today. Enforceable is more of a hunch than any primary angle. Maybe a superfecta clunk up bomber candidate if given the right trip and pace. I'd put Major Fed at 6, Caracaro 7, ... then I don't know... Authentic? 8.
Sole Volante is much better than Dr, Post.

jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2020, 10:16 AM   #78
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
They have similar Equibase and Brisnet figures. When I'm splitting hairs, I will always take the Raise A Native over the Storm Cat. Nice six wide turn in the Belmont had didn't yield any additional ground to Tiz in final panel. He may have been victimized by so-so pace in Haskell. Sole's best run, in my opinion, was when he has Geroux up. I'd want Luca on my NBA dream team but not on my Derby dream team.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2020, 01:13 PM   #79
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
I'm jamming to that Peter Frampton

Quote:
They have similar Equibase and Brisnet figures. When I'm splitting hairs, I will always take the Raise A Native over the Storm Cat. Nice six wide turn in the Belmont had didn't yield any additional ground to Tiz in final panel. He may have been victimized by so-so pace in Haskell. Sole's best run, in my opinion, was when he has Geroux up. I'd want Luca on my NBA dream team but not on my Derby dream team.
Good 'matchup' for debate.

I don't know for sure, but I feel Dr Post is a solid horse.

He looked handsome in the Belmont paddock/parade. Reminded me some of his sire Quality Road. Really stood out.

Ran well, but clearly not competitive w/ Tiz the Law...

Haskell was a forward-favoring race. You had Authentic with Baffert pointing him hard to that race and going 'all-in'. You had NY Traffic run a huge race for Saffie.
And Dr Post lost any chance before the first turn had even been run, and then ran fine when asked.

I know Dr Post is a solid horse, but I know less about Sole Volante, to make a fair comparison.
Old 08-16-2020, 01:53 PM   #80
jay68802

Getting close to show time.

August 15, 2020

Honor A. P. (3-Year-Old Ridgling)

Date: August 15, 2020
Track: DEL MAR
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 59:40 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Old 08-18-2020, 08:01 AM   #81
clicknow

Quote:
I agree with this.

But horse was off after the BEL and did not work til end of July, like a month later.......then training on turf. (understand this, it is a bit kinder on body).
As I understand it he had a bit of a back injury or soreness or something. Biancone is admitting wishes he had not gone in that one. I normally toss horses who are going to race the KY Derby when they have major interruptions of their training, cuz never a good thing. I just like Sole so much that I'm going to wait for him to hit CDX and see what he's doing on the dirt there.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:10 AM   #82
clicknow

Did you guys see there's 0.10 supers? Not happy about that at all. I probably won't play any now, as I always do $1 supers esp. for races like this and not sure I want to knock myself out coming up with 4 horses if the payouts are going to be diluted.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:20 AM   #83
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Did you guys see there's 0.10 supers? Not happy about that at all. I probably won't play any now, as I always do $1 supers esp. for races like this and not sure I want to knock myself out coming up with 4 horses if the payouts are going to be diluted.
I'd think a lower buy in would yield a larger pool (in a normal year). Not sure the Derby will be as good of a wagering opportunity as usual given 80% of the patrons with dumb money can't be at the track. That, plus the chalk looks formidable in both Oaks and Derby.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:11 AM   #84
groupie doll

Quote:
Top 5 for the WIN (not exotic plays) as of 8/11/2020

--Major Fed
--Honor A.P.
--Art Collector
--Country Grammer
--Dr.Post

Left off Sole Volante but if he goes I will use. I believe that he may not, and has no race recency and is being trained on turf. Fitness would be a question here.

Guess I'm the only Major Fed fan so far, looking at people's lists?

I really liked Rushie but he is not TC nominated so they would have to pay to get him in. And pretty sure Swiss Skydiver and Storm the Court will give up their gate ticket as well.

So I will have to delve into the ones on the leaderboard who have not made the gate yet, as I am quite sure there will be several who don't keep their ticket.

And yes, TTL is not on my WIN list. At least not for now. He's a FREAK, so I have to go over him a lot more carefully in the coming weeks

I may have to do a write up on one of my guys, Major Fed. But I'm thrilled he is getting ignored.

I have Thousand Words down for a board hit.
After looking at the pace angle a few different ways I like Major Fed more. He needs to become a lot faster though overall. Same goes for Thousand Words, who I think has a better shot at the win.

I believe Rushie is under consideration for both Derby and Pat Day Mile; sounds like the mile race might be more likely.

Also, I quite probably may be missing something, but is Max Player the only potential runner with Buckpasser in the X?

I am also dropping Guillermo. I'll let him beat me here. I don't like that he hasn't raced since the ARK Derby, among other things
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2020, 12:01 PM   #85
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie doll View Post
After looking at the pace angle a few different ways I like Major Fed more. He needs to become a lot faster though overall. Same goes for Thousand Words, who I think has a better shot at the win.
I'm not keen on Guillermo either.

But I have to re-do my picks, since a number of them are already probably "off trail and I don't know about Dr. Post yet.

I'll keep Major Fed and Honor A.P. for now. Will have to find 3 more. Yes, Fed is slow. This probably isn't the race to be slow, but who knows. I am truly interested to know what Sole Volante is up to.

I really have to see these horses on the grounds at CDX. I was pretty high on Thousand Words earlier in the season, but starting to think he's a dud, but key is not letting that huge price tag and the "baffert factor" play into my decision. FWIW he hasn't run like his price tag yet. There was a moment in time I thought he could win this, not sure now, so I've relagated him to "board hit".

Last edited by clicknow; 08-20-2020 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2020, 12:18 PM   #86
groupie doll

Quote:
I am truly interested to know what Sole Volante is up to.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...ith-turf-drill
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2020, 04:13 PM   #87
Designed4Luck

1 Tiz The Law
2 Honor AP
3 Art Collector
4 Authentic
5 King Guillermo
Old 08-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #88
jay68802

August 22, 2020

Honor A. P. (3-Year-Old Ridgling)

Date: August 22, 2020
Track: DEL MAR
Distance: Five Furlongs
Time: 1.00:20 Handily
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Old 08-24-2020, 06:31 AM   #89
Sysonby

August 23, 2020
5 furlong breeze by Tiz The Law at Saratoga: 59.46.
Sysonby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2020, 07:36 AM   #90
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie doll View Post
Also, I quite probably may be missing something, but is Max Player the only potential runner with Buckpasser in the X?
Art Collector
Caracaro

Last edited by f2tornado; 08-24-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: