Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 08-11-2020, 02:57 PM   #61
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
not sure thats a ringing endorsement for his chances. If Rice was that high on him I am sure she could have been in Ky to oversee his training.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2020, 08:53 AM   #62
groupie doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
not sure thats a ringing endorsement for his chances. If Rice was that high on him I am sure she could have been in Ky to oversee his training.
It lowers my opinion of his chances somewhat, but not because he went to Asmussen. I agree with what you say about Rice's "opinion" of him and I read (from an unverified source, so prob not true) that she was not entirely happy with the way he exited the Travers and was not necessarily going to forge onto the Derby with him, but the owner wanted to go.

Regardless, this has happened before in the past and it usually is not met with immediate success. My aging brain could be failing though.

Maybe War Emblem is the last time a last minute barn switch produced a win?
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2020, 03:49 PM   #63
BarchCapper

Quote:
Based on her reputation (that Linda herself will also jokingly allude to on occasion), maybe the owners were afraid she would scratch the morning of the Derby in search of a better spot.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2020, 06:49 PM   #64
clicknow

Deja vu.

Helen Pitts conditioned Curlin and got him race-ready, and then horse went to Asmussen .
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #65
clicknow

Top 5 for the WIN (not exotic plays) as of 8/11/2020

--Major Fed
--Honor A.P.
--Art Collector
--Country Grammer
--Dr.Post

Left off Sole Volante but if he goes I will use. I believe that he may not, and has no race recency and is being trained on turf. Fitness would be a question here.

Guess I'm the only Major Fed fan so far, looking at people's lists?

I really liked Rushie but he is not TC nominated so they would have to pay to get him in. And pretty sure Swiss Skydiver and Storm the Court will give up their gate ticket as well.

So I will have to delve into the ones on the leaderboard who have not made the gate yet, as I am quite sure there will be several who don't keep their ticket.

And yes, TTL is not on my WIN list. At least not for now. He's a FREAK, so I have to go over him a lot more carefully in the coming weeks

I may have to do a write up on one of my guys, Major Fed. But I'm thrilled he is getting ignored.

I have Thousand Words down for a board hit.

Last edited by clicknow; 08-12-2020 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:22 PM   #66
clicknow

Did anyone else notice that Art Collector DQ back in Nov was for a positive test? You have to pull up the chart to see that.

Maybe Art Collector will bring it for this magnificent sire, but mostly I'm not a Bernadini fan for the KY Derby but do like for other classic races (Alpha, Stay Thirsty, Modernist, Greenpointcruisader, Takaful, etc. ) Cavorting was a wonderful filly.

Last edited by clicknow; 08-12-2020 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:40 PM   #67
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
--Major Fed
--Honor A.P.
--Art Collector
--Country Grammer
--Dr.Post

Guess I'm the only Major Fed fan so far, looking at people's lists?
I like your list. I'm a mild fan of Fed. Enough to use a little underneath in a couple of the future wager pools. I boxed him with a few in pool 4 and might have a stray win wager. Also used Dr. Post underneath in some. Art was included with the All Others in some of my bets. Used Honor AP (and Tiz) a lot.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2020, 01:11 AM   #68
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
I like your list. I'm a mild fan of Fed. Enough to use a little underneath in a couple of the future wager pools. I boxed him with a few in pool 4 and might have a stray win wager. Also used Dr. Post underneath in some. Art was included with the All Others in some of my bets. Used Honor AP (and Tiz) a lot.
If Rosario rides I will beat my head against the wall. He doens't get that horse at all. Race I liked was only 1-3/16th though.

The ones I went back and forth on was Authentic and Enforceable. Authentic won that match for me. I will have to think about my next Top 5 after some of the dust settles and I see who drops off the leaderboard.

Did you have a list? I must have missed it.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:07 AM   #69
clicknow

It sure would be NICE if the official KY Derby site would update their leaderboard to reflect the "no longer under consideration for Derby" .
I heard 3 so far off the leaderboard and several who were on the bubble waiting to get on also not going .
Old 08-13-2020, 09:50 AM   #70
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Well, the Arrogate comparisons were a bit silly.
The comparison was silly even before the Travers. I mean he beat just 3 horses at Los AL and faced 4 others in debut.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2020, 11:05 AM   #71
letswastemoney

Quote:
Did anyone else notice that Art Collector DQ back in Nov was for a positive test? You have to pull up the chart to see that.
It was for Joe Sharp though, who had multiple DQs.

Under Tom Drury, Art Collector has progressed. I think he has a good chance, and an even better one if it rains.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2020, 12:26 PM   #72
groupie doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post

Under Tom Drury, Art Collector has progressed. I think he has a good chance, and an even better one if it rains.
Didn't Sharp have a cohort that tested positive after they had been a "dewormer" or something? I think AC might have been part of that group.
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2020, 05:03 PM   #73
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie doll View Post
Didn't Sharp have a cohort that tested positive after they had been a "dewormer" or something? I think AC might have been part of that group.
Blood Horse article mentioning the Kentucky 3 (including Art Collector) that went along with the Fair Grounds 8 that tested positive for levamisole:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...for-levamisole

Blackberry Wine won a MSW at Oaklawn this season as one of the surest things in racing - he'd already crossed the finish line first two times!
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2020, 07:11 PM   #74
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post

TY, yes, sorry I did not mean to impinge Drury in any way. Would love to see him win.

I just want to say I really appreciate (and respect) and ENJOY those of you who post give your opinions and top considerations early, because i know you *own* them.

(W/in 3 days of the derby, I don't read anyone's picks, cuz that is when people "buy stuff" and it's always humorous to see the top talking heads name a longshot, then that longshot "suddenly" appears on everyone's list. ) I have no interest reading someone's purchased opinion.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:11 PM   #75
f2tornado

Quote:

Did you have a list? I must have missed it.
Back on 7/27...

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
1. Honor AP
2. Tiz the Law
3. Art Collector
4. Sole Volante
5. Enforceable
I'd flip Tiz and AP and also probably replace Sole with Dr. Post today. Enforceable is more of a hunch than any primary angle. Maybe a superfecta clunk up bomber candidate if given the right trip and pace. I'd put Major Fed at 6, Caracaro 7, ... then I don't know... Authentic? 8.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: