Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-13-2020, 05:53 PM   #16
chrisl

Can Harris Constitutionally become president? I have read some articles that she could not, if something happened to Biden. It would go to the speaker. Her parents were not citizens? I know the constitution does not matter anymore. There is about 20 interpretations of it. So my Q's is probably mute.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2020, 06:23 PM   #17
Marshall Bennett

Democrats will simply say the constitution is unconstitutional and racist.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2020, 06:28 PM   #18
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Each and every one of you.
You referring to KH's slave-owing ancestors? That gal needs to be cancelled, man!
Old 08-13-2020, 08:54 PM   #19
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
Can Harris Constitutionally become president? I have read some articles that she could not, if something happened to Biden. It would go to the speaker. Her parents were not citizens? I know the constitution does not matter anymore. There is about 20 interpretations of it. So my Q's is probably mute.
Actually, Kamala Harris WAS born in the US so YES, she can become president should something happen to sleepy Joe. Where her parents were born is not relevant due to her birth!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2020, 09:08 PM   #20
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Actually, Kamala Harris WAS born in the US so YES, she can become president should something happen to sleepy Joe. Where her parents were born is not relevant due to her birth!
That is what I believe is true. I did read a few articles that her parents were not citizens. So that made a difference on a elected or non elected? I am trying to find it. Post it if I do.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2020, 09:30 PM   #21
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
That is what I believe is true. I did read a few articles that her parents were not citizens. So that made a difference on a elected or non elected? I am trying to find it. Post it if I do.
Chris, I dont think anything to do with her parents matters. It's where SHE was born. Being born here makes her a legal US citizen if I am not mistaken. This also allows her to be president, if that were to come to fruition.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:47 PM   #22
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Chris, I dont think anything to do with her parents matters. It's where SHE was born. Being born here makes her a legal US citizen if I am not mistaken. This also allows her to be president, if that were to come to fruition.
Citizenship clause of the Fourteenth Amendment states
if you are born here,you are a citizen.Natural born citizens are eligible to run for President (and vice president)if they are 35 years old and have been residing in the country for fourteen years.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 08-13-2020 at 09:49 PM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2020, 10:33 PM   #23
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Citizenship clause of the Fourteenth Amendment states
if you are born here,you are a citizen.Natural born citizens are eligible to run for President (and vice president)if they are 35 years old and have been residing in the country for fourteen years.
governed.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:40 PM   #24
RunForTheRoses

RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #25
RunForTheRoses

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/08/...m-deweys-path/

This presented a problem. For in the first debate, Harris had charged Biden with colluding with segregationist senators in the ’70s to block the busing of school children for racial balance.

Harris introduced the toxic charge against Biden with this sweet upfront concession: “I don’t believe you are a racist.”

This Tuesday, Biden made a virtue out of necessity.

He chose Harris to run with him. And did so just one day after receiving a letter from 100 prominent Black men led by rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs and radio host Charlamagne tha God that read like an ultimatum.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2020, 05:07 PM   #26
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post

This presented a problem. For in the first debate, Harris had charged Biden with colluding with segregationist senators in the ’70s to block the busing of school children for racial balance.

Harris introduced the toxic charge against Biden with this sweet upfront concession: “I don’t believe you are a racist.”

He chose Harris to run with him. And did so just one day after receiving a letter from 100 prominent Black men led by rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs and radio host Charlamagne tha God that read like an ultimatum.
What a weak man Biden is!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2020, 06:20 PM   #27
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
What a weak man Biden is!
What a weak man Ronald Reagan was, when he choose George HW Bush to be his Vice President.

This after bush called reagoanomics, “voodoo econimics”

It actually takes backbone to make a pick like that.

Not a weak man.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2020, 06:23 PM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Biden STRONK....like BULL!
Old 08-14-2020, 06:27 PM   #29
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post

JFK and LBJ could barely stand being in the same room together.Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush had some unpleasant things to say about each other in the 1980 primaries. Obama and the Hill had differences("The 3:00 A.M. Call",if youse recall).Yet they all managed to survive and even thrive.

All these politicians know that what they say to each other in primary season is like kisses from their mother compared to what their opponents in the general election will say or the criticism they'll have to deal with if elected.

Naivete running rampant, folks!

EDIT: I see biggestal99 beat me to the punch with Reagan and Bush.Great minds thinking alike!

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 08-14-2020 at 06:29 PM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2020, 06:29 PM   #30
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
JFK and LBJ could barely stand being in the same room together.
That didn't work out too well for JFK, now did it?