Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
letswastemoney

My Derby Top 5 right now

1) Samraat - He had a nice, hard race in the Wood Memorial. I wouldn't pay too much attention to how fractions look at Aqueduct. The cold weather makes them look slow. What I saw in the Wood Memorial was a pace compromised effort where he or Social Inclusion probably ran the best race.

2) California Chrome - It's hard to fault his flawless season so far. His versatility will be the key, and it seems like the jockey can just push the button and let him fly.

3) Bayern - After seeing the clustered finish of the Rebel, and Hoppertunity's effort in the Santa Anita Derby, I expect Bayern to absolutely crush the field in the Arkansas Derby. It will not even be close.

4) Constitution - This is a smart horse, and the fact he can take dirt and still kick in is good. I'm not sure he's fast enough yet, but with one more step forward, maybe.

5) Wicked Strong - Well, he won the Wood Memorial. It may have been a pace aided effort, so I have to discount the win slightly. With that said, perhaps this colt simply hates Gulfstream and fares better at other tracks.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Wicked Strong looks to be peaking at the right time.
Depending on what fig he gets for the Wood, but I think he made a huge move ahead after tying his 2yo top 3rd off the bench. I am convinced 3yos can handle two successive big race - a huge move to a new top and a pair up or close to it, either way. Several others have now run two in a row and I will summarily dismissing them with no problem. I suspect several of the favorites will be on the out list.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Wicked Strong looks to be peaking at the right time.
Depending on what fig he gets for the Wood, but I think he made a huge move ahead after tying his 2yo top 3rd off the bench. I am convinced 3yos can handle two successive big race - a huge move to a new top and a pair up or close to it, either way. Several others have now run two in a row and I will summarily dismissing them with no problem. I suspect several of the favorites will be on the out list.
You must hate California Chrome's chances then. Two 107 Beyers in a row now is it?
Old 04-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

He will not on any of my tickets at this point.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
horses4courses

I'm telling you.....it's another classic East/West ball buster.

Rachel/Zeny all over again....'cept it's 3yo colts and 75% of the field v. CC.

Heck, the horse has never set foot out of California, and that place is full of liberals and illegals.....Derby winner????

As Mills Lane would say: Let's get it on!!!

Last edited by horses4courses; 04-06-2014 at 10:15 PM.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 10:25 PM   #6
greengorilla

Get your Wheel Barrel ready. Conquest Titan, Cairo Prince boxed.
greengorilla is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #7
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengorilla
Here's the ex-clocker, hotwalker, jock's agent supreme touting two horses who won't be in the gate come Derby Day.

Forget your wheelbarrow, dude.
You'll need a Brinks truck for that one.......
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #8
letswastemoney

Quote:
Conquest Titan only has nine points so far...we'll see if he gets in!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:39 PM   #9
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Here's the ex-clocker, hotwalker, jock's agent supreme touting two horses who won't be in the gate come Derby Day.

now THAT"S funny right thar
Old 04-06-2014, 11:03 PM   #10
bgbootha

I can't leave out Tapiture....

We will see him next weekend in the Arkansas.

Lets be realistic, if it wasn't for the trip he would have won that Rebel by at least a length or two. Coming off two strongs wins before that. Hopper looked good in the Santa Anita (not as good as CC, but good).

Tapiture is still easily in my top 5...along with CC, Samraat, Constitution, and I am really interested in seeing Bobby's Kitten thsi weekend as well. A horse that could make a splash on the Keeneland synthetic and move into a starting gate in Kentucky
bgbootha is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #11
greengorilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
Conquest Titan only has nine points so far...we'll see if he gets in!!!
If I told you I bet Cloudy Vow for 300 to win on saturday would you believe me? probably not. So we will see what happens in the Arkansa Derby. I'm betting he wins it or runs 2nd. If he does he's going to be real tough in the derby, he loves the track and will love the distance. As for Cairo Prince watched the horse train all winter long with other derby hopefuls at palmettos. And he's all race horse. As for touting,the article asked for top five picks and I as a rule keep my info to myself. Very seldom give handicapping advice.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:18 PM   #12
greengorilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses

Get your facts straight never hot walked a horse in my life, and by know means have I ever been and ex-clocker. I own and sell horses year round and in the winter I agent to get out of the cold and relax. And yes I hope I need a Brinks truck if I'm lucky enough to catch that Lick.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:18 PM   #13
letswastemoney

Quote:
If I told you I bet Cloudy Vow for 300 to win on saturday would you believe me? probably not. So we will see what happens in the Arkansa Derby. I'm betting he wins it or runs 2nd. If he does he's going to be real tough in the derby, he loves the track and will love the distance. As for Cairo Prince watched the horse train all winter long with other derby hopefuls at palmettos. And he's all race horse. As for touting,the article asked for top five picks and I as a rule keep my info to myself. Very seldom give handicapping advice.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude at all. I know what it's like when people are that way with me.

I will write that I liked the old Conquest Titan when he had some speed. He comes from too far out of it these days. And yes, I'd believe you on Cloudy Vow. I know which filly you're talking about, even though I don't recall which race she ran in last weekend.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:20 PM   #14
letswastemoney

I still have some hope Cairo Prince will get in, simply because of injuries and the fact that some owners will reason they aren't good enough at the very last minute.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:01 AM   #15
Thebigguy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
1) Samraat - He had a nice, hard race in the Wood Memorial. I wouldn't pay too much attention to how fractions look at Aqueduct. The cold weather makes them look slow. What I saw in the Wood Memorial was a pace compromised effort where he or Social Inclusion probably ran the best race.

2) California Chrome - It's hard to fault his flawless season so far. His versatility will be the key, and it seems like the jockey can just push the button and let him fly.

3) Bayern - After seeing the clustered finish of the Rebel, and Hoppertunity's effort in the Santa Anita Derby, I expect Bayern to absolutely crush the field in the Arkansas Derby. It will not even be close.

4) Constitution - This is a smart horse, and the fact he can take dirt and still kick in is good. I'm not sure he's fast enough yet, but with one more step forward, maybe.

5) Wicked Strong - Well, he won the Wood Memorial. It may have been a pace aided effort, so I have to discount the win slightly. With that said, perhaps this colt simply hates Gulfstream and fares better at other tracks.
Why would he hate Gulfstream? His allowance race was pretty solid on a speed friendly track.
I agree with Bayern who I think will win the Arkansas Derby and Wicked Strong. I dont think any of the other 3 will be any factor in the Derby.
Thebigguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply