Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-24-2022, 06:35 AM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Inflation vs tribalism

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...crats-n1552027

This guy seems to think inflation will damage the Dems. I don’t.

Tribalism will prevail.

No way enough middle of the road voters will move right after voting for Biden. They will stay in camp and live a more n more shitty existence, gas at $5 a gallon across the country might move some, but not enough.

Grocery prices are hurting families that were not around during Carter. This is their first contact with altering meal plans for their kids. First time they cannot buy a car-used or new. First time they can’t take a mini vacation. And there is 3 more years of this coming. UNLESS…….they change tribes.

I think they are too stupid to do it.

It’s going to be interesting to watch. Huge influencers

1. New Covid Variants could literally collapse the system. Close restaurants, shut down factories etc. Supply chain will begin to literally starve people. This would be catastrophic

2. Putin seizes the day. He has the strongest hand he has ever had. He will move his troops wherever he wants while Biden naps. The NATO types are the weakest they have ever been and Putin knows that none of them will fall in line behind our Scarecrow of a President. Mother Russia will seize oil n gas resources every place they can. They will have more cash than ever. They will be stronger than ever. Meanwhile the U.S. Military will still be taking courses in gender equality instead of sharpening their commie killing skills.

3. Biden has a stroke or becomes unable to govern. Kamala takes over and a governmental crisis the likes we have never seen becomes a daily fight to maintain authority.

1-2-3 might move a few voters. But all these daily articles about how Dems are going to get slaughtered in mid-terms is a little much for me to believe. I hope it happens, but I think it’s over-blown

Last edited by JustRalph; 01-24-2022 at 06:36 AM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2022, 11:15 AM   #2
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...crats-n1552027

This guy seems to think inflation will damage the Dems. I don’t.

Tribalism will prevail.

No way enough middle of the road voters will move right after voting for Biden. They will stay in camp and live a more n more shitty existence, gas at $5 a gallon across the country might move some, but not enough.

Grocery prices are hurting families that were not around during Carter. This is their first contact with altering meal plans for their kids. First time they cannot buy a car-used or new. First time they can’t take a mini vacation. And there is 3 more years of this coming. UNLESS…….they change tribes.

I think they are too stupid to do it.

It’s going to be interesting to watch. Huge influencers

1. New Covid Variants could literally collapse the system. Close restaurants, shut down factories etc. Supply chain will begin to literally starve people. This would be catastrophic

2. Putin seizes the day. He has the strongest hand he has ever had. He will move his troops wherever he wants while Biden naps. The NATO types are the weakest they have ever been and Putin knows that none of them will fall in line behind our Scarecrow of a President. Mother Russia will seize oil n gas resources every place they can. They will have more cash than ever. They will be stronger than ever. Meanwhile the U.S. Military will still be taking courses in gender equality instead of sharpening their commie killing skills.

3. Biden has a stroke or becomes unable to govern. Kamala takes over and a governmental crisis the likes we have never seen becomes a daily fight to maintain authority.

1-2-3 might move a few voters. But all these daily articles about how Dems are going to get slaughtered in mid-terms is a little much for me to believe. I hope it happens, but I think it’s over-blown
Seriously, you can't actually believe this. The Democrats are never going to shut down the economy with a Democrat in the White House. They are not going to risk unemployment going to 13-15%. Democrats would rather see hundreds of thousands die than lose an election, which would inevitably happen with another major lockdown. The only lives Democrats care about saving are those on death row.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:41 AM   #3
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

I agree with you Ralph. It won't be long before we are like most of the major cities, a one-party entity. Not a damn thing we can do about it.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2022, 11:49 AM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Unlike 2020, Biden will ensure a smooth transition of power.

Last edited by Tom; 01-24-2022 at 11:55 AM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2022, 11:53 AM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Seriously, you can't actually believe this. The Democrats are never going to shut down the economy with a Democrat in the White House. They are not going to risk unemployment going to 13-15%. Democrats would rather see hundreds of thousands die than lose an election, which would inevitably happen with another major lockdown. The only lives Democrats care about saving are those on death row.
When you can rig the elections via a corrupt media, corrupt BIG TECH, and the intelligence community, the entire GOAL is the above...what's NOT to believe?
Old 01-24-2022, 11:55 AM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
2. Putin seizes the day. He has the strongest hand he has ever had. He will move his troops wherever he wants while Biden naps. The NATO types are the weakest they have ever been and Putin knows that none of them will fall in line behind our Scarecrow of a President.
THIS. Very much THIS.

And to think, they were trying to convince everyone that TRUMP was the one who ****ed everything up with Russia. That TRUMP was going to get us into a war with RUSSIA. Or whatever the nonsense of the day was.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:13 PM   #7
TJDave

Inflation is being handled surreptitiously. Inferior cuts of meat, fruits, vegetables…repackaged products, reformulated condiments, formulas…all cutting quality and shaving cents. That’s just from groceries. Restaurant quality, except in the best of the best is much worse.

If you don’t have a refined sense of taste it’s hard to tell. Whatever the stated rate of inflation I expect it’s really triple…or more.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:22 PM   #8
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Inflation is being handled surreptitiously. Inferior cuts of meat, fruits, vegetables…repackaged products, reformulated condiments, formulas…all cutting quality and shaving cents. That’s just from groceries. Restaurant quality, except in the best of the best is much worse.

If you don’t have a refined sense of taste it’s hard to tell. Whatever the stated rate of inflation I expect it’s really triple…or more.
they want everyone to get covid to lose taste ... then you can buy 3rd world food and not notice how bad it is
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply