Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-11-2021, 10:09 AM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

Stupid is out there in spades

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-america-dumb/

quote: T.S. Eliot wrote that the world ends "not with a bang but a whimper,” but I fear our great nation is careening toward a third manner of demise: descent into lip-blubbering, self-destructive idiocy.

How did we become, in such alarming measure, so dumb? Why is the news dominated by ridiculous controversies that should not be controversial at all? When did so many of our fellow citizens become full-blown nihilists who deny even the concept of objective reality? And how must this look to the rest of the world?

Read the headlines and try not to weep.

As Albert Einstein once said to me: “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.” But what is much more widespread than the actual stupidity is the playing stupid, turning off your ear, not listening, not seeing. ... As an aside, the notion that human stupidity is unlimited has a long history.

How dumb can a nation get and still survive? Idiotically, we seem determined to find out.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 10-11-2021 at 10:14 AM.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 10:33 AM   #2
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

quote: T.S. Eliot wrote that the world ends "not with a bang but a whimper,” but I fear our great nation is careening toward a third manner of demise: descent into lip-blubbering, self-destructive idiocy.

How did we become, in such alarming measure, so dumb? Why is the news dominated by ridiculous controversies that should not be controversial at all? When did so many of our fellow citizens become full-blown nihilists who deny even the concept of objective reality? And how must this look to the rest of the world?

As Albert Einstein once said to me: “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.” But what is much more widespread than the actual stupidity is the playing stupid, turning off your ear, not listening, not seeing. ... As an aside, the notion that human stupidity is unlimited has a long history.

How dumb can a nation get and still survive? Idiotically, we seem determined to find out.
Someone once said, Physician heal thyself.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #3
Greyfox

Quote:
How did we become, in such alarming measure, so dumb?
An Education System that grades on "Participation" instead of "Merit" will always foster mediocrity.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 12:27 PM   #4
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
An Education System that grades on "Participation" instead of "Merit" will always foster mediocrity.
or universities asking professors to grade based on skin color.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #5
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
I tried to Google that to see if it was a quote by someone more famous than you. ;-)
BTW, great quote.
This is what Google said back:

Quote:
It looks like there aren't many great matches for your search
Tip: Try using words that might appear on the page you’re looking for. For example, "cake recipes" instead of "how to make a cake."
I find this funny because it is an absolutely perfect Fit-the-Narrative response.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 12:34 PM   #6
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
or universities asking professors to grade based on skin color.
Does this mean that darker skinned folks would get better scores than their lighter-skinned counterparts?
Old 10-11-2021, 01:27 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I agree with 46.
And I blame all on dems their moronic followers, like, well, 46.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #8
Marshall Bennett

Teaching young students to hate their parents says a lot.
You'd hope even the youngest are smarter than that.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 01:49 PM   #9
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Does this mean that darker skinned folks would get better scores than their lighter-skinned counterparts?

I am sure this is what was being referenced:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ucla-prof...tly-suspension
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 04:39 PM   #10
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

Oh my...that doesn't seem very fair. It's not only monumentally unfair but it's downright insulting and degrading to minorities. But then...what would we expect from liberals since they believe minorities don't even know how to get valid I.D.s?

I'm beginning to think that every minority household should have at least one volunteer liberal living in it so that they can teach these minorities the fundamentals of life, beginning with personal hygiene, with the first lesson being a butt wipe lesson after taking a number 2. If we're all lucky the minorities would quickly dispose with all their at-home teachers.

Last edited by boxcar; 10-11-2021 at 04:48 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 05:38 PM   #11
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

It's a travesty that universities kowtow to students. College kids may be smart but are incredibly stupid when it comes to seeing the larger picture over time. Does the student realize that if you start giving grades based on color, you may eventually one day be operated on by a black surgeon? Are they competent and of the same standard as others. Who is to know and isn't that the point? Don't we want all our structural engineers equally competent when building bridges? Brain surgery? Wtf!
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #12
garyscpa

Quote:

At least you were able to straighten him out on that relativity thingy.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 07:01 PM   #13
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I agree with 46.
And I blame all on dems their moronic followers, like, well, 46.
Well I bet he was looking into the mirror when he started the thread, his is the way of psycho babel. Always looking to put himself among the elite with copy and paste of others psycho babel he reads, his stuff is so bad here no one thinks to call him out as a plagiarist.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 08:34 PM   #14
stuball

communist nation

The attourney General's son in law and daughter run a CRT company that sells the commie bullshit to the school systems making millions -- what crap
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 10:23 PM   #15
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Oh my...that doesn't seem very fair. It's not only monumentally unfair but it's downright insulting and degrading to minorities. But then...what would we expect from liberals since they believe minorities don't even know how to get valid I.D.s?

I'm beginning to think that every minority household should have at least one volunteer liberal living in it so that they can teach these minorities the fundamentals of life, beginning with personal hygiene, with the first lesson being a butt wipe lesson after taking a number 2. If we're all lucky the minorities would quickly dispose with all their at-home teachers.
I think the most racist thing to say is people of color need the white mans help with everything insinuating that they can't do anything themselves.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply