Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:33 AM   #1
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quick Review of THEE TOP THREE Software

I actually purchased this program a few months ago, looked it over....and left it alone up until a few weeks ago. It was a snap to install, uses the Bris $1 single data files...which I buy anyway for another software program.

Upon opening the program, you come to a "tweaking" or program module--I simply by pass that, and click "view card".
What that opens is pretty cool---think of the Bris Summary, on steroids.
Appx 25 columns of sortable info such as:

RATING*PRIME*TRAINERWIN%*JOCKEYWIN%*RECENCYPOINTS* CLASSPOINTS
*EARNINGS*SPEEDPOINTS*PACE/SPEED*FINISHSPEED*BLINKERPOINTS

I mentioned I bypass the tweaking part of the program, but of course you're welcome to tweak away. The most important part to me is the ability to make spot plays--and this is where the Program's value lies--the proprietary "RATING". Unlike Prime Power (which is also included in the program)...everyone has it, and frankly it's overbet to death.

Since we have a lot of Aqueduct players...I'll give a couple examples of how THEE TOP THREE went against Prime Power, and scored. (BTW--I haven't done exhausting research--but I restrict my wagering on this spot play to sprints)
Sunday 12-20
5th RACE 6F CL
6-1 ML TTT HI RATED +3 PERFECT DISCO
$11.40

Can also find exacta plays when 2 horses are rated way higher than any others. A $2 box only costs $4, and sometimes can pay pretty well.
From that same day @ AQ

8TH RACE 6F ALLOW

CAPTAIN SERIOUS 121 1-1
BOND VIGILANTE 121 10-1

JOKING 113 5-1

It's clear in hindsight the play was BOND VIGILANTE to win, but I played it safe and played a $2 exacta box only, and was rewarded with a $48 payoff.

Obviously these plays don't happen all the time...just showing what's possible. You're going to have to do your homework, play around with the program....see if you can find some spot plays, like I did.

Almost forgot the best part---the entire program---nothing else to buy--(except $1 bris data files) is $37.25!!! I e-mailed the gentleman, Mike Perucci, asking what was the deal with the price--he said he's retired now-- that's all he wants for it. I'm thinking about trying to buy the rights to this program--charge 2 or 3 bills a copy--so I CAN RETIRE!.
theetopthree.com I didn't do an actual link, you'll have to cut and paste. You can get a sample free--he does answer e-mail too.

I stopped the Bris Summary since they don't bother to answer e-mail--going to start a "TTT" spot play instead, since Mike attempts to help & answers e-mail.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2015, 06:22 AM   #2
Dr Gonzo
Bluesman

Thanks, Greg.

I always wondered what this program was like.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #3
Flysofree
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
I actually purchased this program a few months ago, looked it over....and left it alone up until a few weeks ago. It was a snap to install, uses the Bris $1 single data files...which I buy anyway for another software program.

Upon opening the program, you come to a "tweaking" or program module--I simply by pass that, and click "view card".

I mentioned I bypass the tweaking part of the program, but of course you're welcome to tweak away. The most important part to me is the ability to make spot plays--and this is where the Program's value lies--the proprietary "RATING". Unlike Prime Power (which is also included in the program)...everyone has it, and frankly it's overbet to death.

Since we have a lot of Aqueduct players...I'll give a couple examples of how THEE TOP THREE went against Prime Power, and scored. (BTW--I haven't done exhausting research--but I restrict my wagering on this spot play to sprints)
Sunday 12-20
5th RACE 6F CL
$11.40

Can also find exacta plays when 2 horses are rated way higher than any others. A $2 box only costs $4, and sometimes can pay pretty well.
From that same day @ AQ

8TH RACE 6F ALLOW

CAPTAIN SERIOUS 121 1-1
BOND VIGILANTE 121 10-1

JOKING 113 5-1

It's clear in hindsight the play was BOND VIGILANTE to win, but I played it safe and played a $2 exacta box only, and was rewarded with a $48 payoff.

Obviously these plays don't happen all the time...just showing what's possible. You're going to have to do your homework, play around with the program....see if you can find some spot plays, like I did.

Almost forgot the best part---the entire program---nothing else to buy--(except $1 bris data files) is $37.25!!! I e-mailed the gentleman, Mike Perucci, asking what was the deal with the price--he said he's retired now-- that's all he wants for it. I'm thinking about trying to buy the rights to this program--charge 2 or 3 bills a copy--so I CAN RETIRE!.
theetopthree.com I didn't do an actual link, you'll have to cut and paste. You can get a sample free--he does answer e-mail too.

I stopped the Bris Summary since they don't bother to answer e-mail--going to start a "TTT" spot play instead, since Mike attempts to help & answers e-mail.
What is the name of the program? Link possibly? Ignore my post I see now..

Last edited by Flysofree; 12-22-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Flysofree is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2015, 01:04 PM   #4
green80

Have you tried this program enough to have an overall win % or ROI?
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #5
cloud9

I think the softwares main intention is to finding the top three contenders in a race then you handicap those three . Thats why it is named THEE TOP THREE .
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2015, 07:23 PM   #6
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:

Sunday 12-20
5th RACE 6F CL
$11.40

From that same day @ AQ

8TH RACE 6F ALLOW

CAPTAIN SERIOUS 121 1-1
BOND VIGILANTE 121 10-1

JOKING 113 5-1

Looks interesting Greg....
Neither of those horses were in my top 4 handifast
but it could be the Inner Track

keep us informed
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2015, 09:51 PM   #7
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

green80 Have you tried this program enough to have an overall win % or ROI?

no, greenie...not yet. I do write down my wagers, but this hasn't moved past the "fun" stage, since I'm still trying out spot plays.

cloud9 I think the softwares main intention is to finding the top three contenders in a race then you handicap those three . Thats why it is named THEE TOP THREE .

true......someone pmed with a question about this very subject. Here's my answer---you can get just as good 3 contenders using the last 3 top beyers. I mentioned the program's real value lies in the ratings--when they differ from others AND you can see at a glance the highly rated horse is from a top % trainer, has recency going for it, etc.
If you just take this program's top 3--why not just take Prime Power's top 3, and handicap those? See what I'm saying?

mikesal57
Looks interesting Greg....
Neither of those horses were in my top 4 handifast
but it could be the Inner Track
keep us informed

You got it
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 07:08 AM   #8
Sparky13

Quote:

Sunday 12-20
5th RACE 6F CL
$11.40

From that same day @ AQ

8TH RACE 6F ALLOW

CAPTAIN SERIOUS 121 1-1
BOND VIGILANTE 121 10-1

JOKING 113 5-1

What is the "tweaking" you refer to above? I have this program also.
Sparky13 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #9
green80

How do you determine TTT's best bets?
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 09:11 AM   #10
UltimateBetter

Info

Actually if any body has any Play Module setting it would be nice to share so I
Can tweek with it .
UltimateBetter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 09:15 AM   #11
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Tried many software programs in my day. Never heard of this one. Do they have a website ?

Z
Old 12-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #12
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaf
Tried many software programs in my day. Never heard of this one. Do they have a website ?

Z
http://theetopthree.com/
Also lists on Ebay
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 09:45 AM   #13
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Thanks

Z
Old 12-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #14
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

I have version 2.1, seems like he added a few new features. For such a cheapo price, I think that I might purchase ver. 2.2.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #15
Partsnut
BetMix User

It gets better. If you have a coupon you get it for $5.00 less.

I have a copy and haven't given it much time but from the one time I used it, I was impressed.
It's an excellent contender selector.
Spot plays are the real value of this software.

Well worth the price and fun to use.
Mike, the author gives great support,

Last edited by Partsnut; 12-24-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply