Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-26-2022, 08:55 AM   #16
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Ortiz is the only hall of famer to have tested positive for PED use and was elected in his first year of eligibility. Bonds was on the ballot for ten years, had over 200 more home runs than Ortiz and never failed a drug test. Clemens also on the ballot for ten years, won 7 Cy Young awards and voted mvp 1 year, a rarity for a pitcher. He too never failed a drug test.

Right...makes no sense

Well, at least this will be the last year of PED discussion and baseball will regain its integrity

geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2022, 09:02 AM   #17
CheckMark

Roger Clemens statement via Twitter:

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 9.01.42 AM.png
Old 01-26-2022, 09:18 AM   #18
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Roger Clemens statement via Twitter:

Attachment 31208

The keyword in his Twitter was "Generational"

Saying F U everyone was doing it!!!

Mike
Old 01-26-2022, 11:23 AM   #19
Robert Fischer
clean money

From my perspective, there aren't a lot people (or animals) who make a living today from physical performance or looks, today, who don't at least occasionally use PEDs.

from that same source (my perspective, fallible opinion), 'integrity' is foremost a perception to be maintained with the audience/consumer (a perception even more important than and separate from the reality of the costs of heavy testing(money, less explosive play, less healthy players, less attractive players, less of a blackmarket industry to import/sell/admister/evade).

It's a heated thing... It really does cut into some of the hype and love for a player if you discover they've used steroids/peds, especially if you don't believe it to be saturated in use and consider it to be cheating. It's why there are huge internet debates of fans who argue that McGwire just took 'Andro' and wasn't in reality loading up on every bodybuilding drug he could buy, or we see guys emphasizing that Baffert's horse tested positive for a pain/anti-inflammatory and wasn't loading horses with steroids/hormones/blood-builders etc...
Old 01-26-2022, 11:59 AM   #20
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
From my perspective, there aren't a lot people (or animals) who make a living today from physical performance or looks, today, who don't at least occasionally use PEDs.

from that same source (my perspective, fallible opinion), 'integrity' is foremost a perception to be maintained with the audience/consumer (a perception even more important than and separate from the reality of the costs of heavy testing(money, less explosive play, less healthy players, less attractive players, less of a blackmarket industry to import/sell/admister/evade).

It's a heated thing... It really does cut into some of the hype and love for a player if you discover they've used steroids/peds, especially if you don't believe it to be saturated in use and consider it to be cheating. It's why there are huge internet debates of fans who argue that McGwire just took 'Andro' and wasn't in reality loading up on every bodybuilding drug he could buy, or we see guys emphasizing that Baffert's horse tested positive for a pain/anti-inflammatory and wasn't loading horses with steroids/hormones/blood-builders etc...
I wasn’t so up in arms about McGwire until I saw him in person.

I was standing twelve feet from him at a Reds game and his arms were like tree trunks. He looked like a cartoon character. No way in hell they were natural.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:20 PM   #21
king kong

Ortiz

The hall of fame is going to look like the Baffert barn.
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2022, 01:28 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Imagine caring about baseball...

I was a big fan as a kid, once I hit adulthood the fandom faded away. Now I only watch the world series or the whole play-offs if the Nationals are in it.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2022, 01:40 PM   #23
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Anyone who thinks that a Ruth or Cobb and other like legends wouldn’t have juiced if given the same situation is dreaming.

Baseball is a business. Not a field of dreams.

Why would Ruth juice? He hit 714 career home runs which was over 200 more than Lou Gehrig, the #2 home run hitter of the era. He also hit .348 for his career. He was by far the dominate hitter of the era and did it on hotdogs, beer and whiskey.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:43 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I wasn’t so up in arms about McGwire until I saw him in person.

I was standing twelve feet from him at a Reds game and his arms were like tree trunks. He looked like a cartoon character. No way in hell they were natural.

The dead give away for juicing is large trapezious muscles, you cannot naturally turn yourself into a no neck.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:59 PM   #25
46zilzal
velocitician

Good he deserves it
Old 01-26-2022, 08:21 PM   #26
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Right...makes no sense

Well, at least this will be the last year of PED discussion and baseball will regain its integrity

Not so fast there pal! Alex Rodriguez garnered only 34% in his first attempt, so he has nine more years to go, therefore, we have nine more years to go of this PED era then it will be over.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:25 PM   #27
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Not so fast there pal! Alex Rodriguez garnered only 34% in his first attempt, so he has nine more years to go, therefore, we have nine more years to go of this PED era then it will be over.
Yes I saw that.....hopefully others will be eligible before he gets a higher %

Also seeing that the other 2 didn't get in should deflate any chances he has

Sosa should be off list soon too....
Old 01-26-2022, 11:06 PM   #28
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kong View Post
The hall of fame is going to look like the Baffert barn.
Now THAT was funny
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: