Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:39 AM   #4906
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

BELTERRA

My Best Bet (and one of two) bets of the day--I've always liked BELTERRA. Study it some--get to know it well....and you'll find it plays fair, especially to Pace-View --since we do well at the lower-tier tracks

$10.00 payoffs help pad your bankroll--same as those boojie tracks like SA.

BELTERRA

7th race EL BONITO 20-1

BELMONT

Race 1 MADELYN'S HOPE 8-1
Old 05-28-2018, 10:16 PM   #4907
Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
Greg, I haven't figured out how to win with Platinum yet. Had a horrible day last Sun at CD. On your website there's a section on how to handicap with it, but when I click on learn more that's as far as I can get, can't get page to move where the info is. Can you get this info to me? I should be in your files as Charles Swope or Chuck Swope, or send me a PM. Thanks.
Lefty, I'll see if I can access and grab those files for you tomorrow, if Greg hasn't already.
I find if I have lousy results at one track I look until I find a track that works for my particular style. I have beat my head against the wall for the past 18 years at my home track (Canterbury Park) and decided that I'll only do practice bets on it unless I'm actually there, then I just plan on losing. My exacta method still works well at certain tracks, Saturday at Emerald Downs it hit the exacta in the 2nd race for $464. Then Sunday I go to Canterbury and lose my whole $200 daily bankroll. My family gets a kick out of it. "Ooh, that horse looks pretty! Put that with that ugly horse for the exacta for me?" " Sure, " I scoff, while carefully checking the Form.
Sure enough, my carefully researched and rationalized wager gets me nothing, while their whim wins. Oh well, if I can't be useful at least I'm entertaining.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:54 AM   #4908
TJC

Lefty,

If you haven't got the answer to your request, try clicking on the following url.

If it doesn't work, let me know and I will try to email it to you.

https://cdn-cms.f-static.com/uploads...52c41c3172.png

TJC
Old 05-29-2018, 09:22 AM   #4909
Hanger

Anyone having any success at Parx with the Best 5? I know I read somewhere that the Best 5 does better with mid-level type tracks so curious, as I haven't played Parx regularly for awhile.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:05 AM   #4910
Floyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger View Post
Anyone having any success at Parx with the Best 5? I know I read somewhere that the Best 5 does better with mid-level type tracks so curious, as I haven't played Parx regularly for awhile.
Yes, Parx is one of my regular tracks, showing a profit with Exactas and (juuuust barely) with Pick 3s. Since I can't seem to pick a winner there for the life of me, Exactas save my bacon.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:08 AM   #4911
Hanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Yes, Parx is one of my regular tracks, showing a profit with Exactas and (juuuust barely) with Pick 3s. Since I can't seem to pick a winner there for the life of me, Exactas save my bacon.
I have found myself wasting W/P bets instead of just W bets since I am usually pretty good at finding 2nd best options on the mid-level low priced claimers LOL.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:17 PM   #4912
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger View Post

I don't usually play parx but best 5 has been on fire at LAD this month . Just select consensus and play the top horse. Yesterday (mon) there were 5 winners on top on a 7 race card including a 17.20 horse in the 2nd. (go back and look) I think with the nice purses at parx, the track may not be where best5 methods work best.

Last edited by green80; 05-29-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:19 PM   #4913
lefty359

THanks

Thanks, Floyd and TJC. I appreciate it.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:40 AM   #4914
Hanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
I don't usually play parx but best 5 has been on fire at LAD this month . Just select consensus and play the top horse. Yesterday (mon) there were 5 winners on top on a 7 race card including a 17.20 horse in the 2nd. (go back and look) I think with the nice purses at parx, the track may not be where best5 methods work best.
I have definitely noticed there is a relation to tracks/purses and Best 5. Thanks for sharing the LAD tips. At Parx the consensus has been ok for exactas with the top 3 boxed.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:20 PM   #4915
lawmaker1

Has anyone tried the 2minutes2 Post handicapping app
Old 06-06-2018, 11:39 AM   #4916
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I'll go out on a limb--and say you're doing so poorly somedays because you're playing way too many races #1.

Stop betting, Lefty. WAIT until you see an advantage--watch your Pace Advantage columns until YOUR race comes up. This was Belterra....I love that track, Thistle, Delaware, etc. Those are made for Pace Advantage.....take a look at the 1st race I have up top:
only 4 horses w/power numbers.....which means you almost can't help but be right there.
Just to get a feel for the race--look at E-2 pace. Look back and forth, up and down. Is Annie Oakley gonna run away with it?

With that pace? Not likely at all for a gutless wonder.

Top Power BLACK IS BACK is beginning to look real good. The clincher is when you get to the last-3speeds. Wow.
None of these horses is a lock to do anything--but this one is easily bettable.

They finished exactly as they figured 5-2-6. BACK IS BLACK paid a sweet $9.60. The only horse to disapoint anyone was the favorite who predictably couldn't keep up.

This is what to look for, Lefty. This is where PLATINUM excels--not the High-Class races. Down in the bushes...wait to find YOUR horse. It really is as SWEET to nail a cheap claimer, as any Hi-falutin' Turf Horse. I like it better when the track doesn't even HAVE a turf.

You asked for a little help with PLATINUM Program....just think of it as Bris Summary on steroids. It works wonders in sprints--but a little tip: DO NOT avoid mile races at any track.
Some of my biggest scores have come at a mile.

Good luck today, guys

NCG
Old 06-06-2018, 07:35 PM   #4917
lefty359

Thanks

Thanks, Greg.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #4918
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post

I'll go out on a limb--and say you're doing so poorly somedays because you're playing way too many races #1.

Stop betting, Lefty. WAIT until you see an advantage--watch your Pace Advantage columns until YOUR race comes up. This was Belterra....I love that track, Thistle, Delaware, etc. Those are made for Pace Advantage.....take a look at the 1st race I have up top:
only 4 horses w/power numbers.....which means you almost can't help but be right there.
Just to get a feel for the race--look at E-2 pace. Look back and forth, up and down. Is Annie Oakley gonna run away with it?

With that pace? Not likely at all for a gutless wonder.

Top Power BLACK IS BACK is beginning to look real good. The clincher is when you get to the last-3speeds. Wow.
None of these horses is a lock to do anything--but this one is easily bettable.

They finished exactly as they figured 5-2-6. BACK IS BLACK paid a sweet $9.60. The only horse to disapoint anyone was the favorite who predictably couldn't keep up.

This is what to look for, Lefty. This is where PLATINUM excels--not the High-Class races. Down in the bushes...wait to find YOUR horse. It really is as SWEET to nail a cheap claimer, as any Hi-falutin' Turf Horse. I like it better when the track doesn't even HAVE a turf.

You asked for a little help with PLATINUM Program....just think of it as Bris Summary on steroids. It works wonders in sprints--but a little tip: DO NOT avoid mile races at any track.
Some of my biggest scores have come at a mile.

Good luck today, guys

NCG
Nice concise analysis Greg!
Old 06-07-2018, 06:16 AM   #4919
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

TY Trace....how ya been?

***I could see this one coming a mile away.....too bad it didn't pay anything
Old 06-07-2018, 06:37 AM   #4920
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I like Parx, if for no other reason than all the chicanery that goes on there. It's fun to try to figure out who's trying today---who isn't...and who ought to be locked up for highway robbery

Sorry about the website, guys----it's like anything: if you don't pull regular maintenance, it eventually goes to hell. I'm working on it daily to get up to standards.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 06-07-2018 at 06:46 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: