Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 05-30-2017, 11:56 AM   #916
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
I’m fine with the offside replays, they just need to end the nonsense about the skate being on the ice, that was a horseshit call last night, that was a goal.

What difference does it make if your skate is on the ice or in the air? You’re still standing in the same spot, f-me, he was straddling the line last night.

If they change the rule so that you need to have one foot in the blue paint, whether it’s on the ice or in the air, you would have 60% less challenges, and not kill the pace of play.
Agree, the call in the Rangers Ottawa series was the same he didn't have possession of the puck and one skate was outside the blue line the other in. That was a goal last night. That also changed the game and unless Nashville can rush the net more they wont win a game.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:56 AM   #917
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
The offside replays have to end.
Let the linesmen call offsides.
If they get them wrong, so be it.
Even if you keep them, how do you overturn that one last night? Then the 5 on 3, then ignoring Crosby interfering during a 5 on 3 right before the first goal. Brutal.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2017, 04:59 PM   #918
HoofedInTheChest

The ironic part of the “offside challenge” is the NHL is trying to increase scoring, yet this rule has done the complete opposite in my opinion.

The NHL has made some great rule changes over the years, like the removal of the red line to eliminate the two-line pass infraction, or the touch-up offside, or the hybrid icing. Unfortunately, the offside challenge rule has taken a step backwards, it just slows the game down and kills any flow.

If we were to go through every goal in the history of the NHL, i wonder how many would have been called back because of a marginal offside?
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2017, 10:37 AM   #919
onefast99

Quote:
The ironic part of the “offside challenge” is the NHL is trying to increase scoring, yet this rule has done the complete opposite in my opinion.

The NHL has made some great rule changes over the years, like the removal of the red line to eliminate the two-line pass infraction, or the touch-up offside, or the hybrid icing. Unfortunately, the offside challenge rule has taken a step backwards, it just slows the game down and kills any flow.

If we were to go through every goal in the history of the NHL, i wonder how many would have been called back because of a marginal offside?
Thank the hockey Gods that Matteaus wasn't.....
Old 05-31-2017, 11:44 PM   #920
Greyfox

Ugh. I am, was, and still am, pulling for Nashville.
With momentum stolen in Game #1, by an "Off Side"?,the loss tonight means that they have to win 4 of the next 5 games against the Penguins.
The Fat Lady is clearing her throat. Ugh.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2017, 10:42 PM   #921
HoofedInTheChest

NHL announces more expansion draft rules

June 12: Deadline for teams to ask that a player waive their no-move clause. For Nashville and Pittsburgh, the deadline is the day after the cup final if that’s later than June 12. The time is 5 p.m. (all times are Eastern Time).

June 14: The last possible day for the Stanley Cup Final

June 15: The buyout window opens. For players with no-move clauses, the team must ask first if they wish to go through waivers before being bought out. To effect a buyout prior to the expansion draft, that request has to be made on this day.

June 16: Last chance to place players on waivers is noon. Players who were asked to waive their no-move clause for the expansion draft have until 5 p.m. to agree.

June 17: Waiver and trade freeze begins at 3 p.m. for all teams except Vegas. A moratorium on signing players to new SPCs begins at the same time (this includes a team’s UFAs and RFAs as well as any other new signing). The protection lists must be submitted by 5 p.m.

June 18: The NHL will distribute the approved lists by 10 a.m. to all NHL teams. The exposed UFA/RFA interview period for Vegas opens at the same time.

June 21: Vegas must submit their list of the lucky 30 players to the NHL by 10 a.m. and include any new SPCs signed for free agents. The names will be released as part of the NHL awards that evening.

June 22: The trade, signing and waiver freeze is lifted at 8 a.m. and all returns to normal.

The draft begins June 23, so the window to make trades is very compressed prior to the actual draft beginning.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:30 AM   #922
oughtoh

Las Vegas draft should be interesting. They should come up with some good players. Alot better players than other expansion teams had.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2017, 11:45 AM   #923
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
Las Vegas draft should be interesting. They should come up with some good players. Alot better players than other expansion teams had.
I should hope so for $500 million.

With the announcement of these new rules, the potential for chaotic trades, mass confusion, and Vancouver doing something really dumb just got nipped in the bud. I was really looking forward to some wheelin and dealin in the small window that was available, but with the signing freeze, the NHL has eliminated that altogether.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #924
MutuelClerk

Game 3 tonight. I suggest the Pens win at least one in Nashville. They seem to be on fumes. Understandable. No legs left, lotsa heart. I have a feeling if Nashville wins both at home and extends this series they will win the Cup.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #925
HoofedInTheChest

I think it's already over.

Old 06-03-2017, 02:21 PM   #926
anotherCAfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
I have a feeling if Nashville wins both at home and extends this series they will win the Cup.
I think you're right; I hope you're wrong.

GO PENS.

P.S. nice job for Anaheim to give Carlyle one more year. We are close. I know Scorey Perry and Getzlaf don't have much left, but maybe we can make one or two more runs.
anotherCAfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2017, 02:34 PM   #927
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
LAS VEGAS — The expansion Vegas Golden Knights have reached a multi-year affiliation deal with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League.
Their ECHL affiliate is the Quad City Mallards.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:18 AM   #928
Greyfox

That's more like it!
Let's see more of that from Nashville.

I must confess though that the Yellow Nashville sweaters and the White and Yellow Pittsburgh sweaters make TV viewing a little bit of a challenge.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #929
Greyfox

Yes!
Go Preds!!
Old 06-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #930
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Yes!
Go Preds!!