Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-25-2017, 11:26 AM   #736
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89 View Post
U think?
Definitely, he'll be the guy blowing past your forwards and turning your d-men inside out.

Harrison Ford must be piloting the Ducks plane, because they're about to hit the golf course.
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2017, 11:37 AM   #737
MutuelClerk

Sid vs the Kid. Of course I meant McDavid. Thought you hockey geeks would have known that. It would be a great final. Richard Rakell was mentioned earlier another Plymouth Whaler. Excellent hands, thought he would be good. Not this good. Past few days have been a good hockey break. Looking forward to both conferences starting up again. Speaking of golf, shot a sparkling little 83 yesterday. Third time out. Back to 90's next week.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #738
Greyfox

Connor McDavid is attracting special attention in playoffs.
In the first round, the Sharks admitted that any 5 guys on the ice with McDavid were responsible for shutting him down.
The forwards varied but defensemen Marc-Edouard Vlasic and Justin Braun were expected to be on the ice every time that McDavid came onto it.
So during the 6 games McDavid only scored 4 points which is down from the over 1 point average he had through the regular season.
However, focusing on McDavid, leaves Draisaitl and others with more ice to roam.

The Anaheim Ducks are expected to have Ryan Kesler's line and in particular Kesler, shadowing McDavid.
Todd McLellan is pretty sharp though.
Sometimes he doesn't put McDavid out for defensive zone faceoffs and that stops the other teams assigned coverage line from scoring as often.

By the way, McDavid is filling out.
Occasionally he can be pretty physically rough with opponents when he wants to be.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2017, 01:23 PM   #739
HoofedInTheChest

I don’t see the Kesler line as the matchup, he can’t skate with McDavid, mind you after the whistle is blown it’s a different story altogether. I believe Cogliano will be dolled the task of covering McD, he has the skating ability and matches up a little better against McD’s line. I think the real matchup will come from the Ducks D-core.

Everyone’s production drops in the playoffs, there is less time and space in the playoffs, especially for elite players that are keyed upon.

I believe if the Oilers use their speed, much like the San Jose series, they can be successful against an older and slower Anaheim Ducks. I have to say that Anaheim is firing on all cylinders lately, Randy has got them playing dynamic hockey again.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:38 PM   #740
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
I don’t see the Kesler line as the matchup,
The Oilers are expecting Cogliano , Kesler (Center) and Silfverberg on the same line.

See http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/l...anaheim-ducks/
Old 04-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #741
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
The Oilers are expecting Cogliano , Kesler (Center) and Silfverberg on the same line.

See http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/l...anaheim-ducks/
Good one Randy, good one.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:28 PM   #742
MutuelClerk

No stick.

No problem.

Fleury back from the dead.

Impressive.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:03 AM   #743
MutuelClerk

Boucher should have won the Jack Adams trophy. Can't believe he wasn't even nominated. He's done more with less than any coach in the NHL this season.

Man the Pens are tough as nails. Series isn't over but they're off to a great start. Time for your Caps to show what they are made of CJ. Shattenkirk has been pretty awful in the playoffs. Better turn it around.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:20 AM   #744
Greyfox

The Edmonton Oilers are up 2-0 on Anaheim.
Cam Talbot showed once again how important it is to have good goal tending in the second game where he stood on his head to stonewall the Ducks.
McDavid is a big factor even when he's not scoring.
The Ducks are on high alert every time he's on the ice and give him too much attention while others get more ice.
The Caps did the same yesterday on occasion with Crosby, giving him too much attention while others got free.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:39 PM   #745
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Boucher should have won the Jack Adams trophy. Can't believe he wasn't even nominated. He's done more with less than any coach in the NHL this season.
The Jack Adams award is based on the regular season.

Which team has the better defense core, Toronto or Ottawa?

Boucher does deserve credit for Ottawa’s anemic offence, they are the lowest scoring team to make the playoffs.

The biggest impact a coach can have on his team is with “Special Teams”, Boucher’ powerplay is ranked 23rd in the league, and his penalty kill is ranked 22nd. Not much has changed in the playoffs.

Babcock when asked about the Jack Adams trophy: "The coach of the year gets to carry a silver cup around and bring it to his hometown."
Old 04-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #746
MutuelClerk

The pass Crosby made to Kessel skate to stick boxed in by three and a half men. Beautiful.

Sid vs The Kid.

Coming soon.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:09 PM   #747
Lose The Juice

Is Newark nicer than Winnipeg? Probably a tie with the 'peg's North End. But it's certainly a step down from Naters, Switzerland.
Lose The Juice is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #748
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

This is worse than I could even have imagined.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #749
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
The Jack Adams award is based on the regular season.

Which team has the better defense core, Toronto or Ottawa?

Boucher does deserve credit for Ottawa’s anemic offence, they are the lowest scoring team to make the playoffs.

The biggest impact a coach can have on his team is with “Special Teams”, Boucher’ powerplay is ranked 23rd in the league, and his penalty kill is ranked 22nd. Not much has changed in the playoffs.

Babcock when asked about the Jack Adams trophy: "The coach of the year gets to carry a silver cup around and bring it to his hometown."
Hoofed who's roster would you rather have? Ottawa or the Leafs? I'm not ripping on any coach who was nominated I just believe he's done more with less. The fact they made the playoffs was impressive to me. Maybe the reason their specials teams aren't very special is that it matches the rest of the roster. I realize the award is based on the regular season. They've now won a round in the playoffs and now lead 2-0 in round two. Pretty good job of coaching. That being said I'm very happy with Babcock. I want Sid vs The Kid for the Cup.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:33 PM   #750
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
This is worse than I could even have imagined.
And certainly worse than Brian MacLellan and Barry Trotz imagined too.
However, it takes 4 wins to move on and fates can turn very fast in this game.