Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-14-2022, 10:57 AM   #1
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Golden Pal

Reared at the start of the King's Stand at Royal Ascot, and looks like he was eased late by Irad.
Ran last.
That 8yr old Australian runner was very impressive.
Old 06-14-2022, 11:02 AM   #2
Michael

I was looking forward to watching Golden Pal run, but that was fairly anti-climatic to see him left at the gate like that.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2022, 11:05 AM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I was looking forward to watching Golden Pal run, but that was fairly anti-climatic to see him left at the gate like that.
Irad got him into the race but he faded badly.
He clearly isn't cut out for their style of racing. Be it the straight course, the undulating ground, or whatever.
This is the 3rd time he's gone over there and failed.
Old 06-14-2022, 12:05 PM   #4
snappit

It would have been nice to see him run well but my suspicion is he doesn't like our straight courses. The winner looked really good and it would have taken something special to beat him.
snappit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2022, 02:00 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappit View Post
It would have been nice to see him run well but my suspicion is he doesn't like our straight courses. The winner looked really good and it would have taken something special to beat him.
Did it matter what the shape of the course was after he blew the break?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2022, 02:18 PM   #6
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Did it matter what the shape of the course was after he blew the break?
He finished second at Ascot as a 2YO. You have to wonder why it is so hard for some to look at a horse's pps before talking out of their butt.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2022, 03:14 PM   #7
ClockersCorner

It would have taken a superlative performance to beat the winner even with a clean start.
ClockersCorner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2022, 03:28 PM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockersCorner View Post
It would have taken a superlative performance to beat the winner even with a clean start.
For sure, I thought he was the better horse anyway.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2022, 04:06 PM   #9
biggestal99

irad unprepared for the start, thought they were still loading, obviously didnt know they run without horses who are hard to load.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2022, 05:23 PM   #10
snappit

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
He finished second at Ascot as a 2YO. You have to wonder why it is so hard for some to look at a horse's pps before talking out of their butt.
Thank you for your contribution, always nice to converse with well mannered people. I would hazard a guess that my knowledge of form over here is tad more than yours. The fact is he has failed every time he has run here and his form over here doesn't seem to be near what he has achieved in the states. His run at York wasn't particularly good and the race at Ascot where he did come second seems to have been quite a weak race.
snappit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2022, 06:04 PM   #11
biggestal99

Quote:
Thank you for your contribution, always nice to converse with well mannered people. I would hazard a guess that my knowledge of form over here is tad more than yours. The fact is he has failed every time he has run here and his form over here doesn't seem to be near what he has achieved in the states. His run at York wasn't particularly good and the race at Ascot where he did come second seems to have been quite a weak race.
his best RPR in the UK is 106, far below his races in the states so he has underperformed in the UK for whatever reason. burned plenty of dough in those three starts.

the aussie is indeed a superior race horse.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2022, 07:22 PM   #12
Michael

"The colt's pilot Irad Ortiz, Jr. told trainer Wesley Ward he was watching another horse acting up behind the gates prior to the start.

That horse, Mondammej, was withdrawn from the race after the rest of the field had already been loaded for several minutes. The starting gates then opened before Ortiz was prepared.

Ward told racingpost.com: “Irad was looking back at the horse that wouldn't load. He didn't realize they scratch horses over here. He said he almost fell off.”"

Article: https://paulickreport.com/news/thoro...n-kings-stand/
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2022, 09:41 PM   #13
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

So Irad was unprepared and unaware of the rules over there.
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2022, 09:57 PM   #14
the little guy

Quote:
A simple "good point....thanks" would have sufficed. But, then again, had you done that I would have missed out on how badly you hate to be wrong.

I, on the other hand, am used to it. But thanks for the laughs.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:00 PM   #15
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
his best RPR in the UK is 106, far below his races in the states so he has underperformed in the UK for whatever reason. burned plenty of dough in those three starts.

the aussie is indeed a superior race horse.

Allan
It was his second career start as a 2YO. It was actually quite exceptional for that point in his career.

But you knew that.

He lost all chance today due to rider error. No, he wasn't but to condemn his as "hating straightaways" because of what happened today is patently absurd.

I'll forgive you, though, because you aren't from England. The other guy should have known better:-)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: