Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:57 AM   #991
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
You think a big company like Equibase would confront them and demand that they fix their issues.

Equibase supplies info to HDW and whomever else buys their products

Are they doing something or just sitting on their hands and robbing customers?

Apologies to the moderators for cross posting but Jeff Plat explains a lot here http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...8&postcount=15
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2022, 04:58 PM   #992
Thomas Roulston

Call me old-school if you like - but expressing times of races in fifths of a second was more than good enough for me.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2022, 08:51 PM   #993
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston View Post
Call me old-school if you like - but expressing times of races in fifths of a second was more than good enough for me.
I was good for me too @50+ years...

But doing it in 10ths help software programs...

Mike
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2022, 09:54 AM   #994
Michael

I take it Trakus and Equibase timings sometimes differ? Probably often is my assumption. (likely due to run up time, birds flying, and or an employee sleeping while on the job)

To be honest, I never check Trakus unless I'm looking for something specific. The vast majority of times I'm looking at trakus bc of trip trouble and not timing issues.

I'm looking at This past Sat 05/28/22 Bel Race 4, 8.5F on the Inner Turf.

https://www.equibase.com/premium/cha...22&cy=USA&rn=4

https://tnetwork.trakus.com/tnet/t_N...&DisplayType=1

Equibase: 24.20 / 48.97 / 1:12.80 / 1:36.39 / 1:42.47
Trakus: 27.44 / 52.09 / 1:17.00 / 1:41.09 / 1:47.23

The real reason I checked was bc brisnet was missing the 2nd call of 1:12.80... but I can easily see 1:17 at any NYRA track being run on the lawn

edit: maybe Brisnet manually enters these times and or an employee is using the 8F template for this 8.5F race?

Last edited by Michael; 05-30-2022 at 09:56 AM.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 03:18 PM   #995
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
I take it Trakus and Equibase timings sometimes differ? Probably often is my assumption. (likely due to run up time, birds flying, and or an employee sleeping while on the job)

To be honest, I never check Trakus unless I'm looking for something specific. The vast majority of times I'm looking at trakus bc of trip trouble and not timing issues.

I'm looking at This past Sat 05/28/22 Bel Race 4, 8.5F on the Inner Turf.

https://www.equibase.com/premium/cha...22&cy=USA&rn=4

https://tnetwork.trakus.com/tnet/t_N...&DisplayType=1

Equibase: 24.20 / 48.97 / 1:12.80 / 1:36.39 / 1:42.47
Trakus: 27.44 / 52.09 / 1:17.00 / 1:41.09 / 1:47.23

The real reason I checked was bc brisnet was missing the 2nd call of 1:12.80... but I can easily see 1:17 at any NYRA track being run on the lawn

edit: maybe Brisnet manually enters these times and or an employee is using the 8F template for this 8.5F race?

At New York tracks, the official timing is based on beams. American Teletimer Corp is the official timer and those are the times which go on to Bris, DRF and others.

In this case the 6F fraction of 1:12.80 was obtained and placed into the chart via a collaboration between Daily Racing Form, Timeform (Craig Milkowski and his team) and Equibase.

Last edited by ubercapper; 05-31-2022 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:40 PM   #996
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
At New York tracks, the official timing is based on beams. American Teletimer Corp is the official timer and those are the times which go on to Bris, DRF and others.

In this case the 6F fraction of 1:12.80 was obtained and placed into the chart via a collaboration between Daily Racing Form, Timeform (Craig Milkowski and his team) and Equibase.
Thank you CJ and the DRF team!

Small world... That's actually really cool. I was reading coffee and drinking results charts in the morning and had no clue what happened to the 2nd call on those bris charts. I'm glad I made a post here... thank you for that info Ubercapper.

btw, I think you do a great job with your weekly picks. I don't play many tracks these days but every so often I like to check in and see what you've written about the stakes races for the weekends. I've always been impressed.
Old 06-19-2022, 06:54 PM   #997
SG4

I can't say they're errors, but the timing on the turf lately at Belmont has seemed suspicious. A lot of slow early fractions with blazing late fractions. A lot of slow early paces that have collapsed as well. It just doesn't seem to pass the eye test, but trakus is backing up these times as well. 4th race today stands out as an example, a middle quarter slowing down to nearly 25 followed by a sub 22 quarter partially around a turn, I don't think I've ever seen a race like that. Anyone else questioning the accuracy or doing some self-timing lately to confirm a variety of these races? Obviously there are timing issues too often at almost every jurisdiction, just trying to figure out if something is being missed here as well.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2022, 07:42 PM   #998
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post
I can't say they're errors, but the timing on the turf lately at Belmont has seemed suspicious. A lot of slow early fractions with blazing late fractions. A lot of slow early paces that have collapsed as well. It just doesn't seem to pass the eye test, but trakus is backing up these times as well. 4th race today stands out as an example, a middle quarter slowing down to nearly 25 followed by a sub 22 quarter partially around a turn, I don't think I've ever seen a race like that. Anyone else questioning the accuracy or doing some self-timing lately to confirm a variety of these races? Obviously there are timing issues too often at almost every jurisdiction, just trying to figure out if something is being missed here as well.
When Trakus agrees, as they have been, there is likely not a timing error.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2022, 03:27 PM   #999
Michael

There's been seventeen 8.5 Furlong route races that have been run on the Belmont inner this meet. (discounting maiden and maiden claiming races) The
The slowest race prior to this past thurs was run on May 15th. The track was labeled "good" and the race was a 50K starter allowance for F&M's 3 and up... with the rails out at 9 feet. (Now Yus Cant Leave won) The final time was clocked in at 1:44.48.

The fractions were: 25.36 | 49.91 | 1:14.10 | 1:38.45 | 1:44.48
Thursday's fractions: 26.16 | 52.02 | 1:16.77 | 1:40.07 | 1:45.92
slower: (in seconds) .8 | 2.11 | 2.67 | 1.62 | 1.44

Fast forward to this past thursday when the track was labeled "firm." The 8th race was an 80k Optional claimer n1x... with the rails ALSO out at 9 feet making it a perfect analog for comparison. The bris speed pars happen to be identical to the starter allowance race. As we all saw... the sun was out, and it's been fairly windy here in NY. The ground typically would have dried up and played a bit faster. Only two closers (6 lengths or more at the first Quarter) were able to win on the inner track this meet... the first being Bleeker Street going 10 furlongs. The second was Spirit and Glory at the shorter and more impressive 8.5 furlongs.

At the end of the day... The track just shouldn't be labeled firm. It was playing fairly similar to the track post Man o' War / the Beugay after it rained.
Dollars to doughnuts the inner course was treated with some kind of fertilizer... which made the lawn retain water... sending us into a double carry over.
That's my tin foil hat theory.

I'm personally labeling the track "medium" for the whole weekend and recognizing an outside post bias. A real head scratcher for sure.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:19 AM   #1000
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Suburban Stakes

Did they run this at Belmont or The Meadowlands?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg suburban2.JPG (24.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg suburban.JPG (32.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 07-10-2022, 12:52 PM   #1001
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Did they run this at Belmont or The Meadowlands?
I always chuckle when people assume Trakus is correct. On its best days it is ballpark accurate.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2022, 02:11 PM   #1002
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I always chuckle when people assume Trakus is correct. On its best days it is ballpark accurate.
Made me think of some races I've watched with GMax tracking. Sometimes the chiclets are flying all over the screen!
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2022, 01:53 PM   #1003
cardinalsfan

Demand Better!

I pay good $$$ for equibase data. Their quality control is either nonexistent or they just don't care. Great to be a monopoly! If anyone, like me, wants to DEMAND better, shoot them an email: feedback@equibase.com
cardinalsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2022, 10:19 AM   #1004
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsfan View Post
I pay good $$$ for equibase data. Their quality control is either nonexistent or they just don't care. Great to be a monopoly! If anyone, like me, wants to DEMAND better, shoot them an email: feedback@equibase.com

I understand you appear frustrated but I can assure you, as can CJ and others, the comment about QC and caring about racing data just isn't true, and that doesn't just apply to me. If there is a specific issue which brought about this comment feel free to send me a PM.
Old 08-04-2022, 02:50 AM   #1005
ultracapper

8Jul22-2GP

On track (at least according to replay provided by TVG)

24.56 47.34 1:12.70 1:25.82 1:39.36

Per DRF classic pps for Dream Adrianna (GP 9th race 8/6/22) and official chart

23-2 46-1 1:11-2 1:38-2 (no notation that this is hand timed)

The internal splits are almost exactly the same. Wondering if the initial 1/4 mile split could be confirmed one way or another. Thank you.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: