Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #256
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I bet you say that to all your fantasy-fight victims.

You might want to contact a proctologist - to remove that nasty bug from your.......
Old 11-18-2018, 12:27 PM   #257
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I bet you say that to all your fantasy-fight victims.

You might want to contact a proctologist - to remove that nasty bug from your.......
Guess my joke about you practicing proctolgy without as license struck a nerve in your impaired cognitive cells just behind you.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #258
hcap

Tom, you missed out on the most monumental new "alien" on earth theory. Or at least "alien" on flat-earth theory.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside...y-is-hot-again

DENVER—“In five years, everyone will know the Earth is flat,” Scott Simons tells me as we wait in line for the second annual Flat Earth Conference.

Scott, holding the Utah license plate “ITSFLAT,” is explaining how the Flat Earth revolution will bring “societal collapse” because the bulk of our knowledge comes from Round Earth institutions.

“It’s globalism,” his wife Julie interjects. The term, a favorite of President Donald Trump, has become an anti-Semitic euphemism, attached to a far-right conspiracy about Jews controlling the world. I make what must be a funny face, because Julie tries to clarify.

“Globalism,” she repeats, and draws a circle with her hands to illustrate.

Ah. Globe. Yes.

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 01:17 PM   #259
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
the reason the most climate models and predictions are not very good, is because they took their baseline from the early 1900's ... when the carbon dioxide contribution from humans was not near as high as now.

although scientific method has improved, so has picking which data to use to help with your 'point' ... which suggests the study was started with a specific outcome wanted or expected instead of to determine what would happen

please show me 'proof' or evidence that the weather and climate drift we have been seeing during our lives is 100% caused by humans
Let me give you an example that you can understand intuitively. Today there are X cars in your city/town/village/farm area. If that number doubles, there will be more emissions from cars, home heating, fireplaces - any source of carbon. Now if you believe that cars have doubled, doesn't it make sense that emissions have gone up? Now obviously, as vehicle emissions are reduced, their contribution is also reduced. But there will still be more emissions than before the new settlers and their cars arrived.

Nobody - certainly not the 97% scientists - preaches that 100% of the climate change is anthropogenic. There have been large volcanic eruptions that had short term impacts. I live 1,000 miles from Mount St. Helens and there was ash depositing on my car for three days. The atmosphere is like a big ocean. Water doesn't segregate, it mixes. Same with the atmosphere. However, since the industrial revolution and the explosion of automobiles that use carbonaceous fuel, it should be simple to see that they have had an impact on the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. It is inconceivable that humans didn't contribute to increases in greenhouse gas since the industrial revolution. And with the spread of cars and manufacturing in Asia and Africa the position that there are more emissions is obvious.

What does your Fox guy believe is causing the melting of glaciers that have been there for hundreds or even thousands of years?

The interview that was posted was full of half truths; enough truth to make it sound plausible. Sure there are warming and cooling periods. The difference is that most of those periods had limited geographic scope. The current term "global" is a key descriptor of what is going on now. It wasn't hard to see through it if you had some knowledge. I have a lot of experience with atmospheric modeling. I know how they predict. Current models are not nearly the voodoo he suggests.

By the way, I knew and worked with Roger Pielke. Smart guy.

Here's a question anyone is welcome to answer: what is the most prevalent greenhouse gas?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 01:20 PM   #260
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

They are coming HERE because of Galaxial Warming!
Their planets have all frozen and they need our abundance of heat to survive.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #261
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
What does your Fox guy believe is causing the melting of glaciers that have been there for hundreds or even thousands of years?
Believe it or not Ripley, where those glaciers are today was at one time tropical ocean floors.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 01:57 PM   #262
davew

Here's a question anyone is welcome to answer: what is the most prevalent greenhouse gas?

water vapor

What kind of science is intuition based? Do you have any correlation figures between what you imply and what is seen?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #263
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Believe it or not Ripley, where those glaciers are today was at one time tropical ocean floors.
Your lack of real knowledge shows through. Warming during the Medieval Climatic Anomaly was not global. I've mentioned before that there are local/regional events that are not the same as a global event. I'm sure Google has more information.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:21 PM   #264
Greyfox

Quote:
Your lack of real knowledge shows through. Warming during the Medieval Climatic Anomaly was not global. I've mentioned before that there are local/regional events that are not the same as a global event. I'm sure Google has more information.
Medieval?
I think that if we are to understand climate change patterns we have to go much farther back than that. Say a few million years or more?
Old 11-18-2018, 02:23 PM   #265
davew

Quote:
Medieval?
I think that if we are to understand climate change patterns we have to go much farther back than that. Say a few million years or more?
WHAT??? when we have 30 years of satellite data?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 03:07 PM   #266
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Okay then.

Last edited by Tom; 11-18-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #267
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

water vapor

What kind of science is intuition based? Do you have any correlation figures between what you imply and what is seen?
Very good. Only about 1 out of 10 people say that.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:39 PM   #268
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Medieval?
I don't get your point at all. We understand climate change perfectly well. You're being ridiculous.

The Medieval Climatic Anomaly explained Greenland looking green. I remind you that you brought up Greenland.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #269
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Why does anyone suppose that polar ice caps were meant to exist forever? Is it not possible they are part of a natural cycle and meant to advance and retreat over LONG periods of time?

To take a planet that is "alive" and evolving, going through changes for millions of years is supposed to suddenly stop and never change.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:49 PM   #270
Greyfox

Quote:
I remind you that you brought up Greenland.
Huh? Are you confusing another poster's comments for mine?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: