Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-15-2018, 01:23 PM   #241
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I said that I would never consider putting anybody on ignore...I never said that other people couldn't put ME on ignore, if they wanted to. If Tom wants to put me on ignore...why should I deprive him of the opportunity?

PA-Mike accepted my resignation a couple of days ago...and I suspect that I'll be removed from the moderator list any day now.
You can't advocate others to do what you wouldn't....

It's kind of hypocritical don't you think?....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2018, 01:30 PM   #242
thaskalos

I never advocated anything to Tom. He makes up his own mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Well you learn something new every day.
You can't put a moderator on Ignore.

Crap.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2018, 01:39 PM   #243
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
I never advocated anything to Tom. He makes up his own mind.
Tom should have asked me, as I've tried to put PA on ignore numerous times, but it just wouldn't take....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2018, 03:21 PM   #244
Valuist

Quote:
"I am not a Greek...I am a citizen of the world", declared Socrates some 2,400 years ago. And I concur. I travel to Europe on a regular basis...and have never met anyone there who "hates the guts" of the American citizens who are walking the streets. Nor have I met any American citizens who "hate the guts" of their Russian, or French, or British, or Italian, or Greek counterparts. When the citizens of the different countries point the accusing finger at each other's nations, they are blaming GOVERNMENTS...and not the citizens at large.

No one in Europe hates the Americans for placing their country first...for the mere fact that the Europeans themselves ALSO place their countries first. "Nationalism" is hardly a United States phenomenon. It is a WORLDWIDE delusion. Will we ever stop falling for this "fake news" bullshit that the press always parades before us? How different from the Russian, or the French, or the British, or the Italian, or the Greek citizens...do we really think we are?
How different are we? About 180 degrees. Why is it the EU is such a failure? A huge difference alone in philosophies between northern Europe and southern Europe.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2018, 04:06 PM   #245
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
How different are we? About 180 degrees. Why is it the EU is such a failure? A huge difference alone in philosophies between northern Europe and southern Europe.
We were not talking about differences in "philosophy" when I made that comment. An opinion was voiced in this thread that the European citizens "hate the guts" of the Americans...and I argued that this just isn't so. Any animosity between the European citizens and us has to do with our respective governments...and not the citizens at large. We may laugh at a European nation for the president that they elect, and they might act likewise towards us...but there is no real "hatred" going back and forth either way.

Yes...there are obvious differences between the different nations. They speak different languages...and they may even believe in different Gods. But life is difficult for all of us...and we have more in common than what we differ on.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #246
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Sharp reply! Straight to the point!
One more item off my bucket list.
Oh, wait.....wrong list....not my Bucket list.......
Old 11-16-2018, 05:17 PM   #247
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
What focus group?
On Trump TV perhaps? Luntz or Carlson.

How about...

GOP senator says Republicans in 'cult-like situation' with Trump
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/polit...ans/index.html

The GOP Is a Trump Cult, Boasts Donald Trump Jr.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/...-trump-jr.html

Donald Jr. — coincidentally also a manifestly untalented heir to a maniacal authoritarian leader — was asked on the state-news program about the charge that the party has become a Trump cult. He did not exactly deny it. “If it’s a cult,” replied Trump, “it’s because they like what my father is doing.”

The Trump cult
https://www.economist.com/united-sta...the-trump-cult

The Cult of Trump
https://www.gq.com/story/the-cult-of-trump
Oh, I get it...kind of like you guys had with Obama for those 8 years.

I know, I know...you'll tell me how it was "different" back then...

Not only wasn't it different, it was WAY MORE INTENSE, since most of the MEDIA was in on it too...
Give me one example where a democrat referred to Obama's presidency as a "cult", or leading a "cult of personality".

Now to add to the other republicans (including Don jr!.), this very close to the WH domestic squabble.........

'Sold their souls for judges': Kellyanne Conway's husband blasts Trump's GOP as a 'personality cult'
George Conway, the husband of Trump's campaign manager and White House counselor, has renounced the GOP and formed a group to oppose Trump. He explains the decision in a new interview.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...rsonality-cult

Another false equivalency again by famous Chumsters doing idiotic "whataboutisms, without thinking.

Old 11-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #248
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

According to sources, you are babbling nonsense about this.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:11 PM   #249
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Give me one example where a democrat referred to Obama's presidency as a "cult", or leading a "cult of personality".

Now to add to the other republicans (including Don jr!.), this very close to the WH domestic squabble.........

'Sold their souls for judges': Kellyanne Conway's husband blasts Trump's GOP as a 'personality cult'
George Conway, the husband of Trump's campaign manager and White House counselor, has renounced the GOP and formed a group to oppose Trump. He explains the decision in a new interview.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...rsonality-cult

Another false equivalency again by famous Chumsters doing idiotic "whataboutisms, without thinking.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 02:50 AM   #250
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Which is exactly the point!!!! Not a single one of those lil minions that follow Obama would dare get out of line lol.
Your conclusion is drawn from the feeble assumption Obama was a cult leader. Circular and illogical without evidence.

The real question is.....
Why do so many Chumpsters feel embedded to "get out of line"?

Is it perhaps Chumpy's 'cultishness' is so much worse, and stirs so many to object, or is it he just too dumb and unable to stop so many from speaking out.

You Chumpsters when incapable of facing your King's awfulness, resort to what is known as....

Whataboutism (also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument, which in the United States is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 07:27 AM   #251
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Your conclusion is drawn from the feeble assumption Obama was a cult leader. Circular and illogical without evidence.

The real question is.....
Why do so many Chumpsters feel embedded to "get out of line"?

Is it perhaps Chumpy's 'cultishness' is so much worse, and stirs so many to object, or is it he just too dumb and unable to stop so many from speaking out.

You Chumpsters when incapable of facing your King's awfulness, resort to what is known as....

Whataboutism (also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument, which in the United States is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.
Obama definitely had a cult of personality... I've even commented on it here. I wouldn't have listed you as a member but some here yes...

That said Trumps absolutely blows his away... his tweets are straight out of the mouth of Big Brother to his loyal base.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 12:07 PM   #252
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Obama definitely had a cult of personality... I've even commented on it here. I wouldn't have listed you as a member but some here yes...

That said Trumps absolutely blows his away... his tweets are straight out of the mouth of Big Brother to his loyal base.
Strong support and expressing it does not equate with a prominent democrat ever citing Obama as a 'cult figure."

Can you name one?

Btw, when was anyone here acting as a cult member?
Old 11-17-2018, 12:25 PM   #253
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Strong support and expressing it does not equate with a prominent democrat ever citing Obama as a 'cult figure."

Can you name one?

Btw, when was anyone here acting as a cult member?
Every politician has a cult following... there are some on here that were that way with Obama.

They aren't comparable though dude...

People here have literally admitted Trump could shoot someone and they'd say it was the liberals fault for being so mean to him.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #254
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Every politician has a cult following... there are some on here that were that way with Obama.

They aren't comparable though dude...

People here have literally admitted Trump could shoot someone and they'd say it was the liberals fault for being so mean to him.
Yes, it is a matter of degree, but PA claimed an equivalency between prominent republicans calling Truimp a cult figure, and Obma's supporters calling Obama the same.

Just another assholean whataboutism by the Chumpsters desperately trying to dig him and themselves out of a mile deep ditch.

Then again I am glad you have referenced Winston Smith as a meme. Wonder if Eastasia has sailed above the cults' heads?

I think “Who controls the past controls the future" definitely has.
Especially Tom..

Last edited by hcap; 11-17-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #255
Andy Asaro

Macron—Not the Nationalists—is Stuck in the 1930s

It's in Europe's elite that we find the spirit of appeasement that once enabled fascists and communists.

https://www.theamericanconservative....-in-the-1930s/
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: