Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-02-2024, 04:39 PM   #676
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Go hide under your bed, Sparky.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:55 PM   #677
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
My master's degree was in Toxicology.....You don't know what you are talking about that pollution is better. Lead was my area of study and it is now WORSE, even after it was removed from paint and as a anti-knock ingredient in gasoline.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...han-we-thought

quote: According to a new study in the journal Lancet Planetary Health, an estimated 5.455 million adults worldwide died in 2019 from cardiovascular disease (CVD) attributable to lead exposure — a toll more than six times higher than a previous estimate. The study goes on to provide what its authors say are the first monetary estimates of the total global cost of these lead-attributable deaths, along with the magnitude and cost of IQ loss in children under 5 years old.

"Many people believe that with the phase-out of leaded gasoline, the problem was solved," says co-author Ernesto Sánchez-Triana, the global lead for pollution management and circular economy at the World Bank (which funded the study, along with the Korea Green Growth Trust Fund). "What we have shown is that no, the problem is far away from solved."

What year was your master's degree in toxicology earned? I am sure your knowledge, unless you updated is probably about as valuable as the same era's degree in computer science. What you learned in 6 years back then can probably be leaned in 6 months today, combining technological
advances with the what you learned was later on proved to be wrong.

Also your over the top use of medical jargon that you know full well most people here have not studied is your pathetic attempt to appear to have superior intelligence to others here which you don't.

The areas where I have extensive knowledge also have a lot of words people that don't know the field are not familiar with. When I explain something I do not use those words as I can substitute common words and phrases that get the point across. Why don't you do the same thing?

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 04-02-2024 at 04:56 PM.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2024, 05:16 PM   #678
xtb

Quote:
My master's degree was in Toxicology.....You don't know what you are talking about that pollution is better. Lead was my area of study and it is now WORSE, even after it was removed from paint and as a anti-knock ingredient in gasoline.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...han-we-thought

quote: According to a new study in the journal Lancet Planetary Health, an estimated 5.455 million adults worldwide died in 2019 from cardiovascular disease (CVD) attributable to lead exposure — a toll more than six times higher than a previous estimate. The study goes on to provide what its authors say are the first monetary estimates of the total global cost of these lead-attributable deaths, along with the magnitude and cost of IQ loss in children under 5 years old.

"Many people believe that with the phase-out of leaded gasoline, the problem was solved," says co-author Ernesto Sánchez-Triana, the global lead for pollution management and circular economy at the World Bank (which funded the study, along with the Korea Green Growth Trust Fund). "What we have shown is that no, the problem is far away from solved."
So the regions where people have the highest lead in them is South Asia, Middle East and Africa. Find out what they are doing differently and knock it off. With information and technology today, there is no reason for this to be happening, unless someone wants it to happen. People are dying in the US from cardiovascular disease because they eat too many Big Macs, consume too much sugar and sit on the couch watching Netflix all day.
Old 04-02-2024, 05:18 PM   #679
xtb

Quote:
Air and water is much cleaner than 50 years ago. Lead is not the only pollutant. Get a life.
Old 04-02-2024, 05:24 PM   #680
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Wasn't Lake Erie on fire back in the 70s?

To dispute air and water are better today is just plain "zilly."
Old 04-02-2024, 05:25 PM   #681
jimmyb

Zilly = lead head
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2024, 05:36 PM   #682
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Wasn't Lake Erie on fire back in the 70s?

To dispute air and water are better today is just plain "zilly."
Back in the 60's and 70's, Onondaga Lake in Syracuse was the most polluted lake in the world. It was a dead lake and nothing could live in it. I lived near there and the stench was incredible. It's been cleaned up and is now one of the cleanest lakes in the world and is loaded with fish. These eagles think so too.
Old 04-02-2024, 05:41 PM   #683
xtb

I went on a tour boat in the St. Lawrence a few years ago. The tour guide said the water is so clean, most people who live on the islands use it straight out of the river without any filtration. Laws are very strict about polluting.
Old 04-02-2024, 05:52 PM   #684
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

https://www.environmentalcouncil.org...0Great%20Lakes.

Quote:
When Lake Erie – or more exactly the Cuyahoga River which flows into Lake Erie – caught fire in 1969, it ignited a firestorm of public outrage over the indiscriminate dumping of sewage and industrial chemicals into the Great Lakes.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:23 PM   #685
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Dennis Kucinich was Mayor of Cleveland and he caught hell over it

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: