Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 01:43 PM   #121
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 03-05-2017, 12:24 AM   #122
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
At least this cartoon Horus SHOWS UP in the church to talk with you, UNLIKE your whats-ya-ma-call-it, G_d...Adonai....theName....whatever you guys are calling IT now....You know "Christ" is not really Jesus's last name, is it...? It is Jesus "the Christ" Jesus really didn't have a last name now, did he...? How could he, he didn't have a human father...maybe he used Joseph's last name when he was growing up....

I guess he just told everyone that he was adopted....I wonder when Mary told him that he wasn't like other kid's, that, well, well he WAS DIFFERENT...He was God, but then again Mary being a good Jewish mother and all, prolly didn't go around telling too many other folks that her son was God...now would she...? I mean THAT would be kind of blasphemous don't you think.....?
Old 03-05-2017, 01:37 AM   #123
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It's always Jews and sometimes Christians that you go after...but mostly Jews...anyway...I guess you endorse other religions like Islam and Hinduism...you never seem to be critical of them...why is that?

You can't find anything with which to make fun of Islam or Hinduism? And it's not like those two religions don't have lots and lots of followers as well...

You really, really, really don't like Jews or the Jewish religion, do you?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-05-2017 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:50 AM   #124
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

The Canonical Prayer Book of the Mandeans

https://ia801505.us.archive.org/6/it...cal-prayer.pdf
Old 03-05-2017, 02:05 AM   #125
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's always Jews and sometimes Christians that you go after...but mostly Jews...anyway...I guess you endorse other religions like Islam and Hinduism...you never seem to be critical of them...why is that?

You can't find anything with which to make fun of Islam or Hinduism? And it's not like those two religions don't have lots and lots of followers as well...

You really, really, really don't like Jews or the Jewish religion, do you?
There is nothing special about Jews or Christians or Muslims or their monotheistic religion and there is absolutely no valid reason why they should be critical of non-monotheists, but they are...they are human beings, just like the rest of us...the origins of all human religions can be found here on the planet...and yes I am critical of other religions as well, including Islam which I abhor, I am critical of any religion that goes around murdering people in their o so HOLY name, and that includes Communism and Catholicism and Protestantism, and Imperialism and Fascism and Americanism as well....
Old 03-05-2017, 02:40 AM   #126
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

No, not true. ON HERE, you seem to be most critical and dismissive of Judaism...you've still never addressed why that is...

I don't recall you saying one negative thing about Mohammed...but you've got all the names of God in Judaism down pat...including Adonai...which I find odd.

Why do you obsess on Judaism when there are any number of religions to pick on?
Old 03-05-2017, 11:11 AM   #127
HalvOnHorseracing

The name of the thread should be changed to "Two Atheists and a Lunatic Christian."
Old 03-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #128
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
The name of the thread should be changed to "Two Atheists and a Lunatic Christian."
I appreciate a witty insight.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 03-05-2017, 11:48 AM   #129
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
At least this cartoon Horus SHOWS UP in the church to talk with you, UNLIKE your whats-ya-ma-call-it, G_d...Adonai....theName....whatever you guys are calling IT now....You know "Christ" is not really Jesus's last name, is it...? It is Jesus "the Christ" Jesus really didn't have a last name now, did he...? How could he, he didn't have a human father...maybe he used Joseph's last name when he was growing up....

I guess he just told everyone that he was adopted....I wonder when Mary told him that he wasn't like other kid's, that, well, well he WAS DIFFERENT...He was God, but then again Mary being a good Jewish mother and all, prolly didn't go around telling too many other folks that her son was God...now would she...? I mean THAT would be kind of blasphemous don't you think.....?
I assume you didn't like the cartoon. I am like Actor in a way. I want peer reviewed documentation to support claims about the source of origination for specific religions. Something Actor himself does not follow on most of the claims he makes about Jesus.

Thank you for trying to enlighten me about Jesus' last name. I am fully aware that "Christ" is a title, as in Christ Jesus or Jesus the Christ.
George Washington
Old 03-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #130
boxcar

Quote:
Thank you for trying to enlighten me about Jesus' last name. I am fully aware that "Christ" is a title, as in Christ Jesus or Jesus the Christ.
But you could have enlightened Vigs with an explanation of what the title "Christ" means and the origin of the term.

Question: "What does Christ mean?"

Answer: To the surprise of some, “Christ” is not Jesus’ last name (surname). “Christ” comes from the Greek word Christos, meaning “anointed one” or “chosen one.” This is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word Mashiach, or “Messiah.” “Jesus” is the Lord’s human name given to Mary by the angel Gabriel (Luke 1:31). “Christ” is His title, signifying Jesus was sent from God to be a King and Deliverer (see Daniel 9:25; Isaiah 32:1). “Jesus Christ” means “Jesus the Messiah” or “Jesus the Anointed One.”

In ancient Israel, when someone was given a position of authority, oil was poured on his head to signify his being set apart for God’s service (e.g., 1 Samuel 10:1). Kings, priests, and prophets were anointed in such fashion. Anointing was a symbolic act to indicate God’s choosing (e.g., 1 Samuel 24:6). Although the literal meaning of anointed refers to the application of oil, it can also refer to one’s consecration by God, even if literal oil is not used (Hebrews 1:9).

https://www.gotquestions.org/what-does-Christ-mean.html
Old 03-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #131
boxcar

Quote:
I appreciate a witty insight.
You're confusing depression for wittiness. HOH was having another one of his acute low self-esteem attacks.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:30 PM   #132
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I assume you didn't like the cartoon. I am like Actor in a way. I want peer reviewed documentation to support claims about the source of origination for specific religions. Something Actor himself does not follow on most of the claims he makes about Jesus.
What claims have I made about Jesus?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:36 PM   #133
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
And let another show begin...
Old 03-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #134
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Regarding his existence, Jesus mythicists.
George Washington
Old 03-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #135
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And let another show begin...
There is no show. Mythicisim is not accepted by accredited mainstream historians and/or theologians.

You should know this and when he quoted their works, you could have told him to apply the burden of peer review to his sources, like he applies to you.
George Washington
Closed Thread