Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-26-2018, 09:47 PM   #31
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMONT 6-6-09 View Post
I wish these handicappers would stick with singling out strong value selections that a handicapper can use in his own selections for the exotics, instead of the endless losing P3/P4/P5 losers.
They are there really to encourage wagering, you see very little talk about value and takeout discussions. Really its a lot of generalizations and it does make sense to me, there goal is to get people to bet, not discourage it in any way. Saying there is no value play in this race is probably a quick way to get fired.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2018, 07:26 AM   #32
camourous

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCat View Post
More like TVG has done an exceptional job of showing the viewers how to go broke with there endless selections of pick 4-5-6's Not to mention they do a piss poor job of showing races live even though they have 2 channels.
They have 2 channels and yesterday they had the same content on both channels, and had to show most of the races on tape delay since they can't show a live race if it runs within 15 minutes of a Santa Anita post parade or race
camourous is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2018, 10:46 AM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
They are there really to encourage wagering, you see very little talk about value and takeout discussions. Really its a lot of generalizations and it does make sense to me, there goal is to get people to bet, not discourage it in any way. Saying there is no value play in this race is probably a quick way to get fired.
TVG is the horse-racing equivalent of the Ginsu Knife informercials.

I keep waiting for Matt to make his selections and then shout out, "But Wait! there's more!"
Old 04-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #34
upthecreek

Bredar & Schrupp denied press credentials

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/t...-caton-bredar/
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2018, 12:40 PM   #35
NJ Stinks

Here's what Todd Schrupp did for me during the Keeneland meet. Each race he was a part of (thankfully, it seemed like he came on after 3:00pm in the East), I had to hit the mute button with a minute to post. Because as we all know ad nauseum, this is where the huckster turns his huckstering into overdrive. There is just no excuse for TVG to allow this garbage to go on year after year.

Seriously, does TVG want people like me to be glad the Keeneland meet is over? If that's the goal, it's working.

One more point about the huckster. During the meet I'm watching TVG and almost everybody at Keeneland is wearing coats. Not long sleeve shirts - coats. Todd exclaims what a"gorgeous day" it is. The next day it really was a nice day weather-wise and Todd gushes about what a "gorgeous day" it is.

Old 04-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #36
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I heard CD relented about denying Caton.
Anyone verify this?

NJ, I remember Matt on year, at KEE, basically attacking young woman with an ice cream cone!
Old 04-29-2018, 03:26 PM   #37
upthecreek

It's true

Old 04-29-2018, 03:48 PM   #38
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Here's what Todd Schrupp did for me during the Keeneland meet. Each race he was a part of (thankfully, it seemed like he came on after 3:00pm in the East), I had to hit the mute button with a minute to post. Because as we all know ad nauseum, this is where the huckster turns his huckstering into overdrive. There is just no excuse for TVG to allow this garbage to go on year after year.

Seriously, does TVG want people like me to be glad the Keeneland meet is over? If that's the goal, it's working.

One more point about the huckster. During the meet I'm watching TVG and almost everybody at Keeneland is wearing coats. Not long sleeve shirts - coats. Todd exclaims what a"gorgeous day" it is. The next day it really was a nice day weather-wise and Todd gushes about what a "gorgeous day" it is.

Huh? Guy is wearing a coat and that somehow bothers you? There are a lot of things that bug me about this game but the minute I start worrying about what a TVG host is wearing in relationship to the temperature I've got real problems.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:21 PM   #39
upthecreek

TVG/VSIN Derby Special

Old 04-29-2018, 05:26 PM   #40
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
Huh? Guy is wearing a coat and that somehow bothers you? There are a lot of things that bug me about this game but the minute I start worrying about what a TVG host is wearing in relationship to the temperature I've got real problems.

The point was most people at Keeneland were wearing coats that day and Todd says it's a gorgeous day at Keeneland. It bothers me that he missed his calling with Barnum & Bailey.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:17 PM   #41
metro

So, at Gulfstream they are off the turf for the first couple of races that were scheduled for grass, Carothers is going over the horses he likes in the 4th (originally scheduled for turf) as they are clearly loading into the gate on dirt, never acknowledging the surface change.....after the race (Carothers)..."once again taken off the turf for race 4."
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 03:03 PM   #42
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I like that they have Todd sitting in the rian OFFSITE at Keeneland!

But compared to NBC, TVG is outstanding today.
Stupid people wearing stupid hats and talking about fashion trending.
What a total waste of air time.

Take the contract away from the Home and Gardens Network and give to a SPORTS network ( but NOT ESPN!!!!)
Old 05-05-2018, 03:21 PM   #43
Marshall Bennett

NBC needs a fresh face to replace Jerry Bailey who is flat-out boring.
You're right Tom. NBC fills time between other races on card with garbage. At least TVG has other racing and if need be, they use racing related material to fill gaps.
Btw, I like Vino Rosso #18 in derby at 15-1.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #44
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I m using and in my exotics.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:48 PM   #45
upthecreek

For the Vic S fans

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: