Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-04-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
ZippyChippy423
Veteran

suspicious race #1 Saratoga final race day

The connections ( about 20 family, friends etc)of Fly Away Birdie were all waiting inside winners circle area before race even took off. It wasnt like the horse was a 1/5 favorite to win ,the horse was second choice in odds. At the very least a tacky thing to do and Saratoga should not allow it. So this all makes it very suspicious and maybe the race was fixed.
ZippyChippy423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #2
sour grapes
Veteran

yes take away their license,did they have tin foil hats on too?
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2018, 08:44 AM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Come on, where are they supposed to wait, the 3rd floor of the clubhouse? Out by the spring?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2018, 08:52 AM   #4
ZippyChippy423
Veteran

No you dont get it. They were all inside the winners circle
area. What about all of the other connections of the other horses in the race? BTW this was the first time i have ever seen any connections in the winners
circle prior to start of race at TOGA. Shady to say the least. Oh and i loved the horse to win and singled in my pick 5 but still shady.
ZippyChippy423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2018, 09:50 AM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The Power of Positive Thinking at work!
Old 09-04-2018, 10:30 AM   #6
wisconsin

Well Casse's wife, Tina, was the owner. They knew the horse was good. That's why they shipped it in. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #7
AskinHaskin

Next thing you know, this guy won't allow various hangers-on and remotely-tangent, potential winner's circle guests to comb their hair prior to a race (as is the long-time tradition relating to jinxing the chances of any particular horse in any particular race).

And hey, when this guy's in charge maybe horse owners with physical disabilities will no longer be allowed to watch the races in which they have a horse going, very near to the winner's circle just in case...

(that'll keep the area clear for the Stoopers to reign once again)
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #8
AltonKelsey
Veteran

I'm just sorry he's revealed one of the best edges in the game.

14 for the last 16 , 3.55 roi
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2018, 04:29 PM   #9
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyChippy423 View Post
No you dont get it. They were all inside the winners circle
area. What about all of the other connections of the other horses in the race? BTW this was the first time i have ever seen any connections in the winners
circle prior to start of race at TOGA. Shady to say the least. Oh and i loved the horse to win and singled in my pick 5 but still shady.
Ah HAH. So you were in on it!! Just curious where were you standing when the race was running?

Old 09-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #10
Zydeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
I'm just sorry he's revealed one of the best edges in the game.

14 for the last 16 , 3.55 roi
That is funny!
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2018, 05:09 PM   #11
biggestal99

I remember the time I was standing near Arlington park’s winners circle. All the others stood away. But I was ready. 9-2 third choice. Bang sits the golden trip on the wood behind quitting speed. Rails opens up like the Red Sea and mark Guidry urges her on. I climbed the winners circle fence that day. Everyone around me was thinking who is that crazy man. I was first into the winners circle that day.

So no didn’t go into the winners circle ahead of time.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2018, 05:31 PM   #12
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The Power of Positive Thinking at work!
I must be doing it wrong then. When I get first in line so I can be the first to collect as the horses are still running the race...my selection never finishes in the money.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #13
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I must be doing it wrong then. When I get first in line so I can be the first to collect as the horses are still running the race...my selection never finishes in the money.
Once upon a time I owned a horse running at Golden Gate. Can still remember his name. Captain Skyhawk. Trained by Steve Myadi. I was standing near the jocks room watching the race with my partner on TV. He was 1-2 and ten in front turning for home. Bart Snyder aboard.My partner says "lets go to the winners circle" I turned and started walking to my car.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:58 PM   #14
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Once upon a time I owned a horse running at Golden Gate. Can still remember his name. Captain Skyhawk. Trained by Steve Myadi. I was standing near the jocks room watching the race with my partner on TV. He was 1-2 and ten in front turning for home. Bart Snyder aboard.My partner says "lets go to the winners circle" I turned and started walking to my car.
So did your horse win or not..?
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2018, 12:34 AM   #15
chenoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyChippy423 View Post
The connections ( about 20 family, friends etc)of Fly Away Birdie were all waiting inside winners circle area before race even took off. It wasnt like the horse was a 1/5 favorite to win ,the horse was second choice in odds. At the very least a tacky thing to do and Saratoga should not allow it. So this all makes it very suspicious and maybe the race was fixed.
Happens in Harness Racing all the time.

SOMEBODY ALWAYS KNOWS!!!!