Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-16-2017, 07:05 PM   #91
Frost king

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Berger must crave attention. No way this happens. Why do you read that dude Hoofed?
He has been an idiot ever since I went to high school with him.
Frost king is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 10:27 PM   #92
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost king View Post
He has been an idiot ever since I went to high school with him.
He’s giving Steve Simmons a run for his money.

I guess after that win we are now trading Auston Matthews, that settles it, f-him, who needs him!

Hee-Haw!
HoofedInTheChest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 10:30 PM   #93
HoofedInTheChest

Willie!

Andersen was an absolute wall tonight, he played one hell of a game, and didn’t Hall look bad on that fly by on Nylander! Hall played a good game but he gave up on that play...... cool!

Arizona – 5
Montreal – 4

Old 11-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #94
HoofedInTheChest

Leafs hit the quarter-pole last night with a 13-7 record, they were 8-8-4 at the same point last year. Team is 5-0 in overtime/shootout games so far, club ended last season 8-23 in games beyond regulation, we have 0 loser points so far.

Matthews and Leafs not ready to commit to his participation tomorrow night. Looks like a game time decision after skating in another full practice today. Babcock says Matthews will be assessed by the medical staff today and tomorrow and a decision for his status vs. Montreal will be decided after morning skate.

*Fingers crossed for Antti Niemi*
Old 11-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #95
HoofedInTheChest

I wonder where the revenue is coming from?

Old 11-18-2017, 03:20 PM   #96
MutuelClerk

IMO the salary cap will be no more after the next contract.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2017, 11:24 PM   #97
HoofedInTheChest

Oh man, i can’t stop laughing.

Montreal honoring the Original 6 teams by giving up one goal for each of them.

I would love to know how Weber got away with being the second man in, he should have gotten a game misconduct for that, 2 Habs with their gloves off, c’mon man, brutal call by the zebras.

That last snipe by Matthews was absolutely nasty, he’s back!

Old 11-19-2017, 11:01 AM   #98
MutuelClerk

Matthews Marner Martin i like that line. I also like Willie with Naz. Speaking of Naz the hit on him i thought he embelished a bit hoping for a call. He was pissed off!!! You could see something was gonna happen. GREAT win last night. Keep the streak alive. GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2017, 12:55 PM   #99
HoofedInTheChest

Unreal.....

Old 11-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #100
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
Yowsers!!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2017, 11:20 PM   #101
MutuelClerk

I believe the Canes come to town this week. Don't let them leave without trading for a d-man Lou. They are the PERFECT trade partner for us.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:40 AM   #102
HoofedInTheChest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
I believe the Canes come to town this week. Don't let them leave without trading for a d-man Lou. They are the PERFECT trade partner for us.
We are in Carolina on Friday, but i agree, i've had enough of Gardiner and his low hockey IQ.

The Leafs and Rangers have been scouting each other for the past week, things that make you go hmmmm.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #103
woodtoo

Winnipeg hosting Nashville tonite coming off a 7 for 8 November so far.
The whole team has been playing as good as it gets lately but begin a grueling
21 games in 37 days stretch. Hang in and stay healthy guys!!
GO JETS!!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #104
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofedInTheChest View Post
I usually don't put too much stock in statistics like these. It is a pet-peeve of mine because it often involves a significant element of an apples to oranges comparison. Significantly older players are disadvantaged with this specific factoid because of more recent rules changes that favor the offense, a league that has more teams which dilutes the average talent level, etc.

As an avid Caps fan, I have the same problem with Braden Holtby, who is now the 2nd fastest goalie to reach 200 WINS. Now that EVERY game has a winner, achieving higher win totals is a lot easier vs. the older days when perhaps as many as 10% of games resulted in ties. Maybe making a comparison of Regulation Wins would be more meaningful, but even then the strategy in the 3rd period of a tied game today is going to be different.

Please do not take this as a criticism of you HoofedInTheChest because you posted this. I just wanted to point out that many of these factoids are off the mark when they "imply" that one player is better than another with regard to a particular aspect.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #105
MutuelClerk

Ok, vent time. The Leafs are starting games to slow. Maybe were reading our own headlines. The attitude seems to be don't you know who we are? Well, teams do know and when they play in Ontario against the Leafs with friends and family watching these teams bring their A games. Maybe we should too for sixty minutes.

D-men. Jake and Carrick. I really thought Carrick was coming on last season. He competed hard and was muscle for us. Something is missing this year. Jake=enigma. Sometimes the best player on the ice but often just lost. Consistency. Please. Morgan Rielly seems to be developing into the player he was drafted to be.

Forwards. Our strength. Back checking a little more would help. It's really fun to watch watch Matthews and Marner together. I'd like to see more of it. I also like Kadri and Nylander together. Kadri is an underrated strength of our team. Takes on the other teams best forward and is still very effective offensively not to mention a pain in the ass to play against. He's come a long way. Dominic Moore hasn't been all that great for us. When the Goat is 100% bring him back. I know Babcock doesn't want to play Marleau at center but damn when he does we are very strong down the middle. We need to trade from our forward depth and maybe even overpay to acquire a top defense men.

Goalie. Freddy might start slow but he's very. very good. No complaints.

Our record is really good. I believe we will make the playoffs and hopefully win a round or three. The Leafs are in new territory. Talented and expectations. Management needs to be strong with these young kids. Keep them focused.

Hoofed, one of the few hockey things we disagree is the Yotes. I think they will be pretty good in the not so distant future. Keller is a beast. Watched him a lot around here as a junior. I'm glad he's shooting more. Always thought he passed too much. Sometimes being selfish is good when you have talent like he does. Ok, off my high horse. Thanks for reading. Hoofed your thoughts?

Last edited by MutuelClerk; 11-21-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: