Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
NJ Stinks

Allen West Has Plenty Of Time For Tea Parties

Proving money can't buy you everything, West finally conceded in Florida this morning. This guy raised and spent over $17M in trying to get re-elected to Congress - actually outspending his victorious Democratic foe by a 4 to 1 margin.

I'd say goodbye and good riddance but you just have to believe the party of Michelle Bachman will find or construct some district in this country where West can win. In the meantime....

From the New York Daily News website:

Allen West finally concedes defeat in Florida congressional race two weeks after election

The outspoken Tea Party-backed Republican trailed his opponent by more than 2,000 votes after latest expanded recount.

By Kristen A. Lee / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 9:25 AM

Florida Rep. Allen West, the Tea Party-backed Republican whose fiery rhetoric made waves during his single term in Congress, conceded his seat to Democrat Patrick Murphy on Tuesday, acknowledging that contesting the election was unlikely to lead to his victory.

"For two weeks since Election Day, we have been working to ensure every vote is counted accurately and fairly. We have made progress towards that goal, thanks to the dedication of our supporters and their unrelenting efforts to protect the integrity of the democratic process. While many questions remain unanswered, today I am announcing that I will take no further action to contest the outcome of this election,” West said in a statement provided to WPTV in West Palm Beach.

“While a contest of the election results might have changed the vote totals, we do not have evidence that the outcome would change,” he added.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...#ixzz2CmN35LCs
Old 11-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The result of this contest is pure racism in action. From the actual voting itself, to the racists who were doing the recount and making sure this black man is kept down...

Racist Democrats in action...the lot of them down there...

Florida is still considered "the south" is it not? No wonder a black man lost down there....

Disgusting!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

It is time for the republicans to once again free the slaves!
We cannot tolerate this wanton racism from the left.

Swing ow, sweet chariot......
Old 11-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Alan West is going to make so much money on the speaking tour that he won't care.

They changed the boundaries of the district to go after him. And barely beat him.

They just elected the guy who wa arrested drunk in a bar while West was fighting in Iraq. You get the government you deserve
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
The result of this contest is pure racism in action. From the actual voting itself, to the racists who were doing the recount and making sure this black man is kept down...

Racist Democrats in action...the lot of them down there...

Florida is still considered "the south" is it not? No wonder a black man lost down there....

Disgusting!
The results of that election had nothing to do with race and everything to do with stupidity. Allen West's stupidity. This is the clown who said that 78 to 81 of the democrats in the house were communists. He called Debbie Wasserman Schultz vile, disgusting, a coward and not a lady. And that was just the tip of Allen West iceberg. The voters of Florida's 18th district saw West for what he was and rejected his wacko views. Any who thinks this is a matter of racism is dumber than a box of rocks.

Interesting that Murphy's lead actually increased as a result of the recount.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
The results of that election had nothing to do with race and everything to do with stupidity. Allen West's stupidity. This is the clown who said that 78 to 81 of the democrats in the house were communists. He called Debbie Wasserman Schultz vile, disgusting, a coward and not a lady. And that was just the tip of Allen West iceberg.
Ah what the hell, here's some more iceberg..

http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...nts/?mobile=nc
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
He called Debbie Wasserman Schultz vile, disgusting, a coward and not a lady.
He was kind to that lying pig.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Those 16 reasons - every one of them is why I supported him.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
They changed the boundaries of the district to go after him. And barely beat him.
You are even more out of touch than PA. Redistricting is done by state legislatures. In 2010 the Florida Senate had 28 Republican members and 12 Democratic members. The House was 81 to 39 in favor of the Republicans.
Republicans changed the boundaries of the district to protect West and he still lost.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
lsbets

Quote:
You are even more out of touch than PA. Redistricting is done by state legislatures. In 2010 the Florida Senate had 28 Republican members and 12 Democratic members. The House was 81 to 39 in favor of the Republicans.
Republicans changed the boundaries of the district to protect West and he still lost.
I know nothing about the district or how it was redrawn, but I do remember reading that tea party groups felt the district had been purposely redrawn to get rid of west, who the Florida party views as a loud mouth pain in the ass. Obviously I read that way before this election, so there could be some merit to what Ralph said. Usually there is some level of deals cut during redistricting to protect senior members of both parties. It's the establishment looking out for itself first and foremost. I could easily see the establishment in Florida wanting to get rid of west, can't you?
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
TrifectaMike

Quote:
True, 28 Republicans, but we know they are racist and couldn't stand the black man.

Mike (Dr Beav)
TrifectaMike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Hey jerk, if you want to illustrate someone being out of touch, look in the mirror. As usual you are flying by the seat of your pants and totally wrong.

I never said "who" went after him. Btw, I knew it was his own party. Fire up your magical google machine. Only about a million pieces covering this over the last year.

https://www.google.com/search?q=alle...w=1024&bih=644

And this more recently
http://www.worldmag.com/2012/11/redistricting_rout

Oh, and btw, PA's post was obvious sarcasm and you once again don't get it.

Last edited by JustRalph; 11-20-2012 at 02:37 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
I know nothing about the district or how it was redrawn, but I do remember reading that tea party groups felt the district had been purposely redrawn to get rid of west, who the Florida party views as a loud mouth pain in the ass. Obviously I read that way before this election, so there could be some merit to what Ralph said. Usually there is some level of deals cut during redistricting to protect senior members of both parties. It's the establishment looking out for itself first and foremost. I could easily see the establishment in Florida wanting to get rid of west, can't you?
That is a plausible explanation, and one which I had not considered. Yes I can see them wanting to get rid of West.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Those 16 reasons - every one of them is why I supported him.
And don't think democrats don't appreciate it.
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #15
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Hey jerk, if you want to illustrate someone being out of touch, look in the mirror. As usual you are flying by the seat of your pants and totally wrong.

I never said "who" went after him. Btw, I knew it was his own party. Fire up your magical google machine. Only about a million pieces covering this over the last year.

https://www.google.com/search?q=alle...w=1024&bih=644

And this more recently
http://www.worldmag.com/2012/11/redistricting_rout

Oh, and btw, PA's post was obvious sarcasm and you once again don't get it.
Right, you never said who went after West, but in a thread about the defeat of a Republican by a Democrat you should have. Because you were too lazy to write a few extra words, one could only assume that you thought Democrats redistricted West out of his seat. Sorry that I do not pay any attention to Tea Party talking points.

Regarding PA's post, it is difficult to identify sarcasm in print-that's why we have this icon- With the surfeit of charges of racism against liberals on this board, it is hardly surprising that I would take PA literally. You have not fully convinced me that I am wrong.