Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
lamboguy

2016 election odds

H. Clinton 6-1

M. Rubio 10-1

J. Bush 13-1

C. Christie 13-1

P. Ryan 12-1
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
FantasticDan
gelding

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...-the-white-orb

01:50
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
horses4courses

Way too soon

See you in around 3 years..........
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
See you in around 3 years..........
we lost a few key guys on this board because they listened to polls instead of real lines on the last go.

this time around, everyone will be well aware of what is going on ahead of time.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
H. Clinton 6-1

M. Rubio 10-1

J. Bush 13-1

C. Christie 13-1

P. Ryan 12-1
Hmmm... YOU are relentless!

On these picks, Hilary is four year older than me, making her a candidate at what? 68? Her above average peformance as SOS was fine, but she's not in the Top Tier of Superstars like Kissinger, Rusk and Baker.Her time was snatching defeat from the jaws of victory against Obama 4 years ago.

Rubio. At least odds on to win, especially if he gets the Republican Party on side with Illegal Immigration and he brings a critical large state into both play and victory. Young, intelligent, articulate, intelligent and with the requisite good family background.

Jeb. Hmmm.. the SMART son. Coulda, shoulda, woulda... He'll be in his early 60s and is a moderate version, who is in favour of changing the landscape on Immigration, right? Down side is 3 Bushes and you're out. If there was no Rubio, would have shot... but there is.

Christie? Et tu Brute? Not a chance, although I find Christie refreshingly candid and open on almost any subject.

Von Ryan. I don't discount his smarts, but his extreme positions are too much for being voted Prezzie. Really, it depends on whether Obama + Congress get the economy turned around. If it is, Ryan has less of a shot.

Others

It's an odd inversion, really. The Dems have proven, with the Obama playbook, that they are the party of a winning coalition majority of women, minorities, young people and urbanites. Their problem is that, aside from the President, they have waaaaay too many fossils in critical positions ( Pelosi & Reid, being the 2 focal points). Their young stars are now apprenticing, aside from Cuomo, Van Hollen & Julian Castro. They appear out of star candidates in 2016.

As for the Republicans? They've already trashed the whacko end of the continuum losers & the incomparably stupid (Perry) in this year's Republican primary.

On the plus side, they've got plenty of upcoming young stars in addition to those mentioned above. I'd consider Govs. Daniels, Gin-Doll, Haley & Walker in the mix along with Ted Cruz.

All of these need to nuance any national message to contest the future dominated by the Democratic coalition of voters.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
Hmmm... YOU are relentless!

On these picks, Hilary is four year older than me, making her a candidate at what? 68? Her above average peformance as SOS was fine, but she's not in the Top Tier of Superstars like Kissinger, Rusk and Baker.Her time was snatching defeat from the jaws of victory against Obama 4 years ago.

Rubio. At least odds on to win, especially if he gets the Republican Party on side with Illegal Immigration and he brings a critical large state into both play and victory. Young, intelligent, articulate, intelligent and with the requisite good family background.

Jeb. Hmmm.. the SMART son. Coulda, shoulda, woulda... He'll be in his early 60s and is a moderate version, who is in favour of changing the landscape on Immigration, right? Down side is 3 Bushes and you're out. If there was no Rubio, would have shot... but there is.

Christie? Et tu Brute? Not a chance, although I find Christie refreshingly candid and open on almost any subject.

Von Ryan. I don't discount his smarts, but his extreme positions are too much for being voted Prezzie. Really, it depends on whether Obama + Congress get the economy turned around. If it is, Ryan has less of a shot.

Others

It's an odd inversion, really. The Dems have proven, with the Obama playbook, that they are the party of a winning coalition majority of women, minorities, young people and urbanites. Their problem is that, aside from the President, they have waaaaay too many fossils in critical positions ( Pelosi & Reid, being the 2 focal points). Their young stars are now apprenticing, aside from Cuomo, Van Hollen & Julian Castro. They appear out of star candidates in 2016.

As for the Republicans? They've already trashed the whacko end of the continuum losers & the incomparably stupid (Perry) in this year's Republican primary.

On the plus side, they've got plenty of upcoming young stars in addition to those mentioned above. I'd consider Govs. Daniels, Gin-Doll, Haley & Walker in the mix along with Ted Cruz.

All of these need to nuance any national message to contest the future dominated by the Democratic coalition of voters.
WOW!! Don't let this scare you off your analysis, but I agree with you 100%. That is a pretty damn good job of handicapping the field.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
lamboguy

i only listed the top 5 contenders. as big of a favorite that Hillary is, the democrats don't have anyone in the top 10 after her. if she doesn't run the democrats are in big trouble. the next on the list is Cuomo and he is not that strong.

these bets are like futures bets in horses for the Kentucky Derby, if your horse doesn't start you lose. i warn you about that because you are getting 6-1 with Hillary which looks like a lock if she runs, but a lot can happen in 4 years.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
hcap

What about Sarah?

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,1525685.story
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Marco Rubio gave a speech in Iowa last night and set a fund raising record

"And they're off!"
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
horses4courses

I did get a chuckle going down the list of possibles and their odds, though.
Ladbroke's of London win the irony prize for quoting Nate Silver @ 538-1
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
I did get a chuckle going down the list of possibles and their odds, though.
Ladbroke's of London win the irony prize for quoting Nate Silver @ 538-1

Pretty good and way ahead of Rove at 538,000-1!
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #12
HUSKER55

I take it you aren't even going to bet $2.

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What are the odds we have a country left after 4 more years of continual failure?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #14
HUSKER55

they gave Rove some odds.....so I am guessing they think we will still be here. ok,...ok...not great odds but odds never the less

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2012, 05:37 PM   #15
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
What are the odds we have a country left after 4 more years of continual failure?
The country is bigger than Obama. We will survive. Hunker down is my motto
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: