Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R
Drop dead.
Wow man...touchy...

Maybe you should go back to regaling us with your anti-Semitic prose...that's always good for some lightheartedness

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-20-2012 at 04:43 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
So much for "freedom of speech"...
First off, freedom of speech is only guaranteed by the US Gov't. Not by private enterprise.

If you send a letter to the editor of any major newspaper or online organization, you are not guaranteed that it will be printed publicly.

Privately owned establishments (like this one) have no obligation to provide you with free speech. We have no obligation legally or otherwise to allow you to say whatever it is that you please.

The US Gov't is the only organization that legally can not infringe on your right to free speech.

Now, with that said, where is this massive lack of free speech you keep alluding to around here? Who is being muzzled? Who is being stopped from imparting their profound wisdom upon us at this very moment?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #18
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Now, with that said, where is this massive lack of free speech you keep alluding to around here? Who is being muzzled? Who is being stopped from imparting their profound wisdom upon us at this very moment?
I think it was more along the lines of subtle critique of the old "hey, if you don't have nothin' nice to say about the USA, then don't offend those of us that believe strongly in what America stands for!" routine.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #19
thaskalos

Quote:
First off, freedom of speech is only guaranteed by the US Gov't. Not by private enterprise.

If you send a letter to the editor of any major newspaper or online organization, you are not guaranteed that it will be printed publicly.

Privately owned establishments (like this one) have no obligation to provide you with free speech. We have no obligation legally or otherwise to allow you to say whatever it is that you please.

The US Gov't is the only organization that legally can not infringe on your right to free speech.

Where did you see me "keep on alluding" that free speech is being muzzled "around here"? This is a ridiculous comment for you to make...IMO.

About as absurd as your comment that Steve R is engaging in anti-Semitism...just because of a few critical remarks against Israel.

Am I wrong...or has Steve R already stated that he is Jewish?

Can't a Jewish person criticize Israel for legitimate reasons...without him being labeled an anti-Semite?

Noam Chomsky says the same things as Steve R...and he is also Jewish.

Does that make him an anti-Semite too?

And you accuse others of being "too touchy"...

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-20-2012 at 05:13 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Oh, I get it.

Let me put on my thaskalos mask.

Hey, thaskalos (this is now me acting as you), I guess it's now OK to go and tell other members on here to DROP DEAD when I don't agree with what they say.

Good to know!

Don't act as if my "touchy" comment had to do with something other than his DROP DEAD comment...it did not. It was solely based on that.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-20-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
About as absurd as your comment that Steve R is engaging in anti-Semitism...just because of a few critical remarks against Israel.

I don't care what Steve R has revealed about his ancestry. His comments speak otherwise. ABSURD comments I might add.

A FEW critical remarks? HAH...that's a laugh riot.

And they weren't critical remarks. They were rather grotesque accusations and distortions, if indeed you know anything about the truth.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #22
lsbets

Quote:
Where did you see me "keep on alluding" that free speech is being muzzled "around here"? This is a ridiculous comment for you to make...IMO.

Can't a Jewish person criticize Israel for legitimate reasons...without him being labeled an anti-Semite?

Noam Chomsky says the same things as Steve R...and he is also Jewish.

Does that make him an anti-Semite too?

And you accuse others of being "too touchy"...
Steve r might be of Jewish descent, but there is not a damned thing about him that is Jewish. He repeats all the same crap in the same words that you find on the worst anti semetic sites out there.

Steve is the lowest of the low, and if I ever had the pleasure of meeting him I would gladly help him do what he suggested another poster here do. History has shown there is no place in the world for people like him.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #23
thaskalos

Quote:

Don't act as if my "touchy" comment had to do with something other than his DROP DEAD comment...it did not. It was solely based on that.
And what did your reply to me have to do with?

Do I really "keep on" accusing you of muzzling free speech around here?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #24
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
Steve is the lowest of the low, and if I ever had the pleasure of meeting him I would gladly help him do what he suggested another poster here do. History has shown there is no place in the world for people like him.
Yikes!
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
And what did your reply to me have to do with?

Do I really "keep on" accusing you of muzzling free speech around here?
This is not the first time you have brought up the subject of free speech around here.

I give everyone ample opportunity to prove what an idiot they are...even myself...that's about as free as it gets, don't you think?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #26
Moniker

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R
Drop dead.
You prove yourself as ignorant as your statements.
Moniker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #27
thaskalos

Quote:
This is not the first time you have brought up the subject of free speech around here.

I give everyone ample opportunity to prove what an idiot they are...even myself...that's about as free as it gets, don't you think?
I've never accused you of preventing free speech from being expressed here.

I have, however, often criticized you for taking the wrong side in arguments...
Old 11-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #28
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Yikes!
When the Jews fought back in the Warsaw ghetto, they executed those Jews who were nazi collaborators. What Steve has posted has not been "criticism" of Israel, it has been verifiable falsehoods designed to spread hate and found on any number of neo nazi sites. He is no different than the collaborators who were killed in the ghetto. He carries on the legacy of the worst of humanity.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #29
Moniker

Quote:
I've never accused you of preventing free speech from being expressed here.

I have, however, often criticized you for taking the wrong side in arguments...
Presently he is arguing against a foolish hate monger. I see he along with just about everyone else on this forum did the same in the discussion about Israel when Steve R began regaling us with comparisons to nazi germany. So tell me, by defending his country against out landish lies about supporting fascism, is he on the wrong side of these arguments?
Moniker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #30
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
So what you're saying is, if you ever met Steve, you would try and kill him. Right? Is this kind of threat in within the PA rules?
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply