Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #166
lamboguy

i have thought about this thread now since it began. i woke up at 4 this morning and turned on Fox News and saw a very mad O'Reilly crying out loud that the democrats bought this election. he had 2 people on that disagreed with him and all he did was yell at him. first of all i really think its tough for a republican to win because of people like O'Reilly and other Fox News personality's pumping their party all day long. that station is scaring real republicans away from voting for a republican candidate. more important, the republican's are not playing the geography game correctly by nominating the least likely candidates to do well due to geography.

looking ahead at the top 4 republican candidates for 2016, the one that has the very best chance to win an election against any democrat would be Paul Ryan. i have no idea if the republican party would even dare to chance it on him. there are other guys that would stand a shot that are not in the top 5 that could do very well. the country is going to need a good candidate from the republican partly like oxygen next time around.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 02:27 PM   #167
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
...best chance to win an election against any democrat would be Paul Ryan. ...

How do you figure? You might as well run Romney again. He's already guilty by association and represents pushing old people off a cliff, not caring about hispanohablantes and telling women what to do with their coochie. After reading the first 90% of your post, I'm amazed that this was the conclusion.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #168
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
How do you figure? You might as well run Romney again. He's already guilty by association and represents pushing old people off a cliff, not caring about hispanohablantes and telling women what to do with their coochie. After reading the first 90% of your post, I'm amazed that this was the conclusion.
if you look back at my post you will see that i stressed the word geography. PauL Ryan comes from the center of the country. if you look back at the last 6 elections, the winner has come from a state somewhere in the middle of the country.

the only reason i mentioned Paul Ryan was that he is one of the leaders of the pack right now. Rob Portman is not that far behind, he would make a great candidate as well.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #169
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
if you look back at my post you will see that i stressed the word geography. PauL Ryan comes from the center of the country. if you look back at the last 6 elections, the winner has come from a state somewhere in the middle of the country.

But Ryan didn't even carry his own state. Either way, if I had to guess - it will be a woman, an hispanic, or a black. That's the direction the GOP pundits seem to think they need to head towards - worry secondarily about policy and platform and do whatever it takes to neuter the "angry white guy" stereotype that the Dems want to contort every issue into.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #170
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Hint: this whole question has nothing to do with the government to begin with, nor the school systems. But other than that........what?
Everything to do with government. The republican party is being held hostage by less than 20% of the electorate who believe in fairy tales. Someone needs to stand up to these idiots. Given his recent statements it's obvious Rubio ain't that guy.
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #171
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Everything to do with government. The republican party is being held hostage by less than 20% of the electorate who believe in fairy tales. Someone needs to stand up to these idiots. Given his recent statements it's obvious Rubio ain't that guy.
You're growing on me.........
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #172
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
But Ryan didn't even carry his own state. Either way, if I had to guess - it will be a woman, an hispanic, or a black. That's the direction the GOP pundits seem to think they need to head towards - worry secondarily about policy and platform and do whatever it takes to neuter the "angry white guy" stereotype that the Dems want to contort every issue into.
Paul Ryan was at the bottom of the ticket. if he is on the top end i would love to lay 5-1 on him right now to carry Wisconsin.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #173
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of him but Rand Paul is going to be that guy.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #174
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
I like rand a hell of a lot more than his dad. He seems to understand the dynamics of playing nice with others. I think after he loses the nomination he will actually support the nominee and not have a tantrum that he is not the featured guy at the convention. He's basically a more grown up version of his father.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #175
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller

No. He's a whore for the Christian right just like all the rest. Calls himself a pro-life Christian. Welcomes endorsements from groups like "Concerned Women for America."
Old 11-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #176
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Like some of RPauls positions, it's the delivery that sucks. And the haircut is right out of a Porky's movie
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #177
Ocala Mike

This is why you lost

So, no chance for the Republicans to come in out of the cold and put up this guy?

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...-science-party
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #178
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

His brand of Republicanism won't scour.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #179
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
No, they need to ignore this stupid stuff and focus on the economy and national security.

Anything else is not important enough to be talked about at the federal level.
The ones who need to stood up to and told where to get off are the alleged press when then ask theses knucklehead questions.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #180
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
No, they need to ignore this stupid stuff and focus on the economy and national security.
Ignoring stupid does not make it go away.

It assures that those we elect are stupids.