Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #31
Marshall Bennett

Your man's excessive spending is gonna make us all losers, hcap. Just watch.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #32
Steve R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike at A+
I DO realize that the middle class should be the backbone of the economy and the more people who are able to achieve middle class status, the better it will be for those IN that class. But this administration has moved more people FROM that middle class TO the unemployment line, TO welfare, TO food stamps, TO foreclosures and TO the class below them....[snip]
Every year the Census Bureau publishes income distribution tables for families which you can find at http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/income/data/index.html.

In one table they divide family income into 44 separate groups from under $2.5K to $250K and above and include the number of families in each category. So as an experiment I just took the middle 22 categories (leaving 11 above and 11 below) and added up the number of families in those 22 and arbitrarily called them "middle class". Then I calculated the percentage of families in those 22 middle class income categories. I did it for 2001, 2008, 2009 and 2011 (the latest data). These are the results, which you can check on your own if you like. The results show the percentage of American families in the middle class.

2001: 50.1%
2008: 45.3%
2009: 45.5%
2011: 44.7%

The biggest changes were during the Bush administration, although the middle class continues to shrink.

So I think your contention that the Obama administration has moved more people out of the middle class is true but overstated when compared to the changes between 2001 and 2008.
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #33
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Your man's excessive spending is gonna make us all losers, hcap. Just watch.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_864812.html

Bush-Era Tax Cuts Projected As Largest Contributor To Public Debt

If the Bush-era tax cuts are renewed next year, that policy will by 2019 be the single largest contributor to the nation's public debt -- "the sum of annual budget deficits, minus annual surpluses" -- according to new analysis from the non-partisan Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.

These tax breaks, combined with the cost of fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, will account for nearly half the public debt in 2019, measured as a percentage of economic output, the CBPP's analysis shows. Even the cost of the economic downturn, combined with the cost of the legislation passed to stem the damage, won't be as burdensome as the weight of the Bush-era tax cuts, the chart below suggests. See if you can find the debt associated with the Trouble Asset Relief Program and the rescue of Fannie and Freddie:

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #34
hcap

Here is another republican witha tin ear and only adds to the ovweewhelming case that Romney and cohorts don;t know sh*t from shinola and again why you lost.

http://www.pressherald.com/politics/...k-voters-.html

Updated: Today at 2:09 PM
Maine Republican chairman questions black voters
Charlie Webster's claim that hundreds of unknown black people voted in rural Maine towns causes a stir, and leads one GOP strategist to call for his immediate resignation.

By Eric Russell erussell@pressherald.com
Staff Writer

Maine Republican Party Chairman Charlie Webster is once again alleging possible voting irregularities, this time claiming that groups of unknown black people showed up in some rural towns to vote on Election Day.

Webster made the claim in a wide-ranging, post-election interview this week with Don Carrigan of WCSH-TV.

"In some parts of rural Maine, there were dozens, dozens of black people who came in and voted on Election Day," he said. "Everybody has a right to vote, but nobody in (these) towns knows anyone who's black. How did that happen? I don't know. We're going to find out."

When Carrigan pressed Webster on where it happened, Webster provided no specifics or proof of his claims, but said the party would investigate further.

When asked about the issue in an interview Wednesday with the Portland Press Herald, Webster again refused to provide specifics.

He said his point is not that the new voters were black, but that they were not recognized by town officials.

.................................................. ...................

I guerss they wanted their free largesse from Obama and lined up to collect
Old 11-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #35
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_864812.html

Bush-Era Tax Cuts Projected As Largest Contributor To Public Debt

If the Bush-era tax cuts are renewed next year, that policy will by 2019 be the single largest contributor to the nation's public debt -- "the sum of annual budget deficits, minus annual surpluses" -- according to new analysis from the non-partisan Center for Budget and Policy Priorities.

These tax breaks, combined with the cost of fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, will account for nearly half the public debt in 2019, measured as a percentage of economic output, the CBPP's analysis shows. Even the cost of the economic downturn, combined with the cost of the legislation passed to stem the damage, won't be as burdensome as the weight of the Bush-era tax cuts, the chart below suggests. See if you can find the debt associated with the Trouble Asset Relief Program and the rescue of Fannie and Freddie:

How exactly are they still Bush era tax cuts when Obama has extended them... and wants to make them permanent?
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #36
hcap

During the first stages of the recovery, changing the Bush tax cuts would have been detrimental. In fact Obama instituted further cuts.

Now her will try to extend them for those below a certain income level
Politics has a way of limiting what can be done. Hopefully his mandate will be recognized by the repugs and that and other changes will be made.

Elections do have consequences. At least we have an idea of what the majority of the population prefers.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #37
ElKabong

Quote:

Elections do have consequences. At least we have an idea of what the majority of the population prefers.
And the majority of The People's House will ensure your continued bitterness.

It's a bright sunny day where I am.

Last edited by ElKabong; 11-15-2012 at 09:07 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #38
ElKabong

Quote:

"BenghaziGate" is a "gate" only in fevered fearful little minds..
Ah, so that's what an old bitter white liberal calls an event that led to 4 Americans deaths, as the admin threw out multiple accounts of who or what was responsible. Thank you for clearing this up.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #39
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Bullshit. Yo cannot infer what the hell anyone want from the election.
We voted to keep the House in power, a hosue 100% devoted to NO tax increases. Can't have it both ways, Komrade.

The fact is, you know nothing of what you spew your BS about. Nothing.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #40
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

[YT=""BenghaziGate" is a "gate" only in fevered fearful little minds.."]kSEPN9kPybw[/YT]
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #41
lsbets

Quote:

"BenghaziGate" is a "gate" only in fevered fearful little minds..
Would you say that to the dead SEAL's father?

Of course not,

You were all up in arms about the non Plame scandal, ranted on and on and on about it. Now that people are dead and we've been lied to in what appears to have been an attempt to minimize Al Queda's reach after the repeated spiking of the football at the Dem convention you could care less.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-16-2012 at 02:51 AM.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #42
elysiantraveller

Quote:
During the first stages of the recovery, changing the Bush tax cuts would have been detrimental. In fact Obama instituted further cuts.
I see... but now with economic growth EVEN SLOWER and SLOWING down it makes perfect sense?...

Quote:
Now her will try to extend them for those below a certain income level
Politics has a way of limiting what can be done. Hopefully his mandate will be recognized by the repugs and that and other changes will be made.

See here is what kills me about you... you post graph after graph of the Bush tax cuts but its Obama that has extended and even improved upon them...

Furthermore that limiting at a certain level, $250,000, is estimated to bring a additional $80-$100 billion which still won't bring us below that $1 trillion mark a year despite those wars being over or ending...

So your guy, in fact, just as guilty of manipulating the tax code towards deficit as Bush... is he not?...

Keep in mind we are only talking about taxes here not additional stimulus he wants to add.

You are too smart not to see through the smoke.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #43
dav4463

All I know is a lot of people voted for obama because they were afraid they couldn't get welfare anymore.

A couple of women I know at work voted for obama because they said he would forgive their interest on college loans while other women voted for obama solely based on women's rights (media told them Romney was against women)...they think Romney would take away their contraceptives.

So, I would say Romney is right. obama voters voted that way because of the free stuff.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #44
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav4463
All I know is a lot of people voted for obama because they were afraid they couldn't get welfare anymore.

A couple of women I know at work voted for obama because they said he would forgive their interest on college loans while other women voted for obama solely based on women's rights (media told them Romney was against women)...they think Romney would take away their contraceptives.

So, I would say Romney is right. obama voters voted that way because of the free stuff.
Funny you posted this, a lot of people on local radio (mostly libs) are hinting their "hope" is that student loans will be forgiven or drastically downsized in the next 4 years. Romney or Cons wouldn't dream of doing this, has something to do with taking responsibility for one's actions I suppose.... so they lost some votes on this.

I know one person at work whose up to his ass in student loan debt. One of the few Obama-Biden bumper stickers in the lot.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #45
Greyfox

Quote:
I reminded of what the great Winston Churchill once said:

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply