Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #631
Greyfox

Senator Grassley has given Ford another extension.

More
Judge Kavanaugh I just granted another extension to Dr Ford to decide if she wants to proceed w the statement she made last week to testify to the senate She shld decide so we can move on I want to hear her. I hope u understand. It’s not my normal approach to b indecisive

17,313 replies 4,092 retweets 7,837 likes
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #632
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Mertz View Post
I suggest the scene of the crime. Oh, wait...never mind.
MAybe they should hold the hearing on the "Grassy Knoll" amd Badgeman can do the questioning.

We know much more about the Grassy Knoll than we do about where this ALLEGED incident occurred.

Funny how wanting to have your story told is such a difficult thing to do. Uh huh. Yup. Sure.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:46 AM   #633
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
What are the allegations by Ford?

It would not matter what he did to me, Bill Clinton set the standard of what is allowed.
According that sexual pervert's standards, rape is MANDATORY!
Old 09-22-2018, 09:46 AM   #634
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Yeah...okay...let's talk perceptions. This "poor traumatized woman" is playing the U.S. senate like a fiddle. She's making fools out of them and making a mockery out the hearings. Grassley should be concerned about the loss of respect the senate body deserves than just his ego or whatever.

It's so transparently obvious to me that she's doing this for political gain and perhaps for her 5 minutes of fame.

Will Grassley move the time goal posts again tomorrow to 10 P.M.? Oh wait...the senate shuts down on the weekends, right? Let's make it for 10 A.M. Monday. If he's going to bend over backwards so much, maybe this moonbat can get him to break his back in the process. Then the press can report of two terribly traumatized people.
Yes I agree with you, and say the left is playing this to perfection. Anyone who ends up holding the office / position Chairman Grassley currently does will have to make simmilar moves Chairman Grassley is doing in being fair and effective. We can not escape the times we are in, how we deal with it and learn from it remains to be seen.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 09:49 AM   #635
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
The point is that, according to staunch conservatives, sexual assault is only a crime
when it is committed by a liberal. This makes them completely without any trace of credibility,
and shows how pointless it is to argue any issue with any of them. Rat bastards.
Absolute BS and an outright lie, and you know it.
The ONLY reason she has not given her story yet is because SHE is afraid to testify under oath and the DEMS refuse to cooperate in getting it told.

The end game here is NOT this woman.
You honestly believe that it is?

SHE keeps it quiet for 36 years
Diane Frankenstein keeps it hidden for 6 weeks
GOP offers a hearing immediately.

Crickets.

You have to be smarter than that.
Don't you?
Old 09-22-2018, 09:52 AM   #636
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
This discussion has become rather comical.
hcap reminds me of a squirrel in a blizzard frantically looking for a nut.

Liberal are not very good at seeing how things are not the same.
The two cases involve a SC hearing, so obviously (to them) everything is the same. Comes from reading too many memes.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #637
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
“Your cavalier treatment of a sexual assault survivor who has been doing her best to cooperate with the committee is completely inappropriate,” Katz wrote as she demanded an additional day’s delay in giving an answer.
IF the sory is true, it HAS BEEN for 36 years.
What possible reason is there to delay?
Unless the "details of the truth" are still being written and tested.

This a fraud.
VOTE Monday, 9am.
If she shows up, BAR HER from the chambers.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #638
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

SHE keeps it quiet for 36 years
Diane Frankenstein keeps it hidden for 6 weeks
GOP offers a hearing immediately.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #639
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Side note.
And people wonder why we do not to reach across the aisle and be bi-partisan?

SCREW the left
Old 09-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #640
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
That's because Hill did not go public with her accusations AND because Hill and Thomas, when the incident(s) allegedly took place were both federal employees. That is not the case with Ford and Kavanaugh. You're comparing apples to oranges
Anitas Hill also went public after the judiciary committee had finished their initial deliberations. This new information was received and deemed as a proper reason to request GHW Bush to order the FBI to re open the recent BI
Quote:
And since, Ford has gone public with her accusations against a SC nominee, those accusations now becomes public business and fall squarely within the public domain of the Senate that is the only constitutionally-ordained body that is authorized to investigate into those charges. The FBI has NO constitutional authority. And the FBI has no jurisdictional authority because of the diff[erences between the two sets of circumstances.
Hugh? Anita Hill also "went public"

Where did you come up with such nonsense? Are you claiming "public business"is some sort of legal terminology?
Case law please.
Quote:
Then he's an idiot. He doesn't know the Constitution. Either that, or as Fast said last night, Grassley is playing the perception card because he knows the Senate cannot order such an investigation. Only the president does and it's very doubtful that Trump would go diametrically against the grains of the Constitution and jurisdictional law.
Even though Chuck and Hatch are detestable rethugs, I suspect they know the constitution a hell of a lot better than you. BTW bunky, the entire judiciary committee agreed with Grassley and Biden the dem chairman, also agreed to ask Poppy Bush to ask the FBI to reopen the B.I I think

I am through with you. You are becoming more incoherent than usual. We have gone over the same issues repeatedly and you simply don't remember the conversation.

Bye bye

Last edited by hcap; 09-22-2018 at 10:04 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 10:07 AM   #641
hcap

Quote:

The two cases involve a SC hearing, so obviously (to them) everything is the same. Comes from reading too many memes.
Ad hominem. And fact free as usual
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 10:15 AM   #642
davew

Quote:

it is only a matter of TIME
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #643
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

I am through with you. You are becoming more incoherent than usual. We have gone over the same issues repeatedly and you simply don't remember the conversation.

Bye bye

Promises, promises. What's the over/under on the next post?

Old 09-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #644
boxcar

Quote:
Anitas Hill also went public after the judiciary committee had finished their initial deliberations. This new information was received and deemed as a proper reason to request GHW Bush to order the FBI to re open the recent BI
Hugh? Anita Hill also "went public"

Where did you come up with such nonsense? Are you claiming "public business"is some sort of legal terminology?
Case law please.
Even though Chuck and Hatch are detestable rethugs, I suspect they know the constitution a hell of a lot better than you. BTW bunky, the entire judiciary committee agreed with Grassley and Biden the dem chairman, also agreed to ask Poppy Bush to ask the FBI to reopen the B.I I think

Bye bye
Yes, Anita, eventually went public but NOT before the FBI was called in! Did you have a point to make?

Public Business is what Congress, generally, DOES! Where have you been all your life!? It conducts the public's business. Not the FBI! And one aspect of the public's business is that the Senate (and the Senate alone!). according to the U.S,. Constitution has the responsibility and the authority to "advise and consent" on SC nominees. The Senate also has, in this regard and others, investigative powers. Conversely, the FBI has NO constitutional authority in this particular set of circumstances, nor does the FBI have any legal jurisdiction to investigate in this particular set of circumstances.

You're right. We are through. You refuse to see that you're comparing apples with grapes with these two SC nominees and their accusers. You absolutely refuse to see the differences. Typical of you and most of your ilk. I believe you've been estranged from reality from your mother's womb!
Old 09-22-2018, 10:28 AM   #645
boxcar

Quote:
Ad hominem. And fact free as usual
You're a great one to complain about an ad hominem after you called me "pebble brain"?

Geesh...where's PA when you need him? I thought name calling was prohibited by the TOS. PA flagged me for calling him a biblical name on the Religion thread, for crying out loud!

Double standards are alive and well outside the Beltway.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: