Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-19-2018, 04:55 PM   #1
bello
Veteran

Let's play follow the leader

Not sure what possessed me to tune into Belmont today but what a snorefest.

Every race Lone Speed. Everone takes back and the winners win easily wire to wire.

How can anyone play this conveyor belt racing. Worth than Yonkers in its heyday of line up racing. I wasted paper printing out the form. Glad I didn't waste my money.
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
ZippyChippy423
Veteran

NYRA racing seems to be getting worse and worse each year. The multitude of scratches this year has added to the misery. All summer long Andy Serling was handicapping 5 horse fields with 4 picks each race...what a challenge.
ZippyChippy423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #3
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello View Post

Every race Lone Speed. Everone takes back and the winners win easily wire to wire.

How can anyone play this conveyor belt racing. Worth than Yonkers in its heyday of line up racing. I wasted paper printing out the form. Glad I didn't waste my money.
There were three wire to wire winners today. I am guessing less than average for most tracks. All were short prices and two were favored.

I love the internet....where truth and reality take a backseat to fantasy and BS.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #4
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyChippy423 View Post
NYRA racing seems to be getting worse and worse each year. The multitude of scratches this year has added to the misery. All summer long Andy Serling was handicapping 5 horse fields with 4 picks each race...what a challenge.
That's me....Mr. Four Picks a race. You got me. I knew I couldn't fool people forever. That's how I'm able to run around bragging about my pristine record of picking every winner.

If only we could get Light to check in we could really get things rolling here.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2018, 09:17 PM   #5
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
There were three wire to wire winners today. I am guessing less than average for most tracks. All were short prices and two were favored.

I love the internet....where truth and reality take a backseat to fantasy and BS.

Actually fantasy and BS start about an hour before post time every NYRA race day.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:19 PM   #6
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
That's me....Mr. Four Picks a race. You got me. I knew I couldn't fool people forever. That's how I'm able to run around bragging about my pristine record of picking every winner.

If only we could get Light to check in we could really get things rolling here.
That is true. The only thing more boring than this board has been lately is NYRA racing. Hope this could give it a pick up.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:03 PM   #7
GMB@BP

The irony of the internet where trolls try to tear down the very people who carry the water for the sport and do it not because they have too but because they want to.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2018, 10:05 PM   #8
GMB@BP

Quote:
Actually fantasy and BS start about an hour before post time every NYRA race day.
I would imagine thats when you hit the ATM everyday.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2018, 10:19 PM   #9
Immortal6

Quote:

I'll never understand these complaints. If you think you've figured out the track bias and it's simply a merry go round then figure out which horse is going to make the lead and become wealthy .
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 12:55 AM   #10
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
I'll never understand these complaints. If you think you've figured out the track bias and it's simply a merry go round then figure out which horse is going to make the lead and become wealthy .
Boy you’re right on the mark with that response!
Whether these announcers are providing solid information about their selections or the effects of current track conditions, some players just won’t heed their words. Instead, they have the audacity to demonstrate the quality of their play by complaining about things like repeating events. Why not just admit to the lack of perception (or flexibility) on their part to taking advantage of things being handed to them. Sure the announcers aren’t perfect, but neither are 95% of the players who just might learn something by taking a different perspective to heart.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 02:43 AM   #11
ElKabong

I was at lone star today watching nothing but NYRA, apparently I was watching a different track. Where was the bias bello was speaking of?

I watched Wednesday as well, TLG had a big day (I didn't). To me, it's not necessarily the winners he scopes out (double digit payoffs) it's the reasoning and explanation. To me, it's an education since his style of handicapping is very different from mine.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 08:32 AM   #12
ZippyChippy423
Veteran

Nobody is going to become wealthy betting 2.20 merry go round winners at NYRA. The inner at Aqueduct birthed quite a bit of chaulk.... nothing to get rich by.
ZippyChippy423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 09:32 AM   #13
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
The irony of the internet where trolls try to tear down the very people who carry the water for the sport and do it not because they have too but because they want to.
My original post insulted no one so you must be referring to little guy
Old 10-20-2018, 09:35 AM   #14
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
That is correct. But the true expected speed at the NYRA tracks are often not the ones that make the easy lead, but part of the pack that takes back.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:43 AM   #15
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I was at lone star today watching nothing but NYRA, apparently I was watching a different track. Where was the bias bello was speaking of?

I watched Wednesday as well, TLG had a big day (I didn't). To me, it's not necessarily the winners he scopes out (double digit payoffs) it's the reasoning and explanation. To me, it's an education since his style of handicapping is very different from mine.
My issue is NOT about a track bias which as Immortal points out should be advantageous to any player and I agree. It is often the way better and speedier horses at NYRA will often take back and watch an inferior horse get an easy lead and take advantage of the bias without a smidgen of a challenge.

I am surprised that Little Guy did not opine on that. Instead he went for the insults. And maybe he does not agree, so be it. But why the insults?

There is NO MENTION of little guy in the Original Post but as usual he is quick to insult. If you guys want to challenge my observations fair enough, but who is the troll here?

If every time someone posts an opinion and Little Guy and others jump in with the insults and name calling, the board will continue to fade away as it has of late.

No skin off of my ass either way!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: