Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:57 PM   #91
Robert Fischer
clean money

Would be cool if there was an option to not see threads started by posters on your ignore list.

Andy has started six threads on the front page of GRD and Zippy has two.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 11-17-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 07:27 PM   #92
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Would be cool if there was an option to not see threads started by posters on your ignore list.

Says the guy who keeps the thread alive by posting in it.

Just seeing my name traumatizes some of you.

Why don't you just state exactly what you want?

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-17-2018 at 07:34 PM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 06:18 AM   #93
Andy Asaro

Quote:

I will make you a deal Robert.

If you, Thaskalos, and Castaway01 want me to take a vacation all you have to do it post these exact words in this thread. And it has to be all three. And no emojis.

Even though I don't really know Andy Asaro I want him to stop posting here for an extended period of time.

The only exception will be an announcement of a takeout/breakage reduction news for Santa Anita.

That's a good deal but it has to be copied and pasted and ALL THREE of you have to do it. Should be a no-brainer.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-18-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:17 PM   #94
Robert Fischer
clean money

2019 is going to be your year, Asaro.

You're going to channel this energy in a positive way.

Maybe you can produce a 'sensational' Horse Racing 'Tabloid'. You go all the way. Don't take yourself serious, and hit the reader's triggers and push their buttons. Exaggerate even, and make it fun and interesting and push the rules to the limit with rumors about the big names in horse racing.

Or maybe you go the other way, and make it serious and set aside any personal bias, and do your homework before you break a story and present a serious media source for horseplayers.

I think 2019 is going to be really good for you.

A message board is not a great medium for mass media, other than for use as a sparring-partner before you get to the big time, And a lot of us come here when we're bored or taking a break between races to talk about a horse racing topic with other fans and players. Nobody has issue with you personally (that I know of). There's class, and etiquette and even if that doesn't appeal, think of just a basic respect of space. I don't walk up to the only guy in a row of empty urinals and sling out my big dick and groan while i hose it down. There's no 'rule' against that, and they won't bar me from the clubhouse for it, but it's a basic respect of space.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #95
Andy Asaro

Again, you're keeping the thread alive that you say you don't want to see on the main page by posting nonsense.

What I offered is simple and seemed to be what you wanted.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:52 PM   #96
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post

The great Cigar...
Veterinary science and medicine have made huge strides since the days of Cigar 25 years ago.

Just a heads up.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 09:50 PM   #97
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Veterinary science and medicine have made huge strides since the days of Cigar 25 years ago.

Just a heads up.
You either give too much credit to the field of medical research in the last quarter century...or more likely...not enough to its practitioners prior to the end of the millennium.

Firing horses--an archaic practice--has long been contested as a necessary or even effective "therapy" well before Cigar came on the scene. Simply put, it's a crude and brutal procedure that really doesn't have the scientific validation to back it up.

But putting the welfare issue aside for the moment, the point I was making in the "Cigar" post was that the use of firing was and is common if not routine in the history of Thoroughbred racing.

Therefore the fact that a racehorse in 2018 had undergone the procedure should not have been portrayed as some shocking "development" used as grounds for an ill-conceived social media tirade, merely because it was trained by current board whipping post Bob Baffert...
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2018, 01:59 AM   #98
Someday Silent

Quote:
I don't walk up to the only guy in a row of empty urinals and sling out my big dick and groan while i hose it down. There's no 'rule' against that, and they won't bar me from the clubhouse for it, but it's a basic respect of space.
Words can't fully describe how hard I laughed just now.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2018, 11:58 AM   #99
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Ah, the Queen of the internet mean girls finally takes a shot. What took you so long?

Can you tell me who, in this thread brought up my twitter account? I know you really don't care about the facts you enjoy the smear. ... So what's up with the factually incorrect smear?

In case you didn't know:

Your show is streamed on the INTERNET

When I screw up I admit it and apologize. You screwed up in your post by misstating what really happened even though it's recorded in this thread.

What is Asaro talking about now???

Whose show does he reference in the same post as he talks about that which is "factually incorrect"?

Does Asaro need to be guided "on the internet" to his own posts from pre-Canterbury clearly proving the facts as they still reside "on the internet" ?

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/a...ld-initiative/

(read comment 6)

Here, for the laugh, are Canterbury's numbers in summation of that disastrous 2016 season:

http://www.startribune.com/canterbur...ers/393851381/

live-on-track handle was down, for God's sake!

Asaro clearly owes the whole of the internet yet another apology for his massive screw-up which was guessing that Canterbury's 2016 handle would be up at least 40%. Why does it always take years before one sees the apologies on which Asaro is always so far in arrears??

"takeout" has zero to do with the problem.

You have to let everybody feel competitive (not merely the Asaros of the world).

It is indeed that simple.
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2018, 12:17 PM   #100
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
What is Asaro talking about now???

Whose show does he reference in the same post as he talks about that which is "factually incorrect"?

Does Asaro need to be guided "on the internet" to his own posts from pre-Canterbury clearly proving the facts as they still reside "on the internet" ?

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/a...ld-initiative/

(read comment 6)

Here, for the laugh, are Canterbury's numbers in summation of that disastrous 2016 season:

http://www.startribune.com/canterbur...ers/393851381/

live-on-track handle was down, for God's sake!

Asaro clearly owes the whole of the internet yet another apology for his massive screw-up which was guessing that Canterbury's 2016 handle would be up at least 40%. Why does it always take years before one sees the apologies on which Asaro is always so far in arrears??

"takeout" has zero to do with the problem.

You have to let everybody feel competitive (not merely the Asaros of the world).

It is indeed that simple.
Guessing Canterbury's handle would be up? And I owe people an apology for that?

If you're letting me live in your head it's on you.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:25 PM   #101
AskinHaskin

Quote:
2019 is going to be your year, Asaro.

You're going to channel this energy in a positive way.

Maybe you can produce a 'sensational' Horse Racing 'Tabloid'. You go all the way. Don't take yourself serious, and hit the reader's triggers and push their buttons. Exaggerate even, and make it fun and interesting and push the rules to the limit with rumors about the big names in horse racing.

Or maybe you go the other way, and make it serious and set aside any personal bias, and do your homework before you break a story and present a serious media source for horseplayers.

I think 2019 is going to be really good for you.

A message board is not a great medium for 'ass media, other than for use as a sparring-partner before you get to the big time,...I don't walk up to the only guy in a row of empty urinals and sling out my big dick and groan while i hose it down. There's no 'rule' against that, and they won't bar me from the clubhouse for it, but it's a basic respect of space.

I can only envision the headlines:

"TAKEOUT to be taken-out!!!!"

"Happy Days are here (for the first time), to arrive with the opener of the 2019 Garden State Park meeting"

"Hialeah rejuvenated by the sounds of no revenue to track coffers"

"HANA page one has zero idea on which tracks to offer handicapping and coaching as all tracks have ceased with the takeout"

"Like a Phoenix from the ashes, Tropical Park reawakens to the quiet sound of ZERO takeout"

"You should all bet on Hialeah, with no takeout (but I'm not going to)"

"You should all bet on Canterbury, with no takeout (but I'm not going to)"

"ZERO takeout! Record Purses... and we finally succeeded in banning Bob Baffert"

"Baffert a winner with 18 of his last 26 two-year-old firsters - BUT he's 0-for-his-last-6 with three-year-old firsters - he's the most successful cheater of all time!"

"Baffert has scored with 44 of his past 110 debuting 2yo's - but he's not just better than you (there has to be something else)"

How, again, is Asaro going to turn around all of his "internet" work in 5 weeks time, to usher in the grand "2019" which is projected for him?
Old 11-27-2018, 12:27 PM   #102
Andy Asaro

Quote:
I can only envision the headlines:

"TAKEOUT to be taken-out!!!!"

"Happy Days are here (for the first time), to arrive with the opener of the 2019 Garden State Park meeting"

"Hialeah rejuvenated by the sounds of no revenue to track coffers"

"HANA page one has zero idea on which tracks to offer handicapping and coaching as all tracks have ceased with the takeout"

"Like a Phoenix from the ashes, Tropical Park reawakens to the quiet sound of ZERO takeout"

"You should all bet on Hialeah, with no takeout (but I'm not going to)"

"You should all bet on Canterbury, with no takeout (but I'm not going to)"

"ZERO takeout! Record Purses... and we finally succeeded in banning Bob Baffert"

"Baffert a winner with 18 of his last 26 two-year-old firsters - BUT he's 0-for-his-last-6 with three-year-old firsters - he's the most successful cheater of all time!"

"Baffert has scored with 44 of his past 110 debuting 2yo's - but he's not just better than you (there has to be something else)"

How, again, is Asaro going to turn around all of his "internet" work in 5 weeks time, to usher in the grand "2019" which is projected for him?
Still hung up on the HANA thing and takeout. Please continue venting. It's fabulous.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:38 PM   #103
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
My MO? Takeout? Funny? Please. You constantly bashed those of us who were fighting for lower takeout until the last few years. That's a fact and that's funny that you're once again misstating facts. You chose to take the shot Andy. It can end here or you can misstate other facts.

I'm pretty sure Jeff Platt, Dean Towers, and Charlie Davis would back me up on your opinion of lower takeout back then.

"Lower takeout" is where idiots turn rather than address the core concerns.

It is equivalent to your bringing a poor quality shoe store into a shopping center right across the hall from a top quality shoe store and then having as your main goal the idea that the other place should cease with the production of such high quality shoes (so that you can all share in the revenue).

The correct thought process is to instead improve your own pathetic product in relation to itself, and not concern yourself in any way with what the competition is doing. Until such time as when you sufficiently and appropriately improve your own pathetic product, it will never matter what the other place is selling.

Offering a deep discount on a pathetic product doesn't improve the product at all.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:39 PM   #104
Andy Asaro

Quote:
"Lower takeout" is where idiots turn rather than address the core concerns.

It is equivalent to your bringing a poor quality shoe store into a shopping center right across the hall from a top quality shoe store and then having as your main goal the idea that the other place should cease with the production of such high quality shoes (so that you can all share in the revenue).

The correct thought process is to instead improve your own pathetic product in relation to itself, and not concern yourself in any way with what the competition is doing. Until such time as when you sufficiently and appropriately improve your own pathetic product, it will never matter what the other place is selling.

Offering a deep discount on a pathetic product doesn't improve the product at all.
Personal attacks.

I guess you're waiting around form someone to jump in with you. Typical.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: