Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #1
Pigpen

Track Dimensions

Do any of you folks know of a site that displays the dimensions of US racetracks? I used to use DRF but with the new look I cannot find the link or they have removed it after the reconfiguration.
Pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2018, 08:33 PM   #2
Elliott Sidewater

I could not find such a website, but here is how to get the dimensions.....
type the track name into the search box in https://www.daftlogic.com/sandbox-go...d-altitude.htm, and in the lower right hand corner of the screen there is a marker showing either a 50m, 100m, or 200m distance, depending on the magnification of the image. Mark off that distance several times on the edge of a 3 by 5 card and then use it to determine the size of the track. Gulfstream Park is a mile and an eighth in circumference, Charles Town is much smaller, only 6 furlongs and the homestretch to wire distance is only 660 ft. With few exceptions (KD, Bel, WO turf are largerthan 9f, TIM, HP are smaller than 6f) most tracks fall in between these extremes. A standard mile track has turns each measuring 1.5 furlongs in length, give or take a bit for local variations. Hope this helps.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2018, 08:47 PM   #3
Elliott Sidewater

Actually, I kept looking and found a good site.....try https://www.ownerview.com/race-tracks/purses and just click on the track name, at the bottom of the track info page the track circumference is listed. This is far easier than the first method recommended.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2018, 09:29 PM   #4
Pigpen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater View Post
Actually, I kept looking and found a good site.....try https://www.ownerview.com/race-tracks/purses and just click on the track name, at the bottom of the track info page the track circumference is listed. This is far easier than the first method recommended.
Thank you very much. This site may not have the diagram but it gives me everything I need at each venue.
Pigpen is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: