Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #106
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
sinner
And proud of it! My sins are all paid for.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:45 AM   #107
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
And proud of it! My sins are all paid for.
I'm still paying for mine.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #108
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
What I understand is that it is a distinction without a difference. If you can forgive a past sinner, why can't you, in your infinite mercy, forgive a "present" sinner? Aside from the fact that the past sinner is a past Democrat and the present sinner is a present Democrat.

Without a real difference, it is just rationalization, if not hypocrisy. But you will continue to beat it to death until everyone else moves on. As I will do, with more pressing issues at hand. I have to go straighten out my sock drawer.
If Trump did indeed sin, what makes you think that I have to forgive a past sinner when that sinner hasn't sinned against me?

On the other hand, Clinton lied to all Americans about his sexual indiscretions with Monica during his presidency. In doing that, he actually compounded his sin during his presidency.

I see a distinction with a big difference.

Enjoy your socks and for heaven's sake, make sure all the pairs match.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #109
boxcar

Quote:
"Judge not, lest ye too be judged"...Jesus instructed. Of course...this hasn't kept his "followers" from labeling everybody else as 'vile, unrepentant sinners'.
But don't you see: Clocker already judged Trump for his alleged adultery. He thinks Trump is as guilty (or perhaps even more so than Clinton).

Furthermore, that very often misinterpreted passage doesn't mean what you think it does. But what else is new?
Old 04-23-2018, 11:55 AM   #110
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
If Trump did indeed sin, what makes you think that I have to forgive a past sinner when that sinner hasn't sinned against me?

On the other hand, Clinton lied to all Americans about his sexual indiscretions with Monica during his presidency. In doing that, he actually compounded his sin during his presidency.

I see a distinction with a big difference.

Enjoy your socks and for heaven's sake, make sure all the pairs match.
Are presidential lies about sexual indiscretions more "unforgivable" than other types of lies on the job? Because...every single president that I can ever remember has told substantial lies to those who elected him.

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-23-2018 at 12:04 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #111
thaskalos

Quote:
But don't you see: Clocker already judged Trump for his alleged adultery. He thinks Trump is as guilty (or perhaps even more so than Clinton).

Furthermore, that very often misinterpreted passage doesn't mean what you think it does. But what else is new?
Yeah...we've been through this "interpretation" charade before, you and I. You haven't the foggiest notion of what the Greek words really mean...and yet you presume to call yourself an "authentic" bible interpreter.

Funny that you accuse Clocker of "judging"...with all the judging that YOU have done in that other thread.

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-23-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:10 PM   #112
boxcar

Quote:
Yeah...we've been through this "interpretation" charade before, you and I. You haven't the foggiest notion of what the Greek words really mean...and yet you presume to call yourself an "authentic" bible interpreter.

Funny that you accuse Clocker of "judging"...with all the judging that YOU have done in that other thread.
I don't have to know the original Greek. All I have to know for that passage is context.

Yeah...I accused Clocker because he excused himself from being a hypocrite with respect to Trump!

He no doubt has one of this socks pulled over his head, so that he's unable to see his own foibles -- but somehow can clearly see what her perceives is mine.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:14 PM   #113
boxcar

Quote:
Are presidential lies about sexual indiscretions more "unforgivable" than other types of lies on the job? Because...every single president that I can ever remember has told substantial lies to those who elected him.
But the nature of Clinton's lie was different from most other presidents. Why do you think he was impeached? Why do you think he lost his law license?

And unlike the lies of most other presidents, he got caught in his lie!

I had no idea you have such a fondness for serial liars like Clinton. You must have have really loved Obama, too.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #114
thaskalos

Quote:
I don't have to know the original Greek. All I have to know for that passage is context.

Yeah...I accused Clocker because he excused himself from being a hypocrite with respect to Trump!

He no doubt has one of this socks pulled over his head, so that he's unable to see his own foibles -- but somehow can clearly see what her perceives is mine.
IMO...Clocker's opinion of Trump is as unbiased as it gets around here. In case you haven't noticed...Clocker hasn't exactly been spewing out the typical liberal rhetoric that the other Trump-hating Democrats here have. Nor has he been partaking of the cool-aid that Trump's fan-boys here have been chugging since the election.

When Clocker rips the liberals, you guys praise him. But when he puts the microscope on Trump...then he becomes a "hating hypocrite".

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-23-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #115
thaskalos

Quote:
But the nature of Clinton's lie was different from most other presidents. Why do you think he was impeached? Why do you think he lost his law license?

And unlike the lies of most other presidents, he got caught in his lie!

I had no idea you have such a fondness for serial liars like Clinton. You must have have really loved Obama, too.
If a presidential candidate isn't a "serial liar", then he can't possibly be elected president...because the voters have a deep-seated aversion to the "truth". The voters want to be told that "their country is the best"...and that "everything will be okay, now and in the end". And this doesn't apply to just this country, mind you...it's a WORLDWIDE phenomenon. Because the citizens can't handle the truth...only the SERIAL LIARS are attracted to politics.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #116
boxcar

Quote:
IMO...Clocker's opinion of Trump is as unbiased as it gets around here. In case you haven't noticed...Clocker hasn't exactly been voicing the typical liberal rhetoric that the other Trump-hating Democrats here have. Nor has he been partaking of the cool-aid that Trump's fan-boys here have been chugging since the election.

When Clocker rips the liberals, you guys praise him. But when he puts the microscope on Trump...then he becomes a "hating hypocrite".
Whether Tick Tock's "opinion" of Trump is biased or unbiased is a non sequitur; for in either case it is hypocritical since he, evidently, thinks that Trump is at least as guilty as Clinton. Yet, he accused me of being partisan and hypocritical with respect to Clinton, even though Clinton's situation and Trump's situation (via alleged indiscretions) are as different as the day is from night.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:37 PM   #117
Parkview_Pirate

another waste of bytes

A thread of over 100 posts, and no definition to begin meaningful discourse of what a conservative or liberal demonstrates the overall futility of politics today. The OP's link to the story could have been more concise with the phrase "humans are weak".

Furthermore, it's an example of how this "debate" plays right into the hands of the political class. By my definition, politicians tend to be psychopaths or sociapaths, regardless of the views they claim to support or labels they have earned. Whether it's billionaire Trump or multi-millionaire Hillary, they both work for the same puppetmasters, who laugh at the rest of us, at each other's throats.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #118
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
A thread of over 100 posts, and no definition to begin meaningful discourse of what a conservative or liberal demonstrates the overall futility of politics today. The OP's link to the story could have been more concise with the phrase "humans are weak".

Furthermore, it's an example of how this "debate" plays right into the hands of the political class. By my definition, politicians tend to be psychopaths or sociapaths, regardless of the views they claim to support or labels they have earned. Whether it's billionaire Trump or multi-millionaire Hillary, they both work for the same puppetmasters, who laugh at the rest of us, at each other's throats.
Perfect
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #119
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
You don't read too swell, do you? When one sin is in the present tense, then it can be said that that person IS an adulterer. (Does Clinton come to mind?) But when another sin is in the past tense, then it can only be said that the person WAS an adulterer.

And in Trump's case, I'm not even certain he committed adultery over two decades ago.
1. The Lewinsky affair was 21 years ago.When does the "present" turn into the "past"?

2.As regards your last sentence , ask Ivana Trump about Marla Maples.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #120
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
1. The Lewinsky affair was 21 years ago.When does the "present" turn into the "past"?
When one of the main players in the cover up of that molestation was just rejected for the job of POTUS.

"Time shall unfold what plighted cunning hides: Who cover faults, at last shame them derides."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: