Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-22-2018, 07:42 PM   #91
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
What I understand is that you have not only the supreme presumption to pass judgement on all human beings, but also claim to have the seemingly divine insight to determine the ranking of "sinners" as to the relative morality of their "sins".

Did you guys in the religion thread settle the issue of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, and move on to ranking the seriousness of adultery based on your own criteria?

P.S. I have it on good authority from James Comey that I am not a sinner because of lack of intent.
I don't "pass judgment" on anyone. As Jesus himself, said his word will judge all men on the last day.

But you're the one who lives in a surreal world of your own making, perhaps having an unjustified and overly optimistic view of man. I, on the other hand, am a pragmatist because I understand the reality of sin in this fallen world. Ideally, I would love to cast my vote for a sinless human being, but that's not going to happen, since all men are sinners. So, I exercise spiritual discernment which is actually required of me by the Word of God. In this world, my vote will always be cast for the person I perceive as the lesser of two evils.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:48 PM   #92
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
F That - Iranian funded terrorist organizations killed US military service men to include 241 Marines, Sailors and soldiers, wounding another 75. They then killed another 20 in the Kobal Tower attack wounding another 498 wounded - we owe them nothing.

Are you really OK with handling Hezbollah and other terrorists groups 1.5 billion on the pretext that its "their money". Would you give captured drug money back the cartels?
I would have painted the money so as soon as our people were out the money and a radius of miles would have been incinerated from ordnance raining on it. Just how stupid Obama is is really debatable, who here does not think Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin is more of a problem to us specifically because of that money. I would have much preferred Obama behaved badly with interns instead of what that bone head did.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2018, 07:49 PM   #93
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
No.

That's not, at all, what you said in the other quote.

Nice try bud!
But that was written with Clinton in mind. It's seems you have a tough time grasping the distinction between voting for someone who may have been or even was an adulterer in the past and accepting the sin of a president while he was actually in office. With the former, he might have changed; but Clinton proved, while in office, that he was still a reprobate.

And by the way, I didn't vote for Clinton, not only because he was a commie-loving, globalist dimwit but because I knew he was a liar. And all his 8 years in office proved me right. So...when he got caught with his pants down in the oval office, it came not as any surprise to me.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #94
Andy Asaro

So, I posted the answer earlier in the thread.

If Boxcar is taking the heat I'll take it with him
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #95
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
It's seems you have a tough time grasping the distinction between voting for someone who may have been or even was an adulterer in the past and accepting the sin of a president while he was actually in office.
Once again you are judging who is a sinner, and even deciding that one sin is greater than another.

Where in the bible does it say that a sin in public office is more immoral than the same action in the private sector?
Old 04-23-2018, 01:05 AM   #96
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Did you guys in the religion thread settle the issue of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, and move on to ranking the seriousness of adultery based on your own criteria?
The religion thread is a pathetic joke. Boxcar has turned it into that. Most others remind him often his counting abilities have run amok.

Last discussion I had with him was to try and correct his religious ass backwards time theories, and belief cause and effect does not exist.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 08:19 AM   #97
boxcar

Quote:
Once again you are judging who is a sinner, and even deciding that one sin is greater than another.

Where in the bible does it say that a sin in public office is more immoral than the same action in the private sector?
You don't read too swell, do you? When one sin is in the present tense, then it can be said that that person IS an adulterer. (Does Clinton come to mind?) But when another sin is in the past tense, then it can only be said that the person WAS an adulterer.

And in Trump's case, I'm not even certain he committed adultery over two decades ago.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:23 AM   #98
tucker6

Can we stop the religious crap in other threads. I don't go to that one for a reason.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 08:37 AM   #99
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Can we stop the religious crap in other threads. I don't go to that one for a reason.
IMO it's a crucial part of the discussion to counter the "hypocrite" allegations by some.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 10:54 AM   #100
Clocker

Still tap dancing around a way to use sin and religion to rationalize a partisan position.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged."
Old 04-23-2018, 11:06 AM   #101
incoming

Quote:
Still tap dancing around a way to use sin and religion to rationalize a partisan position.

Dead on.....and nicely put. I would add convoluted logic.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 11:14 AM   #102
boxcar

Quote:

That's how you spin it. I can explain my rationale to you but I can't make you understand it. It appears you can't understand the difference between the past and the present --- between present and past tense verbs.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:34 AM   #103
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
It appears you can't understand the difference between the past and the present --- between present and past tense verbs.
What I understand is that it is a distinction without a difference. If you can forgive a past sinner, why can't you, in your infinite mercy, forgive a "present" sinner? Aside from the fact that the past sinner is a past Democrat and the present sinner is a present Democrat.

Without a real difference, it is just rationalization, if not hypocrisy. But you will continue to beat it to death until everyone else moves on. As I will do, with more pressing issues at hand. I have to go straighten out my sock drawer.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:34 AM   #104
thaskalos

"Judge not, lest ye too be judged"...Jesus instructed. Of course...this hasn't kept his "followers" from labeling everybody else as 'vile, unrepentant sinners'.

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-23-2018 at 11:37 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 11:39 AM   #105
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
"Judge not, lest ye too be judged"...Jesus instructed. Of course...this hasn't kept his "followers" from labeling everybody else as 'vile, unrepentant sinners'.
sinner
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply