Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #6496
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You are not reading my posts. The post before I called your attention to sparrows, I said
What sparrows are, unlike what you think about yourself, are helpless. All Christians are like sparrows because we, as rational, moral beings made in the image of God, acknowledge our helplessness before God. But you?
Old 05-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #6497
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbling_car
God gave man FREE WILL. Just like YOU have freely have chosen all your life to be an enemy of God. When God judges you through Jesus Christ, you will not be able to blame God for your free choices. After all, God did not force you to not believe in him and trust him for your personal salvation. He simply allowed your sinful nature to rule your entire life and, therefore, dictate those free choices within the framework of that sin nature. In other words, he never set you free from your sinful nature but rater kept you prisoner of it. Also, he is not morally obligated to do so, most especially since you love the darkness so much
Why do you hate others who don't agree with yo?

I don't hate god, but you are deserving.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:58 AM   #6498
bpiets
Veteran

lol...check out the history of those nations and one finds they did a lot of hurtfull things as well as the leaders trying to kill each other for top dog etc and then there were all those wars ..God raised up folk but they did break all the ten commandments even though the spirit of knowledge was with them as was the spirit of understanding etc...and they all did what they did to get out of doing their own labors etc....just like these days......God hardened the hearts of those to show an example of what not to do...and besides,God gave them all life and they did not know or seek Him...
Old 05-08-2018, 10:03 AM   #6499
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
What sparrows are, unlike what you think about yourself, are helpless. All Christians are like sparrows because we, as rational, moral beings made in the image of God, acknowledge our helplessness before God. But you?
It seems if your god can involve himself when a helpless sparrow falls, he should be more interested and involved in preventing the death of HELPLESS infants, particularly when he ordered their deaths.

Last edited by hcap; 05-08-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:47 AM   #6500
boxcar

Quote:
It seems if your god can involve himself when a helpless sparrow falls, he should be more interested and involved in preventing the death of HELPLESS infants, particularly when he ordered their deaths.
But God was interested and he did help the "helpless" infants by bringing them into judgment will all Amalkites, since the helpless infants are now in heaven with Him.

What is better: For the infants to be left untouched and allowed to grow to adults to just perish in hell forever or to, paradoxically, be helped by God's mercy in judgment of them, after which they live forever beholding the glorious beauty of God?
Old 05-08-2018, 11:44 AM   #6501
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
What is better: For the infants to be left untouched and allowed to grow to adults to just perish in hell forever or to, paradoxically, be helped by God's mercy in judgment of them, after which they live forever beholding the glorious beauty of God?
Too bad none of them can be questioned. Unless you unfurl your direct line you portend to use in every inane post. You know, the one with a long string and two Dixie cups at either end.

Btw, you should check to see if it was EVER connected to the correct number.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #6502
hcap

You can do a conference call at the next Evangelical meeting

Old 05-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #6503
boxcar

Quote:
Too bad none of them can be questioned. Unless you unfurl your direct line you portend to use in every inane post. You know, the one with a long string and two Dixie cups at either end.

Btw, you should check to see if it was EVER connected to the correct number.
My "direct line" is the eternal Word of God.

Jesus was on solid ground when he spoke his words about children in Matthew 18; for his sentiments were grounded in the OT. Here is what King David said after God took his infant from him in punishment for the king's great sins:

2 Sam 12:23
3 "But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me."
NASB

So...unless David was planning on spending eternity in hell, he can only mean that when he dies he will join his infant son in that sector of Sheol known as paradise.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:08 PM   #6504
hcap

Don't bother, I'm Jewish.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #6505
boxcar

Quote:
Don't bother, I'm Jewish.
And as ignorant of the Hebrew scriptures as any I have ever met...
Old 05-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #6506
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
And as ignorant of the Hebrew scriptures as any I have ever met...
I have some questions.

Could angels have appeared to the Mormons, essentially giving Joseph Smith a few fill-in-the-blanks and new stories? An updated new testament if you will. Will devout Mormons go to heaven? I mean, they are the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

What about Seventh Day Adventists? Jehovah's? Anybody else show a lot of similarity to Calvinist Protestants.

Are there any apostles or early missionaries (like Paul) that didn't make it to paradise?
Old 05-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #6507
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I have some questions.

Could angels have appeared to the Mormons, essentially giving Joseph Smith a few fill-in-the-blanks and new stories? An updated new testament if you will. Will devout Mormons go to heaven? I mean, they are the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

What about Seventh Day Adventists? Jehovah's? Anybody else show a lot of similarity to Calvinist Protestants.

Are there any apostles or early missionaries (like Paul) that didn't make it to paradise?
I have enough problems with Evangelicals. Some odd Mormon beliefs:

https://valerietarico.com/2012/10/05...to-know-about/

1. The American Continent Was Originally Settled by Ancient Near Easterners.

2. Native Americans Are Descendants of Ancient Israelites. +

3. Dark Skin is a Sign of God’s Curse, White Skin a Sign of God’s Blessing.

. The BoM is Based on a Historically Accurate and Believable Ancient Work.

5. Joseph Smith Translated the Book of Mormon from Gold Plates.

9. The LDS Church’s Theological Doctrines Are Not Significantly Different from Those of Mainstream Christian Denominations.

And as far as cosmology:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_cosmology

According to Mormon scripture, the Earth's creation was not ex nihilo, but organized from existing matter. The Earth is just one of many inhabited worlds, and there are many governing heavenly bodies, including the planet or star Kolob, which is said to be nearest the throne of God.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:09 AM   #6508
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I have some questions.

Here's the condensed answer: Unless Joe Smith or Charles T. Russel existed at the time of the apostle John, their scriptures are worthless since God closed the canon of scripture with Revelations (see Rev 22:18).

And, yes, angels could have appeared to the Mormons, most especially the one talked about in 2Cor 11:14-15.

And for your last concern: None of the New Covenant saints ever made it to paradise; for that sector of Sheol ceased to exist after Christ's resurrection. Everyone who has died since then is ushered directly into the presence of God in heaven. (cf. 2Cor 5:8; Rev 6:9; 20:4, etc.).
Old 05-28-2018, 12:39 PM   #6509
boxcar

Okay, Thask, this is what you wrote in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Boxcar, since this isn't the religious thread...I beg you to please come to your senses. Your assertion that humanity "hates" God is ABSURD. "God" is an unknown quantity...whose existence relies entirely upon the narrative of some books of questionable origin. People need concrete reasons in order to "hate". When they deal with the "unknown"..."hate" is the wrong word to use in order to describe people's feelings towards it.

Yes...whenever a survey is taken, most people say that they believe in a "higher power". But ask them if they believe in a bearded man on a heavenly throne who keeps score of humanity's "sins", and they will shrug their shoulders and go about their business...with nary a word of reply. Isn't that the very definition of "indifference"?
The major premise to your post is that "'God' is an unknown quantity...whose existence relies ENTIRELY upon the narrative of some books of questionable origin." You conclude from this premise that people cannot possibly hate God because we need concrete reasons to hate.

Romans 1 immediately blows your premise out of the water because your entire premise rests upon the foundation of "some books of questionable origin", i.e. divine or special revelation. However, the apostle Paul clearly makes the case that man knows God AND his invisible attributes, eternal power and divine nature through His creation, i.e. natural revelation. But because of man's fallen, corrupt, sinful nature man does not acknowledge God any longer -- that is to say, man' does not desire to retain this knowledge, which God has made evident within all men but rather they suppresses this truth in unrighteousness. In other words, man's natural moral/spiritual condition will not allow sinners to retain a true knowledge of God. In the very suppression of this true knowledge, they manifest their open rebellion against the Creator. This is why all unrepentant sinners are called God's enemies in scripture (Rom 5:10; Heb 1:13, Acts 2:35, etc.).

Jesus also taught that men love the darkness rather than the Light (i.e. God, his Son Jesus) because their deeds are evil and, therefore, won't come to the Light. Men are so comfortable living in their sins, so enamored with their sinful life they implicitly hate God and his Son (Ex 20:5, Deut 32:41; 32:41; Jn 15:18, 24, etc.)

In addition to men naturally suppressing their true knowledge of God, there is another profound reason why men are not consciously aware of this fact. And this reason is down right frightening. Not only are the hearts of fallen men desperately wicked (in open rebellion against God) but the natural human heart is utterly self-deceived -- more deceitful than all else (Jer 17:9). And what makes self-deception so pernicious is that people who are self-deceived are very rarely conscious of it. The world is filled with people who sincerely believe about themselves that they are good people, and such people would be quick to tell us all the reason why they think so highly of themselves. But, of course, this opinion runs counter to everything scripture teaches about the natural man.

With respect to this condition of self-deception, Jesus made a huge point about it in Mat 7:21-22; 25:11. He clearly had in mind professing Christians -- people who thought they were true believers -- people who sincerely believed they were Jesus' disciples. This is very scary stuff.. It is no wonder at all that Christians are exhorted to conduct self-introspection to see if they are indeed in the faith (2Cor 13:5). And Christians are also exhorted to pray for God to examine their heart, as well, so that He can reveal the things deeply hidden in the recesses of the human heart (Ps 26:2; 139:23-24; Lam 3:10; Gal 6:4, etc., etc.)

So...here's the bottom line: The vast majority of the human race have no idea they hate God, are in open rebellion against him and are his enemy. They don't because they have succeeded in deceiving themselves to believe otherwise. Such are the effects of man's fallen moral/spiritual condition. And there is not one single thing man can do to change his fallen nature.

'cap, haven't I often maintained that the Religion thread has a life of its own? And you thought it was down for the count, didn't you?
Old 05-28-2018, 06:19 PM   #6510
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The major premise to your post is that "'God' is an unknown quantity...whose existence relies ENTIRELY upon the narrative of some books of questionable origin."...

Romans 1 immediately blows your premise out of the water ...
Using scripture to prove scripture. The very essence of circular reasoning.

Quote:
So...here's the bottom line: The vast majority of the human race have no idea they hate God, are in open rebellion against him and are his enemy.
And your evidence for this is?

Quote:
They don't because they have succeeded in deceiving themselves to believe otherwise. Such are the effects of man's fallen moral/spiritual condition. And there is not one single thing man can do to change his fallen nature.
How do you know that it is not you who have been deceived? And that you believe this because it is the only way you can cope with your mortality?

Quote:
'cap, haven't I often maintained that the Religion thread has a life of its own? And you thought it was down for the count, didn't you?
19 days! A new record I think. The fun begins again.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: