Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-16-2017, 12:47 PM   #16
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
Losers shouldn't get trophies or statues.
Come on. Just because you were a loser in one portion of your life, doesn't mean you shouldn't be honored for another. Especially on a local level.

If we stuck with your post then we would tear down the Vietnam War Memorial. Statues and other honors are the province of the local governments. If they want to honor someone, who cares.

Thomas Edison electrocuted an elephant as a public stunt to further his ambitions. He stuck an electric probe up the poor animals ass, but there are statues dedicated to him.

Fighting on the perceived wrong side of a war........when examined 150 yrs later........doesn't trump the locals who decided to put the statues up. If you want to tear it down, do it the right way.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #17
MargieRose

Why were the white supremacists given a permit to rally, in the first place? Were those who did issue the permit that stupid not to know that they were opening a Pandora's box?

The city officials of Charlottesville should be sued for malpractice! "They drew first blood!"
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #18
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Why were the white supremacists given a permit to rally, in the first place? Were those who did issue the permit that stupid not to know that they were opening a Pandora's box?

The city officials of Charlottesville should be sued for malpractice! "They drew first blood!"
They have a Constitutional right to hold a rally. And yes the city officials are guilty of not being prepared to protect their citizens.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2017, 01:08 PM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post

They've been holding rallies and marches for decades.

But usually, people and the media did the right thing...they didn't look to PROMOTE THE HELL OUT OF IT TO TRY AND GET SOMETHING TO HAPPEN THAT THEY CAN THEN USE TO FURTHER DAMAGE THE PRESIDENT.

That's the ONLY reason this particular rally turned out the way it did...because of the current atmosphere of "GET TRUMP AT ANY COST."

Nobody seemed to care much when these racist assholes were marching during the Clinton, Bush or Obama administrations. These presidents weren't asked daily to denounce these marches that happened, I would assume, at least multiple times per year across the country during all of their administrations.

The far-left never promoted these hate gatherings with the hopes of getting armed opposition to appear and cause a serious incident. The media never covered them, and the presidents were never asked to denounce them.

All that has changed...and all these hate groups are LOVING the spotlight that the LEFT has shined on them.

The funny thing is, the far left is FAR MORE dangerous than these piss-ant groups of racists will EVER be to the USA....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2017, 01:34 PM   #20
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
They've been holding rallies and marches for decades.

But usually, people and the media did the right thing...they didn't look to PROMOTE THE HELL OUT OF IT TO TRY AND GET SOMETHING TO HAPPEN THAT THEY CAN THEN USE TO FURTHER DAMAGE THE PRESIDENT.

That's the ONLY reason this particular rally turned out the way it did...because of the current atmosphere of "GET TRUMP AT ANY COST."

Nobody seemed to care much when these racist assholes were marching during the Clinton, Bush or Obama administrations. These presidents weren't asked daily to denounce these marches that happened, I would assume, at least multiple times per year across the country during all of their administrations.

The far-left never promoted these hate gatherings with the hopes of getting armed opposition to appear and cause a serious incident. The media never covered them, and the presidents were never asked to denounce them.

All that has changed...and all these hate groups are LOVING the spotlight that the LEFT has shined on them.

The funny thing is, the far left is FAR MORE dangerous than these piss-ant groups of racists will EVER be to the USA....
Thank you.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2017, 02:36 PM   #21
classhandicapper

There is absolutely no doubt at all the mainstream media is a HUGE villain in all the social strife in this country. 90% (give or take) of the mainstream media is a flat out extension of democrat party and liberal causes. In many cases, we are talking about far left causes. The punishment for disagreement is the destruction of your political life, job, or whatever else it takes to castrate you.

That extreme bias is infuriating to many (I'm among them). The only thing that prevents me from rioting is human decency and the ability to rise above them.

Political debates in this country should be resolved on the merits of the intellectual arguments made by both sides. They should not be resolved with spin, lies, misinformation, and the destruction of the opposition by the media.

The NY Times wrote a puff piece about Stalin. Stalin!

The WPO is defending BLM/Antifa. That's preposterous. There are members of those groups that have killed innocent cops (while the media made excuses and in some cases inflamed the tensions with lies and premature proclamations), suppressed reasonable free speech at universities, beat innocent bystanders, destroyed public and private property, rioted, looted, shot at congressman, instigated fights, dragged innocent people out of cars and beat them because they were white etc...

The media should be doing everything in its power to reduce tensions and not defending violent scumbags because they want to prove their scumbags aren't as bad as the other side's scumbags. I can only hope they are all marginalized further and eventually go out of business. They are legitimately and truly the enemy of moderate Americans of good will that want the best for the country based on the merits of debate.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-16-2017 at 02:39 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2017, 02:46 PM   #22
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
...The funny thing is, the far left is FAR MORE dangerous than these piss-ant groups of racists will EVER be to the USA....
I see the Deep State as the root cause and the real threat. The far left and the far right have been infiltrated by their operatives, and the other members of the extremist groups are just pawns.

And the rest of us, well, we're just fodder.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #23
delayjf

Quote:
That extreme bias is infuriating to many (I'm among them). The only thing that prevents me from rioting is human decency and the ability to rise above them.
So much so, that many of my friends were so sick of watching the Alt Left and its riots, that they took delight in watching anyone, even the white hate groups stand up to them. Sad.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2017, 04:38 PM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

There are going to be a lot of unintended consequences of what is going on out there right now. We are in no-man's land in terms of politics in this country.

But then again, the left, with its supposed "good intentions," always runs afoul of "unintended consequences." Just look at Obamacare...
Old 08-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #25
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Come on. Just because you were a loser in one portion of your life, doesn't mean you shouldn't be honored for another. Especially on a local level.

If we stuck with your post then we would tear down the Vietnam War Memorial. Statues and other honors are the province of the local governments. If they want to honor someone, who cares.

Thomas Edison electrocuted an elephant as a public stunt to further his ambitions. He stuck an electric probe up the poor animals ass, but there are statues dedicated to him.

Fighting on the perceived wrong side of a war........when examined 150 yrs later........doesn't trump the locals who decided to put the statues up. If you want to tear it down, do it the right way.
Vietnam Veterans are American Heroes, NOT LOSERS.
They fought for the U.S.A. in Vietnam not against us.

Conferates were traitors that tried to break up the United States & thankfully lost.
They were responsible for the deaths of more than 600,000 Americans.
The leaders should have been hung, not honored with Statues.

I will not dignify your personal attack against me with a response.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
I will not dignify your personal attack against me with a response.
For the record, I don't see any personal attack in there...his use of "because you were a loser in one portion of your life" wasn't meant for you, but the people they made statutes for...unless someone has made a statue of you that we don't know about...which would be pretty cool.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:52 PM   #27
Marshall Bennett

Statues are just a beginning. A number of schools across the nation (dozens in Houston alone) are in the process of having their names changed that are considered offensive to those upset by the confederacy. Street names are also being considered. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually entire towns and cities experience the same. Jefferson owned slaves, as well as countless other prominent historical figures. So they can't escape the wrecking ball either.
Drawing a line at any given stage would of course constitute racism, just as leaving the statues standing would be. Does anyone with half a mind need look any further to fully understand why white people are becoming more and more racist towards blacks?
Flags and statues aren't symbols of racism. The people that relate them with racism are. The statue and flags have been there for centuries. It's the recent diversion from historic value to hate and symbolic recreation that has taken over. Once again, thank liberals. They've made it all possible.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #28
MONEY

Quote:
For the record, I don't see any personal attack in there...his use of "because you were a loser in one portion of your life" wasn't meant for you, but the people they made statutes for...unless someone has made a statue of you that we don't know about...which would be pretty cool.
After reading it again, I can see that you are right and I was wrong.
My sincere APOLOGIES to Ralph.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:56 PM   #29
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
There are going to be a lot of unintended consequences of what is going on out there right now.
Such as?
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #30
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Does anyone with half a mind need look any further to fully understand why white people are becoming more and more racist towards blacks?
They are? You are a one trick pony.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: